2016 Skoda Kodiaq

Aukang

Hi Bro,

Compared to my Outlander, it is smoother but I do feel sometime at slower traffic car is slightly indecisive when I let go the throttle and use the brake to control the speed. Need to drive more to understand the behavior of the DSG.

When you say rougher at low speed, did you notice what was the RPM and which gear was engaged?

Edited by FuzzBolst
↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro,

Compared to my Outlander, it is smoother but I do feel sometime at slower traffic car is slightly indecisive when I let go the throttle and use the brake to control the speed. Need to drive more to understand the behavior of the DSG.

When you say rougher at low speed, did you notice what was the RPM and which gear was engaged?

the engine note sounded a little rough to me when i move off in carpark, at low speed and low rpm (didn't really see, but should be gear 1 or 2). But once on the road, it sounds reasonable - maybe covered by the road noise. 

I have another suv - Lexus NX200T on a 6 speed auto gearbox. Thot more gears on the Kodiaq will mean a smoother transition - maybe not an apple to apple comparison. But the lexus engine note and gear transmission are more "refined" 

Thanks bro! At least you saw a bird flew across. My warning sign popped up with a beep while I come to a stop at a junction. With that slow speed & nothing in front other than a stopped car, this is weird. Will be monitoring.

7th month....

Hey Bro MxGxCar,

Is it possible that is a plastic bag or something in front? Having said that, on low speed should be unlikely.

I was squeezing between a car and a right turning lane just now. It was a tight squeeze and the proximity sensor beep. Slightly shocking when trying to squeeze through.

May I know which Blackvue dashcam model did you get from Skoda? I ask for 2 ch and was given DR590-2ch. No wifi and cloud connectivity ð

Hi bro FuzzBolst...

There could be a big leaf or plastic bag flew across but at that speed, it should not trigger.

The proximity sensors of mine for both sides & rear are OK. Also beep when traveling slow speed when very near object but front never test.

They gave me DR590-1CH even though I asked 2 channels. Now you said so, I lagi pissed.

• Praise 1

Hi bro FuzzBolst...

There could be a big leaf or plastic bag flew across but at that speed, it should not trigger.

The proximity sensors of mine for both sides & rear are OK. Also beep when traveling slow speed when very near object but front never test.

They gave me DR590-1CH even though I asked 2 channels. Now you said so, I lagi pissed.

Get the ThinkWare F770 2CH is good enough.

Can go to my contact, Ivan from Innovasia at 9111 7447, say know me .

• Praise 1

Get the ThinkWare F770 2CH is good enough.

Can go to my contact, Ivan from Innovasia at 9111 7447, say know me .

Thanks!

Yours is 1.4 or 2.0 ?

7th month....

Ya... Near Bedok Reservoir...

Just to share my 3rd day experience ð.

I checked the navigation software version in Columbus and compared it against the version in Skoda update portal. There was an update. Downloaded the update to SD card and tried to update the software but failed.

This was expected based on what I read in MCF and other forum but I had to try ð.

Downloaded the update from VW update portal and installed okay ð.

I tested the map otw home from Garden by the Bay. It was behaving oddly halfway through the KPE tunnel. It was like the software thought the car was above ground. Wondering whether it is normal for the software (not as good as local nav software).

I also connected my 2nd gen iPod via USB. Surprised that it was working okay, recognised playlist, artist and so on.

Hope this helps

My agent did told me that try to use 3rd party navigation via your mobile as Columbus may not be as good.

You need to install Android Auto which Škoda Singapore has & you can ask from your agent. You cannot find in App Store.

This app allows you to link your phone to your car screen using cable & use it there. So you can use Google Map or Waze or any 3rd party nav software you like.

The app also allows you to make call & read out your msg but I find it distracting.

So far, Columbus is OK for me now.

My agent did told me that try to use 3rd party navigation via your mobile as Columbus may not be as good.

You need to install Android Auto which Å koda Singapore has & you can ask from your agent. You cannot find in App Store.

This app allows you to link your phone to your car screen using cable & use it there. So you can use Google Map or Waze or any 3rd party nav software you like.

The app also allows you to make call & read out your msg but I find it distracting.

Hi Bro,

I did try Android auto and I find it very tedious to connect the USB cable. Not to mentioned the car already comes with wireless charging.

I'm also just one of those who cannot stand having updated map or software not installed

Hi Bro,

I did try Android auto and I find it very tedious to connect the USB cable. Not to mentioned the car already comes with wireless charging.

I'm also just one of those who cannot stand having updated map or software not installed ð.

Just did the radio station logos today to make the radio UI look better as I enjoy listening to radio while driving.

Same bro. It's tedious indeed as cable connection is needed everytime.

Not a good feeling for me too, knowing you have the update but not using it.

Can share how you update the station logo? I am sure other users here will be keen as well.

Hi Bro, 

Instruction to update is similar to this video for VW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dtKizd76c

The logo is basically .png files with size 160px x 120px. I cut and paste the logo from Google search to Microsoft Paint.

Attached is the station logo I used. It is not comprehensive and may not be correct or latest but good enough for my use.

The file name is the frequency number. Unzip it to SD card and follow the instruction should be good to go.

Aside to Mod, do let me know or help me to remove the attachment if it is not allowed due to copyright violation or anything.

Cheers

Station Logo.zip

• Praise 1

Hi Bro,

Instruction to update is similar to this video for VW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dtKizd76c

The logo is basically .png files with size 160px x 120px. I cut and paste the logo from Google search to Microsoft Paint.

Attached is the station logo I used. It is not comprehensive and may not be correct or latest but good enough for my use.

The file name is the frequency number. Unzip it to SD card and follow the instruction should be good to go.

Aside to Mod, do let me know or help me to remove the attachment if it is not allowed due to copyright violation or anything.

Cheers

Thanks bro. Got it. You can remove now as I am not sure how to remove on your behalf.

You need to install Android Auto which Škoda Singapore has & you can ask from your agent. You cannot find in App Store.

Good info. instead of cable, i wonder why they don't allow this via wireless / Bluetooth - will be so much easier. 

• Praise 1

Good info. instead of cable, i wonder why they don't allow this via wireless / Bluetooth - will be so much easier.

Possibly because wireless not stable enough for the screen refresh during navigation and app interaction. Audio transfer also need good connection.

By the way, I now understand by what you mean rougher engine sound at low speed. Is the car too quiet that makes it noticeble

Edited by FuzzBolst

why they never get HERE WeGo From Audi? 

• Praise 1

Possibly because wireless not stable enough for the screen refresh during navigation and app interaction. Audio transfer also need good connection.

By the way, I now understand by what you mean rougher engine sound at low speed. Is the car too quiet that makes it noticeble

• Praise 1

Guess the development is not there yet for them. Thye also insist we need to use the original cable or the data transmission may not work properly.

why they never get HERE WeGo From Audi?

If this works, pls share here. Good to know if there's alternative.
↡ Advertisement