Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Weewee1976 said:

Before installing the external sensors, I also struggled quite long as the valve cap is huge. But upon installing, it doesn't look that bad after all as our rims and tyres are big. Pics attached for reference.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-29 at 8.30.20 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-29 at 8.30.37 PM.jpeg

Hi, care to share what brand of TPMS is this, how much is it and is it easy to install? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Hi, care to share what brand of TPMS is this, how much is it and is it easy to install? Thanks.

This is the Steelmate TPMS using solar power to display the readings. It's super easy to install. Just replace the existing valve caps with the external sensors and turn on the TPMS main unit. It's recommended to fully charge the main unit first using a micro-USB cable before 1st use. Thereafter no need to separately charge it as the sun will take care of charging it. I've even tried going overseas for 9 days with my car parked in MSCP and came back the unit was still on.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Weewee1976 said:

Before installing the external sensors, I also struggled quite long as the valve cap is huge. But upon installing, it doesn't look that bad after all as our rims and tyres are big. Pics attached for reference.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-29 at 8.30.20 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-29 at 8.30.37 PM.jpeg

Nice! Well I just received my TPMS yesterday. Just need to wait until my new rims and tyres arrive to install. Basically too late now without wasting more money. 

I promised myself when I got my car that I would only zhng it a small amount, since I spent way more than I wanted to on a car (while still maintaining a strong level of financial health). 7 months later I'm rocking much more spent money than I should have on the car, including  bodykits, (soon to be) new rims and tyres and many small accessories. My only excuse is I bought the car at the cheapest recorded price due to CoE being rock bottom at the time! Damn cars and my interest in cars. 

• Haha! 1

2020 CRV face-lift is out in the states:

https://www.motor1.com/news/371613/2020-honda-crv-hybrid-refresh/

Not necessarily what we would get in SG, but gives a guide. 

Basically its the same car. Same power train (don't think they'll bring the hybrid to SG). Different bumpers, different wheels, blacked out grille and tinted rear lights. Inside it's the same but with wireless charging. They continue to retain the same infotainment system. 

So basically the same car. 

Personally like the pre-facelift bumpers better.  The next question is what will KM bring? Will they finally add Honda sensing? Who knows. 

On 1/16/2019 at 9:25 AM, Weewee1976 said:

I'm used to having window visors for all my previous cars and asked for it just to enhance the look of the vehicle. They are of not much practical use so if you're fine without them, just go without.

The boot tray is useful as you can put stuffs there without worrying the stuffs falling off the boot when you open the hatch-door. I was only trying my luck to ask for it just before collecting car and my SE surprised me with it as she didn't promise anything. Haha...

Taobao got lots of accessories. Spend some time to look through and you'll find them. There's a small part of the handle protectors that cannot be used as the key hole is on the other side of the door since they are mainly for LHD models.

My car's pics are attached for reference.

post-48064-0-85479100-1547601907_thumb.jpg

post-48064-0-01372300-1547601917_thumb.jpg

Quick one - how did you remove the front and rear Honda badge? Did you just use a credit card and slowly go around the edges to loosen up the adhesive? 

Bought some new badges, but black and silver. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:39 AM, GTO-1 said:

Quick one - how did you remove the front and rear Honda badge? Did you just use a credit card and slowly go around the edges to loosen up the adhesive? 

Bought some new badges, but black and silver. 

I used a plastic prying tool to slowly go round the edge to pry it off. Got to use a bit of strength as there are 2 clips holding the H around the middle of the logo. Same for the rear too.

8 hours ago, Weewee1976 said:

I used a plastic prying tool to slowly go round the edge to pry it off. Got to use a bit of strength as there are 2 clips holding the H around the middle of the logo. Same for the rear too.

Thanks, figured that's the case. At least I don't have to be moving the bumper etc. 

Figure that the badge that comes off is likely going to be damaged. 

14 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

Thanks, figured that's the case. At least I don't have to be moving the bumper etc. 

Figure that the badge that comes off is likely going to be damaged. 

Not really if you're careful enough. Mine is still intact. Anytime can stick back. Haha...

Sharing a tyre changing adventure I had 2-3 weeks back. Now using the spare tyre as the actual tyre while the patched tyre is now my spare tyre. Will put back the "newer" tyre as spare during my next tyre change. Good that our car comes with full size tyre and rim.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.28.15 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.30.57 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.39.24 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.43.14 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.43.14 AM(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 10.01.21 AM.jpeg

Edited by Weewee1976
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Weewee1976 said:

Sharing a tyre changing adventure I had 2-3 weeks back. Now using the spare tyre as the actual tyre while the patched tyre is now my spare tyre. Will put back the "newer" tyre as spare during my next tyre change. Good that our car comes with full size tyre and rim.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.28.15 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.30.57 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.39.24 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.43.14 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 9.43.14 AM(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-27 at 10.01.21 AM.jpeg

Wow, that's a whole scissor blade. Was the tyre repairable? Looks like a pretty big hole. 

I actually changed out my stock rims for new 20" rims, but still have stock full size spare.  The OCD in me is tempted to buy matching rims and tyres for my spare. Total waste of money (since its only temporarily there) but I have OCD. 

Of note, if interested, 20" rims + PS4S's actually have a similar ride quality to the stock wheels and tyres. Might be marginally harsher, but the car does a good job of absorbing the bumps even with bigger rims. Handles better and a bit more direct in steering. Biggest negative is because the Michelins are "stickier" than stock (given they are ultra high performance tyres), I hear more road debris gets picked up and thrown against the wheel wheels. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, GTO-1 said:

Wow, that's a whole scissor blade. Was the tyre repairable? Looks like a pretty big hole. 

I actually changed out my stock rims for new 20" rims, but still have stock full size spare.  The OCD in me is tempted to buy matching rims and tyres for my spare. Total waste of money (since its only temporarily there) but I have OCD. 

Of note, if interested, 20" rims + PS4S's actually have a similar ride quality to the stock wheels and tyres. Might be marginally harsher, but the car does a good job of absorbing the bumps even with bigger rims. Handles better and a bit more direct in steering. Biggest negative is because the Michelins are "stickier" than stock (given they are ultra high performance tyres), I hear more road debris gets picked up and thrown against the wheel wheels. 

It was repairable and can be patched from the inside of the tyre. Although it's patched, I didn't use it at all. So now I got 3 old tyres (used for 20k before the puncture happened) + 1 "new" tyre. Still contemplating whether to change out the tyres but PS4 SUV is too expensive for me. Considering Bridgestone Alenza 001 instead.

Any recommendations for tyres (ie brand and model)? Current stock size 235/60R18 from Kah Motor since day 1. Thread wearing thin and  contemplating changing it out.

Thanks

I changed to Bridgstone Alenza 001 in Dec. Quite impressed with the wet and dry performance but noisier than stock tyres.

20191227_090855.jpg

Edited by Weewee1976

On 3/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, Ray7456 said:

Any recommendations for tyres (ie brand and model)? Current stock size 235/60R18 from Kah Motor since day 1. Thread wearing thin and  contemplating changing it out.

Thanks

Or you can go total overkill and get Michelin PS4S's.  I actually wanted PS4 SUV's for new 20" rims, and the tyre shop ended up giving me PS4S's. 

Given these tyres are used on BMW M's, Porsche 911's etc, it's way more tyre than the CRV could ever need. But it looks cool ;). 

As you would expect, really great dry weather performance. Wet weather I don't really test as much because I tend to drive slower in wet weather, but never had a problem.  Noise level and comfort is about same as stock tyres, this is despite changing tyre and going up to 20" rims. 

It's pricey though $400+/each per 20" tyre.  Not for everyone... Especially in todays economy. 

Edited by GTO-1

On 3/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, Ray7456 said:

Do your mind sharing the contact and pricing? Thanks

Oh I got it during Autobacs promotion in Dec 2019. It was $788 for 4 pcs, excluding other end-of-year promotional offers ($5 off from Bridgestone scratch and win, $20 Autobacs gift voucher, free Sonax air-con treatment, free car wash) during that time. There are other benefits from Autobacs if you change tyres with them, which I won't elaborate as I don't want to be seen as advertising for them.

For update, I've recently just changed my steering rack under warranty due to knocking sound when turning the steering wheel. Apparently this seems like a common issue for our Malaysian counterparts also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1