Is a Hafei Minz or a Wuling Journey better?

Timthecarguy

The coe portion is already more than cost of car.. Thus dun make sense to get china made cars as savings is really marginal. Not to mention quality issues associated with such cars..

Better go along w a 2nd car jap car or mpv which is much more reliable compared to savings gettng china car..

End of day.. Reliability n safety is more impt. :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

To TS,

My uncle owns the hafei and trust me, the car spends more time in the workshop or the carpark. Theres always problems e.g gearbox la engine cant start unnecessary noises and engine always sound like kaput.

My humble advice is, if you have some financial tightness, dont commit yourself or your family members to own any car in spore. Loads of $$ will be Thrown for maintenance and misc.

Save that money for a Good family dinner.

• Praise 2

Oh because when my dad was looking around on sgcarmart, the Exora depreciation is all around 10k per year, same as Suzuki APV so not worth buying Exora. Also after seeing all you guys comments I may consider a Chery V5 because that looks more stable then any of these vans.

How much depreciation you are looking at per year?

why don't go for those Toyota wish that just renewed with 5 yrs COE? Depreciation is around 8 to 9k like below

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=595480&DL=2080

I believe a 10 yrs old Toyota Wish is still better than China MPV.

How much depreciation you are looking at per year?

why don't go for those Toyota wish that just renewed with 5 yrs COE? Depreciation is around 8 to 9k like below

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=595480&DL=2080

I believe a 10 yrs old Toyota Wish is still better than China MPV.

Trying to look for around 7k per year so also looking at Chevrolet Optra Estate as well as Chery T11. Now I think I also turned off by the China van alr

It's not cheap. Cheap to buy expensive to maintain the parts may well cost more than Mercedes ! If u want cheap get a low resale value Japanese mpv like Honda step wagon

Chevy V5 is a bigger cc mpv..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=156

How about Daihatsu Terios 7? Its a 1.5L mini SUV capable of carrying 7? My brother drives this car and so far is reliable and ease in maintenance, generally fuel economical too. Bro, if I may ask, not too sure your selection criteria, is it (1) Price, (2) Seating Capacity, (3) Engine size, (4) Country of Manufactured, (5) Safety, (6) Fuel consumption, (7) Handling, (8) Performance, ..etc.. Can share so that the rest of the bros can share more with you on their suggestions too.

Regards,

post-168173-0-56616700-1475541543_thumb.jpg

Chevy V5 is a bigger cc mpv..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=156

How about Daihatsu Terios 7? Its a 1.5L mini SUV capable of carrying 7? My brother drives this car and so far is reliable and ease in maintenance, generally fuel economical too. Bro, if I may ask, not too sure your selection criteria, is it (1) Price, (2) Seating Capacity, (3) Engine size, (4) Country of Manufactured, (5) Safety, (6) Fuel consumption, (7) Handling, (8) Performance, ..etc.. Can share so that the rest of the bros can share more with you on their suggestions too.

Regards,

Actually, all we want is something cheap around 7500 depreciation per year, can seat seven people or 5 people and a large boot, and COE until around June 2008. So far searching Sgcarmart only can find China car and some Chevy Optra estates

Supercharged

Think price point of $14k to $16k and drive till June 2018.. Have you look at Suzuki Every or Chery T11?

Every, damn cute and efficient.

T11, was told to go for manual instead of auto.

there's 1.6 or 2.0

spare part easily available in Malaysia

but not so efficient as the chassis is heavy.

Think price point of $14k to $16k and drive till June 2018.. Have you look at Suzuki Every or Chery T11?

T11 already considering as there are quite some cheap examples but can't buy Every because we can't buy commercial vehicles