Showster

69 members have voted

1. 1. How much space do you require?

• 10 sqft (about 1m square)
    • 30 sqft (about 2 m square)
    • 100 sqft (about 3 m square)
    • 1000 sqft (about 10 m square)
    • 100000 sqft or more

Wow! I didn't know one Minister statement can get so many hits and no misses in MCF

Looks like a very hot button topic [grin]

Ya too bad, she is a minister, if she is just an ordinary folk who made this comment, nobody will cares.

That's the bad thing being a politician. Being a politician really need to have all the qualities from top to bottom. Must have excellent iq, must have excellent eq, must be patient, must be law-abiding citizen, must show good example, must be hard working, must not look down on people and the list goes on.

That been said, it's good in a way as whoever managed to survive this and also have most of the good quality of being a human, singapore will be in a safe hand. So people being demanding with politicians actually want to build a better future for singapore too

Edited by Yewheng

I used to think that only boleh-land ministers and politicians make such foot-in-mouth statements. And assume that it was due to their lack of higher education, and not as qualified as our own scholarly leaders.

But now it looks like the foot-in-mouth affliction has spread across the causeway [laugh]

• Praise 3

Who willing. 2 people bring up 1 kids already got people complaining Liao. Single parent even worse

There are single parent out there who can't enjoy the same benefit u enjoy

Sorry bro, I was thinking along the line of 1m by 1m and 10m by 10m. Therefore square. It's not square m and also not that accurate but just to give a yardstick. Apologies for the confusion.

no worries lah.

just that i read why got like 7 persons chose the option of 100000 sqft option, then suspect that they must have found the next smaller option too small. But it is 1000 sqft, the size of my 4-rm HDB, so it can't be not big enough... Then saw the 10 sq m, which will likely be something like 3 m by 3 m, and that's smaller than a bedroom - that's when i suspected the 7 who chose 100000 sqft maybe not playing a fool, but really found the 10 sq m option too small... 

and so found the discrepancy lor...

• Praise 1

no worries lah.

just that i read why got like 7 persons chose the option of 100000 sqft option, then suspect that they must have found the next smaller option too small. But it is 1000 sqft, the size of my 4-rm HDB, so it can't be not big enough... Then saw the 10 sq m, which will likely be something like 3 m by 3 m, and that's smaller than a bedroom - that's when i suspected the 7 who chose 100000 sqft maybe not playing a fool, but really found the 10 sq m option too small... 

and so found the discrepancy lor...

100000 sqft means bo pian no even got HDeeB, they have to go to public park mah....

• Praise 1

I am not sure space is the most important.

I think privacy is more important.

Sure you can do in the car, east coast

park, mt faber etc but to me privacy is

more important. Naturalist and nudist

may violently disagree with me but I am

always really to come halfway to see their

point of view.

:D

the real question is where does Joe have sex?

I bet its not some 3 room flat shared with her/his parents.

its always suggesting others do and accept things that they themselves will never even consider... and suggesting it with a straight face.

and the issue of wanting a proper home first to bring up a kid seems lost..... but then... if you are swimming in enough spare cash to just reach out and buy a nice house like ordinary folks buy a rice cooker, it is understandable.

• Praise 2

100000 sqft means bo pian no even got HDeeB, they have to go to public park mah....

soccer field got or not huh? Need so big, is it must play catching first? caught already then can continue???

Choice of word aside, you were clearly defending her against the faults founded on her by others. I use the explanation that her role as minister/politician is such that, dont expect people not to find fault with her wrong choice of words.

I had already stated clearly there is no link, if you think otherwise, then you provide the linkage for me to explain. I cant be explaining what i think you are thinking.

How is my alleged "defending her" (I will come to that in a min) "against the faults founded (sic) on her by other", any different from you taking offence with what she has said against others who like me are not offended?

I am saying that considered in the context of the interview in which she uttered the sentence, I am not offended. If that is what you mean by "defending her", that is how you choose to subjectively frame, phrase or view it.

I don't think it is the most elegant way of putting things, but would I say it is the "wrong" choice of words as you have put it (is it a "statement of observation" too?)? I wouldn't.

I asked a question, which I think was put clearly but I will repeat:

"As far as I can see, you don't disagree with me that she is pro family (goodness forbid if she is, what is she doing in that position). Can I then understand your "statement of observation" that "she is pro-family doesn't mean she can make avoid (sic) comments that rile other pro-family members", to mean that you observe that she cannot make comments that rile other pro-family members, since it "doesn't mean she can" do so?"

In other words, you have observed that "he is pro-family doesn't mean she can make avoid (sic) comments that rile other pro-family members".

The question is whether you then mean that she cannot make comments that rile other pro-family members?

• Praise 2

How is my alleged "defending her" (I will come to that in a min) "against the faults founded (sic) on her by other", any different from you taking offence with what she has said against others who like me are not offended?

I am saying that considered in the context of the interview in which she uttered the sentence, I am not offended. If that is what you mean by "defending her", that is how you choose to subjectively frame, phrase or view it.

I don't think it is the most elegant way of putting things, but would I say it is the "wrong" choice of words as you have put it (is it a "statement of observation" too?)? I wouldn't.

I asked a question, which I think was put clearly but I will repeat:

"As far as I can see, you don't disagree with me that she is pro family (goodness forbid if she is, what is she doing in that position). Can I then understand your "statement of observation" that "she is pro-family doesn't mean she can make avoid (sic) comments that rile other pro-family members", to mean that you observe that she cannot make comments that rile other pro-family members, since it "doesn't mean she can" do so?"

In other words, you have observed that "he is pro-family doesn't mean she can make avoid (sic) comments that rile other pro-family members".

The question is whether you then mean that she cannot make comments that rile other pro-family members?

para 1-2 - i dont know which sentence of mine led you to think i say there is any difference in moral standing other than the diametrically different stand we took.  it is as simple as telling you, i don't agree with you that people's criticism of her comment is unfair.  nothing else is inferred there.

para 3 - i stand by my choice of word.  but if you think it is not appropriate to class it as an observation, i am cool and can accept your differing view.

last 3 paras - there is completely no link at all.  you said she has 3 kids and probably pro-family as well.  i told you i can accept this inference.  and further added being pro-family doesn't mean one knows how to talk in a way that not to rile other pro-family member. it is a further extension to explaining the reasons i surmised why she had riled other pro-family member.  

it is amply illustrated by my earlier analogy that the best mathematician are not necessarily good in teaching and talking maths to other mathematician.  just like the best football player isn't always the best coach of football or simply put his coaching advice may not be well accepted by his football players.  nothing in there to suggest i said she shouldn't rile other pro-family members.  i only meant she does not necessarily have the eq not to rile other pro-family members even though herself could be pro-family.

• Praise 2

There is a different in making love and making babies. Making babies 5 minutes without foreplay is enough liao (must pity the female partner)! But making love......well....that is a different story. And both methods will probably ends up in the creation of a baby!

haolian...ððð

5 min only? You must be very very young boy boy in disguise here. Haha

How many people managed to do it in a handicapped toilet?

I must admit, I had some problems doing it. :o

How about baby chàbeing room. Got tap to wash up. Some even provide hot water.

para 1-2 - i dont know which sentence of mine led you to think i say there is any difference in moral standing other than the diametrically different stand we took.  it is as simple as telling you, i don't agree with you that people's criticism of her comment is unfair.  nothing else is inferred there.

para 3 - i stand by my choice of word.  but if you think it is not appropriate to class it as an observation, i am cool and can accept your differing view.

last 3 paras - there is completely no link at all.  you said she has 3 kids and probably pro-family as well.  i told you i can accept this inference.  and further added being pro-family doesn't mean one knows how to talk in a way that not to rile other pro-family member. it is a further extension to explaining the reasons i surmised why she had riled other pro-family member.  

it is amply illustrated by my earlier analogy that the best mathematician are not necessarily good in teaching and talking maths to other mathematician.  just like the best football player isn't always the best coach of football or simply put his coaching advice may not be well accepted by his football players.  nothing in there to suggest i said she shouldn't rile other pro-family members.  i only meant she does not necessarily have the eq not to rile other pro-family members even though herself could be pro-family.

From my point of view, I have nothing further to add about my first three paras, which you answered in your first two paras. In truth, I think the result of the 'disagreement' (if that can be the label) is manifested in the degree in which we have taken offence to the statement, I am not offended but you are and that necessarily mean that you found it more inappropriate than I did. I just think it is not the most elegant of sentence, but that's it. 

On my last three paras (which you addressed in your last two paras), your exact words were that "she is pro-family doesn't mean she can make avoid (sic) comments that rile other pro-family members"". It seems from your analogy that my understanding of what you said is different from what you meant and essentially what you mean is that (from your perspective, and you are possibly not alone), that she does not have the EQ not to rile other pro-family people. I may not necessarily share that perspective, but I understand what you are saying now. 

What is wrong with children staying with grandparents? I had kids before I bought a house. Stayed with my parents for a number of years first as I was waiting to enlist for NS when my first son was born. Bought house after I started working. Don't think that my children are any worse than those who were born when their parents have bought a house already.

It works for you maybe but like someone else said, may not work for everyone.

Nowadays people want the capability to be able to raise children with their own means rather than burden their parents further with more childcare.

Ya too bad, she is a minister, if she is just an ordinary folk who made this comment, nobody will cares.

That's the bad thing being a politician. Being a politician really need to have all the qualities from top to bottom. Must have excellent iq, must have excellent eq, must be patient, must be law-abiding citizen, must show good example, must be hard working, must not look down on people and the list goes on.

That been said, it's good in a way as whoever managed to survive this and also have most of the good quality of being a human, singapore will be in a safe hand. So people being demanding with politicians actually want to build a better future for singapore too

Nowadays with social media and internet, these kind of people will be scrutinised the most closely by everyone.

As it should be, given how much they are paid and how much their policies influence and affect us. So of course everything they say or do we must have a say.  [cool]

I used to think that only boleh-land ministers and politicians make such foot-in-mouth statements. And assume that it was due to their lack of higher education, and not as qualified as our own scholarly leaders.

But now it looks like the foot-in-mouth affliction has spread across the causeway [laugh]

Ours no better la. Foot-in-mouth very long already.

Our own Hui-Ge KBW got his very own collection of quotable gems. Endless.

• Praise 1

Give it a break lah! It never experience love making, it whole life just animal instinct sex in confine space! Can be more understanding? It is not so lucky like us experience what is called love making to the one we love. Dun be so mean ok

Edited by D3badge