Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

honda-cr-v001-1.jpghonda-cr-v002-1.jpghonda-cr-v003-1.jpghonda-cr-v004-1.jpghonda-cr-v005-1.jpg

Don't care outside look, only interesting know engine whether 2.0TC, drivetrain whether AWD+CVT Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Since the 1.5TC is said to have the same pulling strength of the 2.4NA in the Ody, it could be the 1.5TC for this CRV.

To use a 2.0TC, (assuming its a detuned version of CTR), the torque will still be too high.

Unless, instead of the current Ody CVT, they use the 6AT as last seen in SG around 08-09 on the Accord 3.5 V6.

For 280ps/350nm, Honda now offers the 9AT on mid-trim onwards.  But I doubt they will issue the 9AT to a CRV.

• Praise 2

Nothing mentioned about the engine option so far. But as mentioned in one of the press event early this year, TC engine is on the card for some of  the new model to be introduce this year and next.

However many are expecting it to come with optional 3rd row seat, inline with the current trend (7 seater SUV).

• Praise 7

Since the 1.5TC is said to have the same pulling strength of the 2.4NA in the Ody, it could be the 1.5TC for this CRV.

To use a 2.0TC, (assuming its a detuned version of CTR), the torque will still be too high.

Unless, instead of the current Ody CVT, they use the 6AT as last seen in SG around 08-09 on the Accord 3.5 V6.

For 280ps/350nm, Honda now offers the 9AT on mid-trim onwards.  But I doubt they will issue the 9AT to a CRV.

if it's 2.0T engine, 280ps/350nm even can wins Subaru XT 2.0T, XC60 2.0T hands down,

however don't think Honda will equip this powertrain,

Supersonic

if it's 2.0T engine, 280ps/350nm even can wins Subaru XT 2.0T, XC60 2.0T hands down,

Ya, its too close for comfort to ctr. 280ps 350nm is v6 engine equipped on the honda pilot suv.

If 1.5tc compact turbo is for jade n cibic.

Maybe they can twin scroll it for the crv & ody.

• Praise 2

if it's 2.0T engine, 280ps/350nm even can wins Subaru XT 2.0T, XC60 2.0T hands down,

Afterall C-RV is a mass market model for Honda, unless Honda has intention to create Type R version of this popular SUV.

• Praise 6

soccer mom and dad car no need that kind of performance ... lol

main considerations are fuel efficiency and space (passenger and boot)

Edited by Wt_know

Afterall C-RV is a mass market model for Honda, unless Honda has intention to create Type R version of this popular SUV.

however if KM don't learn lesson and set ridiculous price let's say 160k at current COE, it will be still no market :D

however if KM don't learn lesson and set ridiculous price let's say 160k at current COE, it will be still no market :D

That is KM issue. If not for PI Vezel, Shuttle, Odyssey & Stepwgn, Honda sales figure will be at the bottom of LTA chart...

After owning 1 PI model previously (with good after sales service as well), I don't think I will go back to KM for another Honda, unless their spec and price are more reasonable. On the record, I have also purchase 2 brand new Honda from KM, but I just don't see the "value" in it. Period.

can the new CRV beats Sportage? [sly]

Honestly, the Korean are catching up fast. Better built quality and with the use of TC engine(s), the Jap might be loosing out soon if they don't follow the trend (and market needs).

• Praise 6

That is KM issue. If not for PI Vezel, Shuttle, Odyssey & Stepwgn, Honda sales figure will be at the bottom of LTA chart...

After owning 1 PI model previously (with good after sales service as well), I don't think I will go back to KM for another Honda, unless their spec and price are more reasonable. On the record, I have also purchase 2 brand new Honda from KM, but I just don't see the "value" in it. Period.

Honestly, the Korean are catching up fast. Better built quality and with the use of TC engine(s), the Jap might be loosing out soon if they don't follow the trend (and market needs).

CRV consecutively ranked No.1 in USA compact SUV market
  • Praise 1

Very interesting... what's the ETA for SG?

Hopefully by year end, and yes, with a respectable price tag, and MIJ if possible :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1