Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

I think all dealers need to make money.

But the higher management need to see that they must have competitive products.

If they price the car right, there will be buyers.

Just like the Civic 1.5T - if they sold it at 110k for example, it will fly off the shelves. Many have remarked on it's good handling, but the price is not right.. just like this CRV..

Very well said.

They have got the hardest part right - the CRV and the Civic are clearly amongst the best in the class.

Re pricing, think part of it is dealer margin, and part of it has to do with the high OMV. If they are not playing the OMV game right, and bringing in the cars at OMVs commensurate with their competitor set, it's difficult to be competitive as well.

Hence they end up pricing $15-25k off the market, and end up selling primarily to Honda loyalists. And their SEs, faced with customers asking difficult questions on relative value, end up saying stuff like, "Honda customers don't ask so many questions, they just buy..."

It's a bit of a vicious cycle :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Let's see if Honda decides to push ahead and bulldoze it's way, or make some changes to the price..

The first few will have been sent on a ship or even arrived, so it's hard to add airbags and other features.

Like the HRV, it may be forced to make adjustments if no one buys their CRV..

Actually the previous gen CRV also not selling well. I doubt they will make any changes....

You see, you like, you buy, else go next door....

That's why a lot went next door...don't see any value...

• Praise 1

Actually the previous gen CRV also not selling well. I doubt they will make any changes....

Yup ... value is next door
  • Praise 1

Honda has to changed Singapore agent in stead of Kah, otherwise Kah will kill Honda reputation in Singapore

If I am not mistaken(correct me if I am wrong) KM is not the Honda distributor in MY anymore....

And looking the way they are dealing with SG market, they might be heading that direction as well...

With an informed market, they still think they can make the cut....

if Toyota comes out with a 7 seater Harrier and priced it competitively and with 2T, full of bells and whistles...CRV will be dead and buried!

Aiyo Kah Motor please bring in the 1.5T 5 seater with Honda sensing la... only 2 airbags in your current 5 seater! Consumers nowadays just go to YouTube to watch reviews of cars and CRV with all the active safety plus interior space seems like a great value for money but please bring in better spec.

2 airbags!

I bought my 2010 current gen wish also got 7 airbags!!

Now is 2017 leh! But comes with rear drum brakes...

Somehow just cannot accept cars with 2 airbags now!!

quality wise I have no doubts for Honda products, I'm continually using Honda 10 over years which never given me any unexpected problems, just regularly changed wear and tear parts enough, compare to my neighbor's BXX they already changed 3 cars and countless times towed into workshop...

However this time I will never buy Honda again from KM, as they treated Singaporean as fools, compromised so many safety feature and with a ridiculous high price, such as only 2 airbags, FWD only, no Honda sensing...etc, our northern neighbor can buy full equipped same as US version CRV at only 1/3 price of Singaporean, my Malaysia friends will laugh at me if I buy Singapore version CRV

same engine but CVR was tuned to high power at 193bhp, Civic only 170bhp

which means the door is opened, civic owner can tune their engine to 193bhp as well after market

I LOVE HONDA CARS!!! :a-m1212: own few before but unfortunately not the distributor KM. big headed aldy laa... [thumbsdown] agree on the safety features. 2017 aldy leh. min at least 6 airbags when I go shopping for new car :a-happy:

I LOVE HONDA CARS!!! :a-m1212: own few before but unfortunately not the distributor KM. big headed aldy laa... [thumbsdown] agree on the safety features. 2017 aldy leh. min at least 6 airbags when I go shopping for new car :a-happy:

No doubt Honda produce quality cars.  My FD1 lasted me a good old 10 years clocking 250k mileage with no big issue.

Just the distributor KM really spoils it all. Look at how they priced the new Honda Jazz RS. 101k!!? That is absolutely insane for a B-seg compact car.

Edited by kelaihoyin

I feel that jus like the previous CRV, KM jus not interesTer to market CRV in SG thats why came up with such lousy specs.

I think all dealers need to make money.

But the higher management need to see that they must have competitive products.

If they price the car right, there will be buyers.

Just like the Civic 1.5T - if they sold it at 110k for example, it will fly off the shelves. Many have remarked on it's good handling, but the price is not right.. just like this CRV..

I reckon they are pricing it just a bit lower than toyota harrier turbo. But they may price the 7 seater either same or higher. Just a guess.

No doubt Honda produce quality cars. My FD1 lasted me a good old 10 years clocking 250k mileage with no big issue.

Just the distributor KM really spoils it all. Look at how they priced the new Honda Jazz RS. 101k!!? That is absolutely insane for a B-seg compact car.

Maybe that is because honda jazz RS not used commonly as a grab or uber yet...lol...but i agreed...price is insane.

kah motors not worried about poor sales

you all so concerned for what?

not willing to let them earn high margins just buy other cars lor

i did ...

kah motors not worried about poor sales

you all so concerned for what?

not willing to let them earn high margins just buy other cars lor

i did ...

ð¬ð

Same here. Lol. But i just saw the prices on sgcarmart. Insane. 149k for the 5 seater. I will go for harrier turbo.

No doubt Honda produce quality cars. My FD1 lasted me a good old 10 years clocking 250k mileage with no big issue.

I agree with your view on Kah's insane pricing in general but to be fair to the Jazz RS, the price is quoted based on delivery in Jan 2018 n hence the CEVS $5k is removed n it becomes neutral under the new VES scheme so hypothetically if delivery were to be in 2017, the car would hv been $5k cheaper.

• Praise 6

Let's see if Honda decides to push ahead and bulldoze it's way, or make some changes to the price..

The first few will have been sent on a ship or even arrived, so it's hard to add airbags and other features.

Like the HRV, it may be forced to make adjustments if no one buys their CRV..

Totally agree .... after seeing and test drove the CRV .... KM price & spec really a big let down .... 

After evaluation, in fact no need to evaluate much ..... I booked a Kia Sorento which makes more senses to me.

Better equip, Better price, Better FC and Top JD Power for 2 consecutive years. 

Is Singapore market getting MIT or MIJ ?

Not sure for whatever reason , Japan do not have CRV on sale domestically.

• Praise 1

Totally agree .... after seeing and test drove the CRV .... KM price & spec really a big let down ....

After evaluation, in fact no need to evaluate much ..... I booked a Kia Sorento which makes more senses to me.

Better equip, Better price, Better FC and Top JD Power for 2 consecutive years.

Not sure for whatever reason , Japan do not have CRV on sale domestically.

Good choice on the Sorento.

A proper 7-seater w no compromise on power & FC

• Praise 1

Some pics I took at Alexandra of the CRV. It looks ok just the price ð¬ð¬

I didn't test drive cos I was there to see the City n Jazz with my nephew.

Nice! The X-trail 7 seater has a useless 3rd row.

Is the 3rd row usable for adults in the CRV?

↡ Advertisement