Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

hahaha the headliner cloth part is quite funny.

I fully agree. Honda parts $$ are on the high side even if u buy from stockist...And TMD, their durability is a big question mark

For my ex-2008 FD1....me the only owner since day one, used for 7 yrs and ard 85000km at the pont of sale... these are the parts that broke/wear off.

-  5AT worn at ard 70000km. 2nd gear slipping and it eroded into 1st and 3rd gear. Didnt fix that too damn expensive to do so

-  3 sets of front disc rotors!. Original Honda disc rotors warped easily and frequently In the end, import aftermarket set of cross drilled/slotted disc rotors from Canada to solve the issues. Was paying alot for disc rotors....ridiculous

-  Worn rear wheel bearings at 60000+km... replaced.

-  Leaking shocks at ard 70000+km... front lower A arm bushing worn out. All replaced

-  All engine mountings...

-  Front wheel bearings. Didnt replace

-  Broken passenger side side visor! Yup, hardly used but the catch just broke off one day and the visor drooping on its ends. Replaced by 'stealing' from a junked FD. Hence difference color

-  Falling headliner cloth! Totally unacceptabe. None of my prev rides had this issue and it had to happen in my ex FD1... didnt bother with it. Just like it drop on my head lor.

-  Failing aircon compressor despite reg aircon svcs during every svcs. Didnt replace that

Note that I have always used top quality 0w-20 full syn oil since day one and I neve miss or skimp on reg svcs... yet all the shit above happened.

Made in Japan indeed

They will buy the Crown Majesta or Athete instead wor LOL

↡ Advertisement

2017-honda-cr-v-live-photos.jpg

http://www.motor1.com/news/101373/2017-honda-crv-official-photos/

At its core, the 2017 CR-V adopts a more powerful version of the Civic's 1.5-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Blessed with 190 horsepower and 179 pound-feet of torque, it has 16 extra ponies and 17 extra torques on offer compared to the compact sedan. The flipside is that peak torque is available along a narrower part of the rev range, from 2,000 to 5,000 rpm instead of the Civic's broader 1,700 to 5,500 revs. This will be the standard engine on all but the very base CR-V, so Honda’s estimated 75-percent take rate makes sense.

Goodbye Qashqai , we got a new winner here.

Great looking. It is too costly for me as I booked a DX HRV.

• Praise 1

hahaha the headliner cloth part is quite funny.

I think it is quite common for the FD.. My previous EK till now still ok. But the FD one drop last 2 years ago...
  • Praise 1

2017-honda-cr-v-live-photos.jpg

http://www.motor1.com/news/101373/2017-honda-crv-official-photos/

At its core, the 2017 CR-V adopts a more powerful version of the Civic's 1.5-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Blessed with 190 horsepower and 179 pound-feet of torque, it has 16 extra ponies and 17 extra torques on offer compared to the compact sedan. The flipside is that peak torque is available along a narrower part of the rev range, from 2,000 to 5,000 rpm instead of the Civic's broader 1,700 to 5,500 revs. This will be the standard engine on all but the very base CR-V, so Honda’s estimated 75-percent take rate makes sense.

Goodbye Qashqai , we got a new winner here.

CRV main rival is not Qashqai, Its Murano or Xtrail.

• Praise 1

cute little boxy wagon with electric side door sibei popular in japan

suv ... cannot la

suv is for amdk in usa and europe ... highway cruiser with adults and children and stuff fully loaded ... lol

japan ... top speed 100kmph and everyone sibei kwai slow and steady

you think all the japs drive like tofu guy meh ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

cute little boxy wagon with electric side door sibei popular in japan

suv ... cannot la

suv is for amdk in usa and europe ... highway cruiser with adults and children and stuff fully loaded ... lol

japan ... top speed 100kmph and everyone sibei kwai slow and steady

you think all the japs drive like tofu guy meh ... lol

Actually not entirely true la. They do drive quite fast ard 120kmh on highways... but their highway police are super efficent, and they somehow can hide behind the smallest roadside object (eg trees) . Their police all used Crown Majesta of various generations... so power is there. Only the locals knows where the hotspots are so we foerigners doing holiday driving in Japan, esp Hokkaido, please dont speed hor

The Japs have great road patience and manners though. If u drive at 60kmh along country roads, they will follow behind you instead of overtaking... And I've never seen a middle finger appearing from their driver b4... LOL

New CRV is still a 5 seater but with a really big boot.

Not to mention honda uses one of the most lousy drive shaft, and I don't mean the cv joint but the whole piece.

touch wood my ex FD1 drive shafts were ok hehe

The aircon compressor fault is damn KNS lor. I am very particular about cabin air quality so I replace my aircon filter during every svcs. I also have the workshop do general evaportor coil cleaning at the same time Yet the compressor went up the lorry so easily.

Neutral Newbie

The 1.5T for Civic has almost the same HP and Torque as the current 2.4 Odyssey.

Should be just enough.

Want more power will need the 2.0T.

Bro, they are using the 2.0T in the Type-R!

• Praise 1

I hope we'll get the 1.5T version with button style gear selector, 7 seater option and panoramic roof. The rest like LED headlights, 6 airbags, nanoe air purifier should be kinda standard. Wood trims not impt to me. Not forgetting the Econ and idle stop function.

If KM brings the above in, I may just upgrade from my jazz.

With the above they'll be able to kill the harrier.

Based on SCM, they'll be arriving Q42017

Edited by Penknife

I hope we'll get the 1.5T version with button style gear selector, 7 seater option and panoramic roof. The rest like LED headlights, 6 airbags, nanoe air purifier should be kinda standard. Wood trims not impt to me. Not forgetting the Econ and idle stop function.

If KM brings the above in, I may just upgrade from my jazz.

With the above they'll be able to kill the harrier.

Based on SCM, they'll be arriving Q42017

But that 7 seater version is the Indo CRV right?

Normally we get the Thai version which is the 1.6diesel or the 2.4petrol versions unfortunately.

I do agree the Indo 1.6T 7seater version seems the better choice locally [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3