Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

10 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I had that experience with my F20 previously running on CSC5 RFTs. That happened when I first transitioned into that car from a FF car. After driving it for awhile and familiarising it with the handling, no problems at all. Another possibility could be that my cheapo car and tyres got lousy traction/traction control.

My guess is that you switch from NA FWD to TC RWD.  For NA FWD, you might step harder to catch up with the traffic.

↡ Advertisement

Just now, inlinesix said:

My guess is that you switch from NA FWD to TC RWD.  For NA FWD, you might step harder to catch up with the traffic.

Switched from a FF car, the Citroen DS4, 1.6L TC, a piece of nightmarish unreliable junk.

• Haha! 2

Just now, Rickster said:

Switched from a FF car, the Citroen DS4, 1.6L TC, a piece of nightmarish unreliable junk.

My Mini has the same engine.  Other than usual valve seal, no issue le.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, therock said:

Yep, but to the man on the street, space / size matters - he / she is unlikely to appreciate the finer differences.

However he will be able to discern the more quiet cabin and the more solid ride.. I was in the storm of the century in UK when a wall of water hit me, and the C class rode through it confidently, at 60 mph, even though I could not see for a few seconds... most unnerving, but despite the cramped cabin, I'm impressed... 

I will prefer drive of C class... rear wheel drive is getting lesser.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

From C Class W204 I changed to XC 60 T5 FWD car but handling close to crap to my experience especially with oversteer issue. Never been happier back to drive RWD E Class W213. Never go back to FWD again.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend trustworthy workshop for 5-year-old stock E200 (has serviced at C&C until warranty over and service credits depleted). 

Now I want to choose a workshop to continue with the routine servicing. 

Location: Leng Kee, Bukit Merah, Commonwealth, Queensway are best for me.

They would need to have all the Merc-specific diagnostic computers and parts right?  TIA

Edited by Rocky35

34 minutes ago, Rocky35 said:

Hi,

Can anyone recommend trustworthy workshop for 5-year-old stock E200 (has serviced at C&C until warranty over and service credits depleted). 

Now I want to choose a workshop to continue with the routine servicing. 

Location: Leng Kee, Bukit Merah, Commonwealth, Queensway are best for me.

They would need to have all the Merc-specific diagnostic computers and parts right?  TIA

Chip Soon is not near your area, but that's a shop that will know how to handle your car well

Who says a BMW handles better!

Hi Mercedes Team

I was considering getting a 5 series based on the reviews of the E-Class not being a driver's car.

In the end, I purchased a 4 Matic - E Class, watch this video of the car climbing to 1800m in the Swiss Alps!

365 bends all handled with Dynamic select on sport + mode.

What a ride.365 Curves in the Swiss Alps

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

If No COE and ARF, all people in Singapore driving Mercedes AMG version for the level we pay for the prices here. My E200 will get me E63 AMG in states/germany with some spare cash for modification.

26 minutes ago, Wheelslover said:

Anyone did their 60k servicing in CnC? May I know the damage?

my W205 soon due for 60k and already out of warranty, so was thinking if go back CnC or do it outside. Thanks 

Out of warranty just go a trusted outside WS. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1