2016 Skoda Kodiaq

Aukang

Hi guys,

Curious, my SE said servicing is 15km for 1st servicing. Jap car did for 1K, 5K & then regularly 10K. Straight to 15K sounds scary, don’t the steel filing gets into the piston & damage it?

How many km did U guys run your engine in before starting the rev it beyond 3500rmp?

Did anyone try stretching the petrol tank consumption to the limit to see how much KM it can push before topping up? Anyone know what is the max. capacity of the tank?

Did anyone try tuning your engine?

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement

25 minutes ago, Charles9178 said:

Hi guys,

Curious, my SE said servicing is 15km for 1st servicing. Jap car did for 1K, 5K & then regularly 10K. Straight to 15K sounds scary, don’t the steel filing gets into the piston & damage it?

How many km did U guys run your engine in before starting the rev it beyond 3500rmp?

Did anyone try stretching the petrol tank consumption to the limit to see how much KM it can push before topping up? Anyone know what is the max. capacity of the tank?

Did anyone try tuning your engine?

Cheers!

Yup 1st servicing 15km or One year which ever earlier. It is the duty of the engine oil filter to prevent any foreign object into the piston. If you not comfortable can always do your 1k, 5k on your own pocket. The service workshop be more willing to help and send you reminder to go for the 5k, 10k etc! whahahahaha..

for me (Superb) i take it easy for the first 1000km then gradually increase bit by bit..now once or twice a week I redline it! hee.. i believe in working out engine.

i don bother abt petrol consumption.. need to drive need to pump.

Stock is best. tune one part the other part need to spec up.. never end.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Yup 1st servicing 15km or One year which ever earlier. It is the duty of the engine oil filter to prevent any foreign object into the piston. If you not comfortable can always do your 1k, 5k on your own pocket. The service workshop be more willing to help and send you reminder to go for the 5k, 10k etc! whahahahaha..

for me (Superb) i take it easy for the first 1000km then gradually increase bit by bit..now once or twice a week I redline it! hee.. i believe in working out engine.

i don bother abt petrol consumption.. need to drive need to pump.

Stock is best. tune one part the other part need to spec up.. never end.

Thank!

I think I'll just leave it to 15km servicing. It seems that conti car are pre-run in ady & seems tougher than Jap car.

With pussy foot driving, I manage 500km until almost empty.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Charles9178 said:

Thank!

I think I'll just leave it to 15km servicing. It seems that conti car are pre-run in ady & seems tougher than Jap car.

With pussy foot driving, I manage 500km until almost empty.

Just enjoy the ride. I am not bothered too much with FC unless it’s driving like Ferrari or Lambo FC. Btw, I am driving the Karoq. 

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Charles9178 said:

I driving a Kodiaq, very happy with this ride! So much better than my Outlander.

welcome!

good migration from outlander to kodiaq

been wanting to know how outlander drive as it was under evaluation together with kodiaq, now got first hand info.

One of the door edge retractable protector of my 2 mths old Kodiaq wont retract and it broke off when I try to close the door. Today I went workshop they say this part is not covered by warranty. If they were to order the part and replace the cost will probably be few hundreds. I know that it will eventually spoil but I dun expect it to spoil so soon? Anyone had similar experience?

door.jpg

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, noobydoo said:

One of the door edge retractable protector of my 2 mths old Kodiaq wont retract and it broke off when I try to close the door. Today I went workshop they say this part is not covered by warranty. If they were to order the part and replace the cost will probably be few hundreds. I know that it will eventually spoil but I dun expect it to spoil so soon? Anyone had similar experience?

door.jpg

Seems like a common issue for Kodiaq. Its widely reported from the owners. How old is your bear? Probably something got hooked onto it preventing it from closing properly. I always remind my passengers to close the door using the top window portion.

14 hours ago, LYC said:

Seems like a common issue for Kodiaq. Its widely reported from the owners. How old is your bear? Probably something got hooked onto it preventing it from closing properly. I always remind my passengers to close the door using the top window portion.

Yea known problem, all over the internet. Kiang eh sai mai geh kiang....

22 hours ago, LYC said:

Two mths old only. And I'm sure when it happened nothing was hook onto it. After my wife closed the door I saw the door open signal and thought she never close properly. I went over to check and saw the plastic guard was squashed by the door and thus couldnt close properly. When i reopened the door it wouldnt retract anymore.

11 hours ago, noobydoo said:

Two mths old only. And I'm sure when it happened nothing was hook onto it. After my wife closed the door I saw the door open signal and thought she never close properly. I went over to check and saw the plastic guard was squashed by the door and thus couldnt close properly. When i reopened the door it wouldnt retract anymore.

Always makes me chuckle when car manufacturers add technology for the sakes of technology, then it's your job to fix it because "not covered by warranty" but will cost you X hundred dollars and X man-hours to get it replaced. 

I wonder how many man hours were taken to create and QC this mechanical contraption when there's a well known, well tested solution that already exists and costs $4: https://s.lazada.sg/s.6S4P

Sorry, I know not helpful to your current situation, but it's hilarious that Skoda spent countless man-hours to try solve such a first world problem and it still breaks down after two months. 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, noobydoo said:

door.jpg

This kind is manufacturing or design defect leow... Knn not covered by warranty? Go fark the agent! 

20 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

When i first see that auto door guard, i already know it wont last long lol. Rather have DIY rubber ownself install. No need auto

Coincidentally I just saw this on a Merc this morning

51F9605F-1C63-4D80-94B0-BC20CF4DAF8A.jpeg

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm very new here, this is my first post.

I'm quite keen with the Kodiaq 2L version. Tried looking for one on the road for the past 2 weeks, but not even 1 was spotted. Wonder how many fellow member here own a Kodiaq 2L version?

Have test driven the car and quite like the feel of the drive. May I ask the Kodiaq owners here, mind sharing your experience with your Kodiaq, specifically those unpleasant one, if any.

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement