Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

I use to pump 98, wanted give my baby all the best.

2 years time, engine some time feel little vibrate,going to C&C compain, they clear my engine compartment carbon, reason unknow answer from C&C.

I change to 95 till now 4 years time, every seen OK, mean speeding,engine noisy etc all are in good condition.

Besides, i saving alot changing 98 to 95 this 4 years.

Hi,

May I know what car and model are you driving? For me, as I have always been pumping Shell 95 when I was driving an E60 525 IL 6NA, I continued filling the same Shell 95 when I got the W212 last batch of E200 which is a TC 2.0L engine.

However, 1 day I went to pump V-Power....my goodness, it was like driving a brand new car! The vibration of the steering wheel and engine disappear immediately and i now do not feel much difference when the engine start/stop at the traffic light.

In other words, it was day and night difference between 95 and V-Power. Next I tried Shell 98....I tell you, i can't wait for the petrol to be used up so I can go back to filling V-Power. I'm sold and I'm addicted to V-Power now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

as i mentioned somewhere in the forum... it all depends on your engine....

lower powered engines will not see a significant change in the power output based on butt-feel. a 1% improvement to 100bhp is only 1 bhp. So don't need to waste the money on 98RON.

higher powered engines will be more likely to see the benefit.....since higher powered engines usually means their tuning parameters are tighter and thus likely to have different ECU air-fuel maps to protect the engine from detonation an increased wear and tear from using lower 95RON.

I use to pump 98, wanted give my baby all the best.
2 years time, engine some time feel little vibrate,going to C&C compain, they clear my engine compartment carbon, reason unknow answer from C&C.
I change to 95 till now 4 years time, every seen OK, mean speeding,engine noisy etc all are in good condition.
Besides, i saving alot changing 98 to 95 this 4 years.

• Praise 1

Its a 4-door coupe it seems

haha, I am very confused with German definition of coupe.

in my simple mind,

coupe = 2 doors

sedan = 4 doors

think for BMW gran coupe also means 4 doors ...  [:p]

Supercharged

Do you mean face lift? CLA is so new...

Yes, but Merc their facelift is like doing major cosmetic surgery... so can claim it is "new generation".

New front light design similar to C, E, S class.

• Praise 1

Just saw the E200 in the flesh, very nice.

The C,E and S now look not only like no 1, 2 & 3 siblings but identical twins with different BMI. The design is great but not sure if this is the right direction Mercedes is taking. Especially between the C & E. I can differentiate between the 3-er and 5-er from 1 mile away but not for the C & E, maybe I old liow.

Turbocharged

The CLA "new generation" really looks like just a facelift. The light clusters might be updated but the block shape seems the same, so the main frame looks unchanged.

Just new bumper fascias to make it look uglier. Looks similar to new E-class which.

• Praise 1

I see him post AMG GT, I so malu dun even dare say I drive Merc. LOL

Congrats for ur new ride

AMG GT is a nice car la where got ah pek

Ok la even merc considered ah pek, ur car considered elite ah pek haha

Definitely an upgrade from M5 not sure from ferrari

While u may get deals from these places from time to time, u gotta check out some individual German sites. Ever gotten some 2nd hand stuff for a song.

Just FYI

I have gone to a few place to check things out, but if not touching the item is ok, online sites offer more options.

Some accessories are cheap from Amazon UK and Germany.

No free shipping, but when you take off the VAT, that pretty much covers shipping.

There are less stuff for a B class in Amazon USA, but for other models, there are plenty of accessories.

Aliexpress is ok too, and I have received the item I ordered, and the quality is fine.

I tuned my car on 98. So its 98 for me. When I go 95, I can feel a loss of power in acceleration.

For me, I pump 95,

From some car video , magazine. No mean high grade is mean sure better,  for what i know, some car list to use 95 , it good for 95, using 98 cause unable to fully use and burn up the 98 contains, no good for the engine for long run.  :a-noway:

And local oil company, 95 and 98 price different alot, like saing to you, ok, u got extra money, I can make up heigher profit. 

Same to the car same model, for small and bigger CC,  their accessories price some time can be different. mean saying to bigger CC owner, u got extra money, please no mind little extra for me

Lol  :a-happy: 

For me, I pump 95,

From some car video , magazine. No mean high grade is mean sure better,  for what i know, some car list to use 95 , it good for 95, using 98 cause unable to fully use and burn up the 98 contains, no good for the engine for long run.  :a-noway:

And local oil company, 95 and 98 price different alot, like saing to you, ok, u got extra money, I can make up heigher profit. 

Same to the car same model, for small and bigger CC,  their accessories price some time can be different. mean saying to bigger CC owner, u got extra money, please no mind little extra for me

Lol  :a-happy: 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Trivia for Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts or would-be enthusiasts.

Here's a demystifying of their engine model names.

Motorbezeichnung ist wie folgt verschlüsselt:
M = Motor (Otto)
Baureihe = 3 stellig
DE = Direkteinspritzung
Hubraum = Deziliter (gerundet)
A = Abgasturbolader
L = Ladeluftkühlung
red. = leistungsreduziert

In English;

The motor name is code as follows:
M = engine
Series = 3 digits
DE = direct injection
Displacement = deciliter (rounded)
A = exhaust gas turbocharger
L = charged air cooling
red. = reduced performance
Edited by 7hm

Interesting..... They actually will denote a defined engine...

Meaning for the same capacity,  a red coded engine can potentially be ecu flashed to the max tuned engine without change in hardware....  C200 - >C250 - >C300. 

Trivia for Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts or would-be enthusiasts.

Here's a demystifying of their engine model names.

In English;

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro.

@RadX is the guy who bought a white Merc, got mistaken for a taxi (flagged down on the street), got pissed off and sold off damn fast. [laugh]

After that only Bimmers for RadX. :D

This the reason my wife refused to take white for merc. She herself flagged down random white merc before thinking it was taxi hahaha

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Interesting..... They actually will denote a defined engine...

Meaning for the same capacity,  a red coded engine can potentially be ecu flashed to the max tuned engine without change in hardware....  C200 - >C250 - >C300. 

Assuming the engine hardware is very similar, theoretically sounds possible.

It may possibly be though that red. engines are built to poorer tolerances and specifications and may fail to reliably produce the higher output.