Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

The  Harrier starts from 130k and thats a much better proposition.

Don't think you can get the Harrier at $130k. At least not from Borneo Motors. 

But then even at the current starting price of $146k for the Harrier, I find that it is a better car considering the amount of leather you get inside and the super quiet 2.0 twin-scroll turbo engine.

I feel it will still be dfficult to sell the current CR-V at $138k.

Toyota-Harrier-facelift-18.jpeg

Edited by Antzng
  • Praise 1

If one day BM bring in the Jap made Sienta, those who own Indo Made Sienta will feel their balls being kicked.

Are there Japan made CR-V?

Who knows if they will go the same route with the HR-V or not.

Those that bought the Thai made HR-V really bang balls.

• Praise 1

Don't think you can get the Harrier at $130k. At least not from Borneo Motors.

But then even at the current starting price of $146k for the Harrier, I find that it is a better car considering the amount of leather you get inside and the super quiet 2.0 twin-scroll turbo engine.

I feel it will still be dfficult to sell the current CR-V at $138k.

Toyota-Harrier-facelift-18.jpeg

Yeah even if it's 145k it's worth the extra outlay.

You are out of touch with BM pricelist already

Really at $130k? That's like PI's price.

Edited by Antzng
  • Praise 2

+-10k...anytime that Harrier...

The Harrier's interior is outright ugly especially the gear stick design which looks like from the unused scrap bins from the early 2000 Camry or recycled design of more than decade old.  I will not spend my hard earned money on this kind of car even though it has a much more powerful engine.  The CX-5 offers a better alternative between these 2. 

Well, this is just my personal opinion.  No offense to anyone.

• Praise 2

The Harrier's interior is outright ugly especially the gear stick design which looks like from the unused scrap bins from the early 2000 Camry or recycled design of more than decade old.  I will not spend my hard earned money on this kind of car even though it has a much more powerful engine.  The CX-5 offers a better alternative between these 2. 

Well, this is just my personal opinion.  No offense to anyone.

That's the beauty of choice..

I don't disagree that the gearshift of the Harrier is a bit dated and there are no paddle shifts, but the typical Toyota buyer wants space, good materials, simply layout and most importantly reliability. On those points, I see the Harrier checking off each point.

The CX 5 isn't bad, but it's smaller, less powerful and equally expensive. 

Many people forget that it's a Mazda 3 on stilts rather than a 6, and like the Harrier, it's not a true SUV.

I saw the CX-5 at the Singapore Motor Show and my cousin has the current Harrier.

Don't think the Harrier's space is a lot roomier than the CX-5.  In fact, I think the quality of the interior is a notch higher than the Harrier.  The Harrier does win convincingly with the powerful engine which is also used in the pre-facelift Lexus NX200T. 

Regarding reliability, I think all 3 brands are equally good.

If I am to chose between these 3 (maybe in the near future), I will get the 7 seater CRV.  It is an all-rounder with relatively well-spec, modern design, efficient engine and reliable at the same time. 

• Praise 2

I saw the CX-5 at the Singapore Motor Show and my cousin has the current Harrier.

Don't think the Harrier's space is a lot roomier than the CX-5.  In fact, I think the quality of the interior is a notch higher than the Harrier.  The Harrier does win convincingly with the powerful engine which is also used in the pre-facelift Lexus NX200T. 

If I am to chose between these 3 (maybe in the near future), I will get the 7 seater CRV.  It is an all-rounder with relatively well-spec, modern design, efficient engine and reliable at the same time. 

Lol, CX-5 space is way smaller than Harrier. I'm 175 and my knees touches the front seat while sitting at the back. Headroom is good but legroom is a real let down considering it's price point. Harrier is way roomier and comfortable compared to CX-5. Mazda's attention to quality and details tho, gotta give it to them. 

• Praise 2

Come ... join me... so that I dun feel so lonely on the roads ... LOLZ ...  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2