2016 Skoda Kodiaq

Aukang

Upz.....

We have a small WhatsApp grp for the bears, if anyone is interested in joining, pls PM me. I try to get the admin to add.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I posted in the Skoda thread, Australia says it does not think it will be bringing in the RS, because the engine is not suitable for a 'hot climate'

I posted in the Skoda thread, Australia says it does not think it will be bringing in the RS, because the engine is not suitable for a 'hot climate'

What a waste... was seriously considering this VRs after my XC90 goes to scrap in 2 years. Not easy to find good HP, big boot space and below 3.2 capacity, added bonus: it's diesel!

Very impressive consumption numbers. I can only hit this number on north South highway - right after refueling and straight onto the highway. That means 100% highway numbers.

Usually, it's about 11km/litre.

Yup, urban travel plus some highway with moderate traffic will get around 9-10 km/l.

Best I ever done with 30% urban & 70% highway at night with easy traffic at 80 km/h on highway is 15 km/l.

Anyone encounter this situation where your "front sensor" get cut off for no reason while driving & you see a quick message "... No sensor view" appeared on your display for a second & yellow warning sign continue to stay on your display?

Anyone encounter this situation where your "front sensor" get cut off for no reason while driving & you see a quick message "... No sensor view" appeared on your display for a second & yellow warning sign continue to stay on your display?

Hi Bro,

Are you referring to this error?

post-160493-0-20913100-1539186383.jpg

I did have it once during a very heavy rain. It goes away later on. 

Hi Bro,

Are you referring to this error?

attachicon.gifFront Sensor.jpg

I did have it once during a very heavy rain. It goes away later on. 

Thanks Bro, mine is very similar like this.

It also happened during heavy rain & goes off in about 15 min while I am still driving. So meaning I am "blind" in front for that short period. This is the 2nd time & it sort of irritates me as these sensors are supposed to be one of their selling points.

Will continue to monitor & see if other owners also experience this as I hope mine is not a lemon. : (

post-226663-0-27719100-1539248244_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bro, mine is very similar like this.

It also happened during heavy rain & goes off in about 15 min while I am still driving. So meaning I am "blind" in front for that short period. This is the 2nd time & it sort of irritates me as these sensors are supposed to be one of their selling points.

Will continue to monitor & see if other owners also experience this as I hope mine is not a lemon. : (

There is a limitation in the sensor on bad weather day, bro. Either mud or leaves can cover it. If you find it distracting you can disable the front sensor. I think it is good for the system to tell you when it is not able to work properly.

Having said that, if the error comes out on a nice day frequently then may need to check.

• Praise 1

There is a limitation in the sensor on bad weather day, bro. Either mud or leaves can cover it. If you find it distracting you can disable the front sensor. I think it is good for the system to tell you when it is not able to work properly.

Having said that, if the error comes out on a nice day frequently then may need to check.

Will do Bro. Just hope it's a limitation issue & not my particular car issue. Cheers!
  • Praise 1

Will do Bro. Just hope it's a limitation issue & not my particular car issue. Cheers!

Hi guys, I also have this issue on my Kodiaq & the funny thing is that it only appears on my way home from work between Queensway underpass to Macritchie Reservoir. This is along Lornie Road and it has appeared sporadically so far. Brought my car in to the service center and diagnositic show everything hardware is fine. Got to do with the system limitations & the environment the Kodiaq is in... I've come to the conclusion that the Kodiaq does not like Lornie Road heading to Thomson Road! =P

Hi guys, I also have this issue on my Kodiaq & the funny thing is that it only appears on my way home from work between Queensway underpass to Macritchie Reservoir. This is along Lornie Road and it has appeared sporadically so far. Brought my car in to the service center and diagnositic show everything hardware is fine. Got to do with the system limitations & the environment the Kodiaq is in... I've come to the conclusion that the Kodiaq does not like Lornie Road heading to Thomson Road! =P

Maybe Lornie Rd heading to Thomson Rd got...
  • Praise 1

Thanks for sharing bro. I had mine checked also & they claimed all sensors are OK. Good that we can all share our experience here as there are not many Kodiaq owners out there & we are the pioneers. :)
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

We have a small WhatsApp grp for the bears, if anyone is interested in joining, pls PM me. I try to get the admin to add.

Hi there, I've just PM you. Thanks!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Any of the kodaiq 1.4 DSG version tried the 0-100km/h test? Although the spec states 9.7 secs, there is a youtube kodaiq review that tested and got it at 8.6 secs! 1 sec off the spec. 

Not sure if it's real.. 

↡ Advertisement