2016 Skoda Kodiaq

Aukang

Happened to my wife about a month ago when she tried close the driver side door of 2 weeks old bear after parking. Managed to claimed warranty from VWSG after several email exchanges as initially claim was rejected on the ground of excessive/abusive force on closing door. Asked VWSG how to apply excessive force when the space available per HDB car lot can't even fully opened the door.

But less than 1 month, this morning is happened to me when I was closing the driver door. Was totally shocked to see the protector "flying" off when try to close the door. Wondering whether is a design issue or issue is limited to my bear.

Was told that the door protector cost about few hundred dollars to replace as it not only the rubber door protector but including the mechanical mechanism & downtime. :o

from the manual there are technically two components:

1   protector strip, which is fixed on the

2   tie rod which run inside the door panel

did the strip drop off or both the tie rod and strip drop off?

if just strip drop off, could be loose installation on the tie rod.

from ur description, seems like the tie rod din not retract the strip fully when door closing.

can simulate multiple door closing slowly to see if it retracts fully

Edited by Kodiaqer
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yes you're right about the strip not retracting completely upon the door closing. That was what the Service adviser also stated too. But with the 1st claim, was told the the door was "QC" after changing the strip & tie rod (which was told also damaged) prior to handing the bear back to me.

But less than a month, it happened again this morning. Did asked the Service adviser is there a "Proper" way to close or prevent the issue from happening again beside just close the door by swing & shut.

Now whenever someone sit in my bear, will have fear of the strip being snip off when they shut the door. [blush]

• Praise 2

Yes you're right about the strip not retracting completely upon the door closing. That was what the Service adviser also stated too. But with the 1st claim, was told the the door was "QC" after changing the strip & tie rod (which was told also damaged) prior to handing the bear back to me.

But less than a month, it happened again this morning. Did asked the Service adviser is there a "Proper" way to close or prevent the issue from happening again beside just close the door by swing & shut.

Now whenever someone sit in my bear, will have fear of the strip being snip off when they shut the door. [blush]

hv to bring it back to them for rectification, until the root cause solved.  alternative, remove the affected door strip for usage...

Was seriously thinking about removal or rather leave the driver door as it is without strip if the "pain" of claiming get too much.

You not alone..

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/446211-snapped-door-protector/

"I've noticed the same. An adult or older child will close the door by grabbing the vertical black gloss trim adjacent to the glazed area, or the exterior door handle.

The door protector is about level with the head of my 5 year old, so he holds the door right where the door protector is located.

If his fingers slip then they knock into the protector which has on occasion caused it to retract and twang back out as his fingers slip past. He hasn't yet trapped his fingers in it though.

I once shut the drivers door whilst bending over to pick something up I'd dropped on the floor, so my hand was lower than it usually would be, and I was able to nip a finger between the retracting door protector and the edge of the door. This was my mistake though, but does prove it is possible to accidentally trap your fingers in them."

• Praise 2

went to showroom before Motorshow to find out the details and do test drive.

MFY 2019 batch differences:

- no Active Cylinder Technology

- no start stop

- alcantara leather seats

was told, Skoda absorb VES.

but i think with these options, OMV should be lower, hence PARF value.

still, i think it's a great car. tested extensively vs the Peugeot 5008 & Kia Sorento and Kodiaq is the overall winner for me.

Yes their current batch  don't have VES, but all sold out... their new shipment will kena VES.... will need the resident Skoda SE to explain.... was eyeing it... but with the VES.... sigh..... 

• Praise 1

Kodiaq is an awesome car. I bought it back in May 2018.

Before buying I compared all different range of 7 seater cars, so I was choosing between RX, Q7 and Kodiaq. Of course after I realised the price is much lower than the other 2 rivals, I decided to go ahead with the Kodiaq for this reasons:

1. A solid quality built car

2. Turbo charged

3. 2WD option as I do not see any reasons to have a 4WD car in Singapore!

4. Interior is top notch

5. Very quiet inside the car

6. A European car yet cheaper than its rivals

7. Very spacious interior

8. Comes with all the new features you expect from higher end cars

9. Door protectors and umbrella holders

10. Full size sunroof

Edited by AliSenejani
  • Praise 4

- no start stop

still, i think it's a great car. tested extensively vs the Peugeot 5008 & Kia Sorento and Kodiaq is the overall winner for me.

The 1.5L version? In this case, should be cheaper, right?

Kodiaq is an awesome car. I bought it back in May 2018.

Before buying I compared all different range of 7 seater cars, so I was choosing between RX, Q7 and Kodiaq. Of course after I realised the price is much lower than the other 2 rivals, I decided to go ahead with the Kodiaq for this reasons:

1. A solid quality built car

2. Turbo charged

3. 2WD option as I do not see any reasons to have a 4WD car in Singapore!

4. Interior is top notch

5. Very quiet inside the car

6. A European car yet cheaper than its rivals

7. Very spacious interior

8. Comes with all the new features you expect from higher end cars

9. Door protectors and umbrella holders

10. Full size sunroof

Which model - 2.0TSI??

Met someone at showroom who recently bought the 1.4TSI for $130K+

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 2

- no start stop

Actually I asked Skoda Singapore that No confirmation on the absorb part.

Yup, urban travel plus some highway with moderate traffic will get around 9-10 km/l.

Best I ever done with 30% urban & 70% highway at night with easy traffic at 80 km/h on highway is 15 km/l.

these figures are for the 1.4 or 2l model?

Yap, FC depend on daily route.... for me, mostly short city driving.... even my previous Vezel, which is suppose to have good FC.... my full tank cannot hit 400km..... now my 2L ride full tank also cannot hit 400km.... only time is when i highway for a few days then the FC will go beyong 400km!!

Now see open, just drive.......

So don't read too much about the FC.... if I tell people Vezel FC cannot hit 400km full tank, think nobody will buy.......  [laugh]    [smash]

Curious, what made u change from a Vezel to the 2l Kodiaq? hows your avg consumption like for your bear?

Anybody considering the 2l model? Selling at 149.9k. Contemplating hard if i should go ahead.

Go for it.  SUV of the Year, Torque Singapore and SGCarMart.  You cannot go wrong.

150K is still cheaper than Tiguan-R $192K, which has the same engine and gear box.

My 1.4L, best is 18.5KM/L, worst 10km/l.  Long term average 13.5KM/L.

My 1.4L, best is 18.5KM/L, worst 10km/l.  Long term average 13.5KM/L.

• Praise 3

Go for it. SUV of the Year, Torque Singapore and SGCarMart. You cannot go wrong.

150K is still cheaper than Tiguan-R $192K, which has the same engine and gear box.

My 1.4L, best is 18.5KM/L, worst 10km/l. Long term average 13.5KM/L.

My 1.4L, best is 18.5KM/L, worst 10km/l. Long term average 13.5KM/L.

Tiguan R is 217hp/350Nm vs Kodiaq 2.0 177hp/320Nm.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1