Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

Test drove the CR-V yesterday. It felt a little sluggish and the engine is quite vocal. Am a little disappointed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Test drove the CR-V yesterday. It felt a little sluggish and the engine is quite vocal. Am a little disappointed.

Wow, sluggish already and without all those passive, active safety features....add those it will be even worse off..

Wow, sluggish already and without all those passive, active safety features....add those it will be even worse off..

A 2.0 Turbo engine like the Harrier would be great.

• Praise 2

A 2.0 Turbo engine like the Harrier would be great.

Ya. A near 1.5ton CRV driven by a 1.5T is really not the best of the match.

A 2T engine is really what it should need.

Maybe KM think that since the 1.5T CRV is already so sluggish, don't really need those safety features...:)

• Praise 1

quality wise I have no doubts for Honda products, I'm continually using Honda 10 over years which never given me any unexpected problems, just regularly changed wear and tear parts enough, compare to my neighbor's BXX they already changed 3 cars and countless times towed into workshop...

However this time I will never buy Honda again from KM, as they treated Singaporean as fools, compromised so many safety feature and with a ridiculous high price, such as only 2 airbags, FWD only, no Honda sensing...etc, our northern neighbor can buy full equipped same as US version CRV at only 1/3 price of Singaporean, my Malaysia friends will laugh at me if I buy Singapore version CRV

same engine but CVR was tuned to high power at 193bhp, Civic only 170bhp

which means the door is opened, civic owner can tune their engine to 193bhp as well after market

Me too, I'm a Honda supporter but I too feel Kah has gotten too big for their shoes cos they really shortchanging buyers with high prices n less features. I hope another Vezel/HRV saga happens soon for them to pull up their socks!! Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

Me too, I'm a Honda supporter but I too feel Kah has gotten too big for their shoes cos they really shortchanging buyers with high prices n less features. I hope another Vezel/HRV saga happens soon for them to pull up their socks!!

Agree, I also have positive experience with Honda cars...the new CRV is top seller in US for a reason....

Im nvr a fan of KM...this time rd they really too much... I hope all will boycott them

• Praise 1

Ya. A near 1.5ton CRV driven by a 1.5T is really not the best of the match.

A 2T engine is really what it should need.

Maybe KM think that since the 1.5T CRV is already so sluggish, don't really need those safety features...:)

Dun know what KM thinking, if 7 seater and fully occupied plus a throw in a few bags, it will be really bad!

Definitely need 2T!

Agree, I also have positive experience with Honda cars...the new CRV is top seller in US for a reason....

Im nvr a fan of KM...this time rd they really too much... I hope all will boycott them

Provided if PIs are able to bring in the same cars to compete and be as honest and honorable.

Specs wise the 1.5T should offer similar performance as the 2.4NA. Surprising to hear it to be sluggish. What's the current car of the bro who treated?

• Praise 1

Dun know what KM thinking, if 7 seater and fully occupied plus a throw in a few bags, it will be really bad!

Definitely need 2T!

take the 2l turbo from the 2018 accord with 250horses. that should be fit a CRV !
  • Praise 2

Aiyo Kah Motor please bring in the 1.5T 5 seater with Honda sensing la... only 2 airbags in your current 5 seater! Consumers nowadays just go to YouTube to watch reviews of cars and CRV with all the active safety plus interior space seems like a great value for money but please bring in better spec.

Edited by Dice
  • Praise 2

Let's see if Honda decides to push ahead and bulldoze it's way, or make some changes to the price..

The first few will have been sent on a ship or even arrived, so it's hard to add airbags and other features.

Like the HRV, it may be forced to make adjustments if no one buys their CRV..

• Praise 1

Let's see if Honda decides to push ahead and bulldoze it's way, or make some changes to the price..

The first few will have been sent on a ship or even arrived, so it's hard to add airbags and other features.

Like the HRV, it may be forced to make adjustments if no one buys their CRV..

Is Singapore market getting MIT or MIJ ?
  • Praise 1

Thai... so all the profits go to Kah..

Honda has to changed Singapore agent in stead of Kah, otherwise Kah will kill Honda reputation in Singapore Edited by MQX87511

Honda has to changed Singapore distributor in stead of Kah, otherwise Kah will kill Honda reputation in Singapore

I think all dealers need to make money.

But the higher management need to see that they must have competitive products.

If they price the car right, there will be buyers.

Just like the Civic 1.5T - if they sold it at 110k for example, it will fly off the shelves. Many have remarked on it's good handling, but the price is not right.. just like this CRV..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1