Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

I always search for those Taiwan review videos , quite comprehensive

Haha I liked his comment. "every horn also have"
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

If you look at the difference between the 5-seater and 7-seater, I think the main sales volumes that KM intends to get will come from the 7-seater version.

Was actually comparing Harrier Turbo with the 7-seater.

Booked the CRV at the end.

Freebies, lower interest rate and $$ above scrap value from KM more than make up for the price difference.

Main difference was the exclusion of Honda Sensing.

My own butt feel was that the CRV revs and moves off more willingly as compared to the Harrier Turbo. [:)]

Plus the attitude I encountered at Borneo really puts me off.

Hi, can PM me? Thanks a lot! Edited by Gohnai10

Taiwan good review but we have sub-standard spec here.

Look at this video:

- he is not too impressed with the finish and the gap (go to 12:00 onwards..)

Very impressive explanation of the VTEC and turbo..

Have to pay for his stupid ah huat ad on Kiss92 ma.

I really cringed whenever I heard this ad and will switch station.

SMLJ karaoke...CB...

Dont you feel ah huat voice is like a transgender voice sometimes? Maybe they should rename ah huat as ah kua

But hor, FXT also rather expensive now.

I will consider crv 7 seater as well if the built is good...and rear 3rd row seats humane...

Dont you feel ah huat voice is like a transgender voice sometimes? Maybe they should rename ah huat as ah kua

I will consider crv 7 seater as well if the built is good...and rear 3rd row seats humane...

SUV MPVS n mid MPVs 3rd row is more for short rides n smaller built, shorter people. Have to manage your expectations as it's normally more of a 5+2. If u need full time 7 seats n go for longer rides like to Malaysia etc, u will need a full size MPV, my 2 cents.

• Praise 5

U see the HK video review of the car. The 3rd row seats is definitely not humane. Purely for kids.
  • Praise 1

SUV MPVS n mid MPVs 3rd row is more for short rides n smaller built, shorter people. Have to manage your expectations as it's normally more of a 5+2. If u need full time 7 seats n go for longer rides like to Malaysia etc, u will need a full size MPV, my 2 cents.

I own a 5+2 too. Usually this means kids in the 3rd row if I have give rides to extended family/friends. And do you feel safe putting your kids in the "rear crumple zone"?

So I am changing to a 5 seater, and not give rides.

• Praise 4

U see the HK video review of the car. The 3rd row seats is definitely not humane. Purely for kids.

Not only cramped and inhumane for adults.

The is almost no crumple zone buffer, to absorb the impact of a rear collision!

Not only cramped and inhumane for adults.

The is almost no crumple zone buffer, to absorb the impact of a rear collision! ðð¼

The last I measured (in typical 7-seater MPVs) last decade ... Toyota Picnic ... there was barely 6 inches (15cm) nia, between the rear panel and the back of the 3rd row seat.

Tsk tsk ... CMI lah.

Personal experience: Bendy bus fully loaded with passengers (imagine mass and impact momentum m x v) rear ended my conti sedan. Boot rear (at least 40cm) caved in / crumpled ... no more boot.

Accident witness as a 3rd person: Toureg SUV smashed a Jepun sedan (which had jam braked) from behind, when going down a flyover at high speed. Soft Jepun sedan's shell caved in from boot, to C-pillar, to B-pillar. No more rear seat!

Lucky no rear passengers.

That's why I'm inclined to buy a car that a reinforced "casing car body" those that when illustrated on the brochure, has multiple Color on the chassis.
  • Praise 1

Have to pay for his stupid ah huat ad on Kiss92 ma.

I really cringed whenever I heard this ad and will switch station.

SMLJ karaoke...CB...

I felt the same...the ah Huat ads very distasteful...create an image machiam lIke Subaru owners are ah Bengs...which certainly isn't the case.

Really surprised that Subaru global brand mgmt never QC.

• Praise 2

I felt the same...the ah Huat ads very distasteful...create an image machiam lIke Subaru owners are ah Bengs...which certainly isn't the case.

Really surprised that Subaru global brand mgmt never QC.

You mean they are not?
  • Praise 1

i dont understand the "argument" of 3rd row safety is compromise where it almost no crumble zone

even the biggest full size Alphard, the 3rd row is practically separated by a door only if kena rear ended.

anyone sitting on 3rd row in any 7-seater, their body practically lean on the door, no?

post-7984-0-52623900-1503810562_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

i dont understand the "argument" of 3rd row safety is compromise where it almost no crumble zone

even the biggest full size Alphard, the 3rd row is practically separated by a door only if kena rear ended.

anyone sitting on 3rd row in any 7-seater, their body practically lean on the door, no?

Then this is just as dangerous for 3rd row pax. Though if it fits adults, it wouldn't be kids have to go 3rd row by default like a 5+2.
  • Praise 1

I agree. MPVs and even vans and mini school buses all have seats right up to the rear door n whilst admittedly not ideal, I don't see what the argument is all about.

• Praise 5

Accident witness as a 3rd person: Toureg SUV smashed a Jepun sedan (which had jam braked) from behind, when going down a flyover at high speed. Soft Jepun sedan's shell caved in from boot, to C-pillar, to B-pillar. No more rear seat!

Lucky no rear passengers.

Accident witness as an outsider too.

Audi A1 crashed into Hyundai Sonata cab. Hyundai Sonata cab's rear bumper and boot lid completely caved into the boot. Audi A1 front almost intact with a few small cracks. Impressive even for such a small car. 

For $160k for the 7-seater, go n buy the Sorento better lah. Proper 7-seat w rear a/c. Proper powerful engine n not some weedy 1.5 earth dreams nonsense. Proper full spec world-class car made in Korea not asean-spec made in tomyum kung.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3