<Bloomberg News Leak> SPH Retrenchment Coming

Jellandross

On 10/19/2019 at 1:57 AM, Vinceng said:

Most companies run by ex-MINDEF generals usually don't do well. Do I need to say more?

Same goes for countries?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 10/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, t0y0ta said:

This one in particular.... firstly confirm IPPT fail since OCS days... secondly good track record of helping companies vanish or self-destruct.

No la. If porky pig was failing during OCS, can pass out? I think need silver to pass out from OCS.

• Praise 1

Just wait and see what's the next company he is given to play with. 

Maybe share price will drop upon announcement... or employees will immediately update their resumes. 😑

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

This is what you get when you parachute these paper generals around thinking they can/know how to run a company..

They used to run many Company. HQ, alpha, bravo, Charlie. 

• Haha! 1

Just now, Mockngbrd said:

They used to run many Company. HQ, alpha, bravo, Charlie. 

those red beret one hoh they run Platoon 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and HQ! 😁

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

This is what you get when you parachute these paper generals around thinking they can/know how to run a company..

Some even become ministers.  And people voted them in.

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Some even become ministers.  And people voted them in.

It's being glorified by the party to mask the fact that people from the private sector are refusing to join them. 

What should be a alarming warning is now becoming a norm. 

On 10/17/2019 at 9:01 PM, Roh96 said:

Wow..staff get retrenched bcos company not making enough profit. I think is better to work for non profit organisation.

Work for civil service lah.. no retrenchments.. 

Anyone still reading TNP like me?

Realised the number of pages has been decreasing. Nowadays, only 20 or less pages. Minus those ads and horse racing, like 10 to 12 pages of news, including sports news. Before, it was upper 30's to 40 pages.

No more those kinda of big exclusive news, investigative news or funny funny news reports. TNP reporters all WFH now? Just copy and paste from Straits Times or other news agency and hand in work?

Why ah?

53 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Realised the number of pages has been decreasing. Nowadays, only 20 or less pages. Minus those ads and horse racing, like 10 to 12 pages of news, including sports news. Before, it was upper 30's to 40 pages.

No more those kinda of big exclusive news, investigative news or funny funny news reports. TNP reporters all WFH now? Just copy and paste from Straits Times or other news agency and hand in work?

Why ah?

Becos very very few ppl like u around 

• Haha! 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Why ah?

They only doing minimal reporting, all news articles are pooled together. Hence the poor standard. Need to function as govt mouthpiece. But need to save $.

SPH is now no longer a media company. Real estate and other things like SGCM are where it's focused at.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

They only doing minimal reporting, all news articles are pooled together. Hence the poor standard. Need to function as govt mouthpiece. But need to save $.

SPH is now no longer a media company. Real estate and other things like SGCM are where it's focused at.

TNP has always been a football newspaper (my impression).  Now got no football match.

In addition, there has been centralisation of news room.  All English media reporters are pooled together with separate editor for both publication.

As editor has no control over reporters, it will report the same news as per ST.

• Praise 2

(edited)

My friend works at SPH M&A division.

The best way to describe SPH currently is that it's a conglomerate who's diversified out of media cos that's just a money losing sector.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

TNP has always been a football newspaper (my impression).  Now got no football match.

Not massag classifieds?

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Why ah?

U should go see wanbao and shin min. Maciam both copy and paste. How they place the photos on the front page are the same with the same photos. Then facebook post both headings are identical and posted at the same time. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Koster said:

U should go see wanbao and shin min. Maciam both copy and paste. How they place the photos on the front page are the same with the same photos. Then facebook post both headings are identical and posted at the same time. 

my FIL used to buy both wanbao and shin min for many years, and lian he in the morning. But he stopped for 3-4 years already. Lol that's from a super ardent newspaper fan.

Turbocharged

When you control too much, then might as well just have a single official press. Then if you let them run while like HK, it is full of BS. Competition is good, just need to set guidelines.  

↡ Advertisement