Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

Some pics I took at Alexandra of the CRV. It looks ok just the price ð¬ð¬

I didn't test drive cos I was there to see the City n Jazz with my nephew.

Quite nice ! With this size wheels, wonder how is the road noise insulation... ?

Thai... so all the profits go to Kah..

Thai market no have 1.5T turbo leh ... Unless Thai factory made 1.5T for export market...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

@Spring.

My friend just bought the diesel BMW 2 series active tourer for 135k+ 2 weeks ago. At that price, i think all the jap 5 seaters SUVs can jiak sai  [laugh]

@Spring.

My friend just bought the diesel BMW 2 series active tourer for 135k+ 2 weeks ago. At that price, i think all the jap 5 seaters SUVs can jiak sai [laugh]

Badge can easily makan into jap car territory but not the other way round. Only way is fight is on price & value. And even then, kimchi got that corner covered. Jialat

Badge can easily makan into jap car territory but not the other way round. Only way is fight is on price & value. And even then, kimchi got that corner covered. Jialat

yeah well. Don't worry about the japs. They sell tons of cars in USA and china.

In fact the koreans are rapidly slowing down in the 2 world's biggest markets.

Just that in SG, everything is distorted due to COE and the small market we have here. 

KM probably needs a disaster to wake up it's idea instead of letting the PIs sell the Grace, stepwagon, vezels etc etc ...

my friend didn't even want to consider the Tucson. haha he can't get over the badge issue.

@Spring.

My friend just bought the diesel BMW 2 series active tourer for 135k+ 2 weeks ago. At that price, i think all the jap 5 seaters SUVs can jiak sai [laugh]

That's why I posted awhile back that the 2GT is cheaper than the 7 seater CRV n the 2AT is cheaper than the 5 seater CRV makes it really absurd for Kah to price the CRV this way. What's more the BMWs have 6 airbags n the diesel 2GT come in luxury specs with the full range of options as standard though the petrol versions have some options removed but still more than the CRV hands down!

• Praise 4

No doubt Honda produce quality cars.  My FD1 lasted me a good old 10 years clocking 250k mileage with no big issue.

Just the distributor KM really spoils it all. Look at how they priced the new Honda Jazz RS. 101k!!? That is absolutely insane for a B-seg compact car.

Precisely! distributor not manufacturer issue....dats the main reason y I jump ship to Kimchi land.... [thumbsup] loving every sec of it

Edited by Blublak
  • Praise 1

Nice! The X-trail 7 seater has a useless 3rd row.

Is the 3rd row usable for adults in the CRV?

SUV MPVs n also mid size MPVs 3rd row r normally for children or smaller sized adults so whilst it is usable, u can't sit for long distance n also thigh support is not there but this CRV at least doesn't have a cup holder in the middle of the 3rd row so at least width n shoulder room is ok just that it's like sitting on the floor kind n also getting in/out can be challenging as SUV is higher. I feel it is better than x trail for 3rd row.

• Praise 4

AD and PI here should learnt from Taiwan. They have many different trims but none of them will compromise on the safety aspect (number of air bags etc) of it inany of their trims.

Good choice on the Sorento.

A proper 7-seater w no compromise on power & FC

Yep, the Sorento is the ultimate arbitrage play.

Basically, its mainly a badge arbitrage in badge conscious Singapore ("you bought a Kia? haha") and perhaps partly a pre-VES clearance effect...

Edited by Fungyee77

Had a fast look at the basic safety equipment.

What is Kah Motor thinking? 5 seater still only come with 2 airbag.

This car safety spec can't even sell in most Europe country.

We are a develop country, but the car safety spec like for 3rd world country.

• Praise 1

bro, that's because a cheapo car in spore is already selling at $100K+ a pop

give you another 2 airbag gonna break $150K mark liao ...

simi sai car come into spore is also jack up no 300% no talk hor ...

Had a fast look at the basic safety equipment.
What is Kah Motor thinking? 5 seater still only come with 2 airbag.
This car safety spec can't even sell in most Europe country.
We are a develop country, but the car safety spec like for 3rd world country.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Yep, the Sorento is the ultimate arbitrage play.

Basically, its mainly a badge arbitrage in badge conscious Singapore ("you bought a Kia? haha") and perhaps partly a pre-VES clearance effect...

The Sorento is a world class product. Make no mistake about that.
  • Praise 1

The CRV will now belong to an elite group of cars that has only two airbags.. even the Attrage has more..

Let's see how well their sakes are.

Any takers for the CRV? Maybe they will quietly reduce the price to clear their stock.. VES looms..

Love the interior. Think its above the Tiguan, and maybe just a touch below the CX-5.

The wood colour/ design of the plastic trims inside the car dash, console, doors all remind me of cars in the 90-00s'. Had a Camry then with such design. Young blokes will say it's an Uncle look/feel car on the inside.

Looks are subjective... but the back view looks like the bigger & higher version of the PIs' Shuttle. The front view looks like a bigger version of the HRV and similar look to the outgoing CRV.

• Praise 1

The Sorento is a world class product. Make no mistake about that.

I own one so I agree.

But how else do you explain the dynamic where (on a spec for spec comparison) the Sorento costs 40% more than the CRV in Australia, and 30% more in the US... But is $10-15k cheaper in Singapore?

Unbelievable arbitrage, and I scratch my head to figure it out. Only possible explanation on my mind is that badge value has an outsized influence in Singapore vs Australia/US.

Off topic though. My main thought on CRV is that it's the best in the compact SUV class, but priced maybe $15-20k too high.

Edited by Fungyee77
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1