Thai King

Aaron_soh80

Hi all.. I believe Altis , vois , camry , city... are make in thailand..So they are consider thailand car and not japan car rite ? if so why dun have thailand talk here?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all.. I believe Altis , vois , camry , city... are make in thailand..So they are consider thailand car and not japan car rite ? if so why dun have thailand talk here?

They are Japanese branded cars, as the cars are designed and conceptualised by the Japanese car companies.

Part of the production of the cars is then outsourced to countries like Thailand, maybe for costs and location reasons, eg. producing/assembling the cars in Thailand is cheaper than shipping the cars from Japan over. So they can't be called Thai cars..

It's the same as Adidas for example; Adidas has factories in China and Indonesia, but they are not Chinese or Indonesian brands..

Pls go to the main forum page and look carefully... the Japanese Talk, Conti Talk, American Talk, etc sub-sections are under a section named "Car Brands", not "Country of Manufacture" or anything like that.

If there is a Thailand Talk sub-section we would be discussing tuk-tuks. [laugh]

Pls go to the main forum page and look carefully... the Japanese Talk, Conti Talk, American Talk, etc sub-sections are under a section named "Car Brands", not "Country of Manufacture" or anything like that.

If there is a Thailand Talk sub-section we would be discussing tuk-tuks. [laugh]

you are careful in words. good on you.

your avatar tells it all. :)

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum and I'd love to talk about any and all cars in thailand. I do have many questions to ask for anyone who is knowledgeable in registering cars in Thailand that are shipped from overseas (The US in particular). Anyone here know a thing or two on how to go about doing this?

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum and I'd love to talk about any and all cars in thailand. I do have many questions to ask for anyone who is knowledgeable in registering cars in Thailand that are shipped from overseas (The US in particular). Anyone here know a thing or two on how to go about doing this?

where in LOS are you staying!

British Family Brutally Assaulted in Hua Hin 

HUA HIN:-- Police have asked for help in identifying two youths involved in a serious assault on a family of British tourists.

A video clip from CCTV from a camera at the entrance to Soi Bintabaht in
front of Wat Hua Hin captures a serious argument between a British 
tourist family of three people - a mum, dad and their child - who were 
in the area to celebrate Songkran on the evening of April 13th.

The family encounter a group of youths and an argument develops into a 
serious assault where the three foreigners are unable to defend 
themselves and were grievously injured.

In the clip, the family can be seen getting into an argument with the 
attackers. A man appears to strike the foreign woman before other, 
presumably Thai men, start attacking the two other foreign men. All 
three foreigners are knocked to the floor.

The attack only stops when the three foreigners are unconscious but not 
before one Thai man lands a brutal volley to the face of the woman as 
she tries to get up in what is a truly shocking display of violence.

Hua Hin police are sharing the video footage to help arrest those responsible.
Police have two of the attackers in custody and are trying to find two more.

They appeal for help to find those responsible for the violence against 
the unnamed British family and the damage it has done to local tourism.

Anyone one who has information or who may have witnessed the incident is urged to contact officers at Hua Hin police station.
Edit to add - Thaivisa has not received any further information on the condition of the victims.

UPDATE - April 28

Thaivisa understands that police now have 6 men in custody over the attack.
The Daily Mirror
which has now covered the story along with numerous other British news 
sites, features a report from a man who claimed to have witness the 
incident and came to the defence of the 65 year old female victim.
The Mirror also reports that three victims are still in hospital and will require cosmetic dental work following the attack.
A spokeswoman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) said: 
"Our staff have been in contact with the family to offer assistance and 
will remain in contact with the local authorities."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjyArvoCCFI

• Praise 1

Looks like it started with one of the man bumping into the Thai guy and pushing him away.

In the ensuring argument, the British woman slapped the guy.

I dunno how pissed the Thais are with tourists but AMDK seems to be prevalent there. Something snapped. Maybe the AMDK said something.........

The people who assaulted them dun even look like they are friends of the Thai guy who was involved initially.

Too bad.

Thai boxing rocks though.

• Praise 1

Looks like it started with one of the man bumping into the Thai guy and pushing him away.

In the ensuring argument, the British woman slapped the guy.

I dunno how pissed the Thais are with tourists but AMDK seems to be prevalent there. Something snapped. Maybe the AMDK said something.........

The people who assaulted them dun even look like they are friends of the Thai guy who was involved initially.

Too bad.

Thai boxing rocks though.

• Praise 2

So what gives the angmo b1tch the right to slap people in public?

If the angmos started the physical altercation, then they deserve to be whacked.

The igniting force started from the British lady who slapped the local who still arguing, then one of the male by-passer joined in defending and few more involved to teach the white's bad behaviour is not tolerated in Hua Hin.

Supercharged

So what gives the angmo b1tch the right to slap people in public?

If the angmos started the physical altercation, then they deserve to be whacked.

Seems like the ang moh who was pushed at the back and fall use his hand the block the thai guy to avoid been knock into. And just prior to that the thai guy seems to have been arguing with someone.

Edited by Xers007

the AM really never learn to do AOS (appreciation of situation)...

outnumbered in a foreign country, vs alcohol-fuelled nationalistic mob - Songkran is well-known for heavy drinking sessions, thus the assumption. And the 1st guy that kena bumped into seems to be holding a big beer bottle. He's the guy that kena slapped by the AM bu and kick-started (!) the violence. What's the point of arguing with someone that's intoxicated?

kudos to the big guy wearing white-horizontal stripes for trying to help. But alas he is also outnumbered. At least he know when to eat humble pie and walk away quietly.

is it the same guy that knocked down all of the 3 AM? Seems to be left handed.

but kicking someone when they are already down... what's the point in that? shows what they are made of.

some updates.

while the local thugs will be charged with assault, I wonder if the ang moh lady will be charged for slapping the 1st guy?

btw the younger brit guy lives in SG.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/29/british-family-brutally-attacked-in-thailand-vow-never-to-return-5848698/

British family brutally attacked and left unconscious in Thailand pictured for first time

Lewis Owen had been at a bar with his parents in Hua Hin when they were attacked by a group of men on April 13.

The incident left Lewis and his father, also called Lewis, with heavy bruising, while his mum, Rosemary, suffered serious head injuries.

CCTV footage of the incident was released by Thai Police and they have since arrested six people.

Lewis, a graphic designer who lives in Singapore, only sees his parents twice a year.

He told the Mirror: ‘I’m not going back to Thailand again.

‘Mum and dad won’t be either. Never, ever again.’

He explained his parents are recovering from the ordeal  and are expected to return home to Glamorgan next week.

His 68-year-old father required six stitches to his forehead, while his mother, 65, required several operations to deal with swelling on her brain.

He said his parents are frequent visitors to Thailand but he only sees them twice a year, at Christmas and his dad’s birthday.

Lewis said police would not initially let him see footage of the incident because it was ‘too violent’.

‘I watched it today and it is horrendous,’ he said.

‘I have been speaking to my mum and dad every day. I did not realise how badly we were beaten up.’

Lewis said they had not seen their attackers before they left the bar they were in, with the streets busy for Thai New Year.

Lewis said he believed the attack was just random.

A spokesman for the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said Royal Thai Police arrested six people and charged them with grievous assault on April 17.

He said: ‘An investigation is in process and the suspects will soon be under the jurisdiction of the court. If found guilty, the perpetrators of this incident will face full justice under Thai law.

‘The Tourism Authority of Thailand would like to express our deepest sorrow to the family who were subjected to the assault in Hua Hin during the Songkran celebrations. We hope that you recover from your injuries and make a swift and full recovery.

‘TAT would like to assure international travellers that this was an isolated incident, not targeted on any group of foreign tourists in particular. The situation was exacerbated by alcohol.’

↡ Advertisement