Nissan Latio Ignition Coils Replacement

M2469

Confirm can work, just make sure you order the correct model. Coil 4 is the only one that is easy to get to without having to remove the exhaust manifold, it can be accessed by removing the oxygen sensor above it to make space to remove. The other 3 are under the manifold and you need a ratchet wrench which you can get at any neighborhood hardware shops for about $20, to remove the bolts. (I order my set from aliexpress for $10usd)

↡ Advertisement

Confirm can work, just make sure you order the correct model. Coil 4 is the only one that is easy to get to without having to remove the exhaust manifold, it can be accessed by removing the oxygen sensor above it to make space to remove. The other 3 are under the manifold and you need a ratchet wrench which you can get at any neighborhood hardware shops for about $20, to remove the bolts. (I order my set from aliexpress for $10usd)

Hi, my Latio has sluggish pick up and I'll like to try changing the coils. can you share the link to get the coils please?

Thanks

Wrong part number for Latio. you need 

Manufacturer Part Number:

22448-JA00C 22448-ED000

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS-Lot-High-Quality-Ignition-Coil-For-Nissan-Altima-Cube-Sentra-Infiniti-FX35-FX50-M37-Q70/32728269099.html?

Can try the above. but shop around, there are quite a few suppiers. unfortunately one of those I bought was faulty. after the effort to change, the others,found one piece didn't work.

22448-JA00C 22448-ED000

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS-Lot-High-Quality-Ignition-Coil-For-Nissan-Altima-Cube-Sentra-Infiniti-FX35-FX50-M37-Q70/32728269099.html?

Can try the above. but shop around, there are quite a few suppiers. unfortunately one of those I bought was faulty. after the effort to change, the others,found one piece didn't work.

Difficult to change?

Attached a little Guide.(See picture).

6. After releasing throttle body, you will be able to access the small bolt on the rightside of the manifold amd a similar one on the left side. 

7. Next remove the two bolts at the top  holding the exhaust to the manifold.(the bolts screw directly on to a plate that holds the exhaust in place.

8. Remove the 5 bolts on the Front of the Manifold.

9. there is a pipe at the left side back of the manifold that needs to be released.

After that you should be able to lift the manifold off and acesss all the injectors which are held by a small bolt each..

Once changed, work backwards to replace every thing. It helps to put the bolts removes just above where you took them out just where the wipers are so that you know you have put every thing back. 

Hope it helps. good luck  [;)]

post-181151-0-81852400-1479201685_thumb.jpg

post-181151-0-37179700-1479202040_thumb.jpg

post-181151-0-01036600-1479202226_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

My Renault iggy coil costs SGD35/pc online only. Local stockist sells $75 only.

At first, I thought the price was for a pair of four. Then, see again... "ea". [dizzy]

Latio & sylphy engine is HR15DE which is born after nissan & renault got married.

From that day nissan parts are no longer cheap.

Wah ........ so complex meh for NISSAN ?  Sure bo ....

Just take out the engine dust cover will do ma .......

Unscrew coil, remove connector, change.  Reverse do lor

6. After releasing throttle body, you will be able to access the small bolt on the rightside of the manifold amd a similar one on the left side. 

7. Next remove the two bolts at the top  holding the exhaust to the manifold.(the bolts screw directly on to a plate that holds the exhaust in place.

9. there is a pipe at the left side back of the manifold that needs to be released.

After that you should be able to lift the manifold off and acesss all the injectors which are held by a small bolt each..

Once changed, work backwards to replace every thing. It helps to put the bolts removes just above where you took them out just where the wipers are so that you know you have put every thing back. 

Hope it helps. good luck  [;)]

7. Next remove the two bolts at the top holding the exhaust to the manifold.(the bolts screw directly on to a plate that holds the exhaust in place.

Hope it helps. good luck [;)]

Thanks. :) for Latio the most troublesome is removing the manifold cover. With this guide, even changing sparks plugs also possible liao

Wah ........ so complex meh for NISSAN ? Sure bo ....

Just take out the engine dust cover will do ma .......

Unscrew coil, remove connector, change. Reverse do lor

It's mafan that's for sure. Same go for cefiro V6.

V6 is V6 ma ....... I wonder how they buy 6 Spark Plugs .....

Actually, I was staring at a Latio engine compartment yesterday.  My friend's Latio got problem lor .....

Does not look that complex leh....

It's mafan that's for sure. Same go for cefiro V6.

7. Next remove the two bolts at the top holding the exhaust to the manifold.(the bolts screw directly on to a plate that holds the exhaust in place.

Hope it helps. good luck [;)]

Bro, u did ac pipe insulation n grounding? How's the effect of ac pipe insulation; did ac become cold faster or colder at same settings? N how grounding improve ur ride?

22448-JA00C 22448-ED000

For this kind of stuffs, better to buy originals (or oem) from local parts supplier.

Rather than risk one or more DOA or not lasting.

Bcuz the parts need to work under high voltage and heat, they need to be properly QC.

Edited by Kb27

Bro, u did ac pipe insulation n grounding? How's the effect of ac pipe insulation; did ac become cold faster or colder at same settings? N how grounding improve ur ride?

Grounding I did early on cos last time Latioclub guys use to get together and share. Don't know if it really helps. AC insulation honestly prob doesn't really change much. I feel the A/C is always very cold. I always set at 26 or 27 deg C and its very comfortable. My other car.. Citroen wah....don't ever buy one (problems galore)...but.A/C must set at 20 Deg then its cool.

Thanks. :) for Latio the most troublesome is removing the manifold cover. With this guide, even changing sparks plugs also possible liao

Btw, before you remove the 5 front manifold bolts, it helps to lift the radiator coolant reservoir up. (It comes off quite easily by pressing the catch on the left side of the reservoir where it hooks to the radiator). Just lift up and put it on the other side near the battery. No need to disconnect anything.

Grounding I did early on cos last time Latioclub guys use to get together and share. Don't know if it really helps. AC insulation honestly prob doesn't really change much. I feel the A/C is always very cold. I always set at 26 or 27 deg C and its very comfortable. My other car.. Citroen wah....don't ever buy one (problems galore)...but.A/C must set at 20 Deg then its cool.

tks for reply bro. on ac, i think conti cars r such - gotta adjust to below 21-22 deg C, maybe becos of heater core / coil. mine is korean but oso designed in same manner. no matter - as long as cold is ok. jap car ac setting more linear i think.

↡ Advertisement