MyResponder app to call SCDF

Philipkee

Dear all, currently there is this app called the myresponder app. This app can actually be used to call 995 and if you are a registered user who knows cpr, you will be informed of potential cardiac arrest cases near your location since the app can track your current location if your handphone is on and near you.

So first I would like to encourage anyone trained in cpr and/or aed to sign up.

But the second point is this. Even if you have no knowledge of cpr or cannot help, this app is very useful because your location can be tracked. What are the situations that might make this useful when you can just call 995?

1) elderly people who do not know their address. Like they know they stay in jurong but dunno street or block number which can happen if they are visiting

2) if you are unsure where you are. Maybe you are lost and there is no landmark like maybe of you go hiking and you don't know exactly where you are

3) you do not know where you are like maybe in an unfamiliar neighbourhood

4) for elderly maybe language barrier and they find it hard to verbalise address

GPS is not perfect as they don't give exact location but a rough location but it goes a long way in cutting down the time to ascertain the location.

I put this in a new thread cos I don't see where else I can put as no existing thread on this seem to exist.

post-57859-0-80345300-1477456824_thumb.png

post-57859-0-50938300-1477456843_thumb.png

post-57859-0-62737300-1477456867_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Scarely got those siao lang vigilante heroes, call themselves justice league or special plain cloth commando sign up as first responder.

What is first responder ah?

Basically if there is a cardiac arrest or a suspected cardiac arrest near your location you will be activated by hp to respond to provide cpr if needed if you are cpr trained.

The reason is that the ambulance takes time to arrive and in a cardiac arrest every second counts so if cpr can be started by trained personnel earlier the chance of survival is higher.

Of cos it is strictly voluntary. Not like if you are activated you die die have to go.

Supercharged

want to add on,

in additional, this app also indicate the nearest defibrillator in your area, should you require it.

my wife and I actually went for a course to learn about using defibrillator, cpr etc.

find it very beneficial to self and others.

I hope 1 fine day, I can put it to a good use. ^_^

• Praise 6

Basically if there is a cardiac arrest or a suspected cardiac arrest near your location you will be activated by hp to respond to provide cpr if needed if you are cpr trained.

The reason is that the ambulance takes time to arrive and in a cardiac arrest every second counts so if cpr can be started by trained personnel earlier the chance of survival is higher.

Of cos it is strictly voluntary. Not like if you are activated you die die have to go.

I see, i see. 

http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/SpecialFocus/Pages/dare-to-save-a-life-learn-cpr-and-how-to-use-the-aed-video.aspx

For those who DO NOT know anything about CPR and AED it is very easy to do. Just follow instructions and well there is a short video on it.

So don't be afraid in an emergency.

Of cos if one is trained this video might not be too appropriate since this video was made for the lay person.

Dear all, currently there is this app called the myresponder app. This app can actually be used to call 995 and if you are a registered user who knows cpr, you will be informed of potential cardiac arrest cases near your location since the app can track your current location if your handphone is on and near you.

So first I would like to encourage anyone trained in cpr and/or aed to sign up.

But the second point is this. Even if you have no knowledge of cpr or cannot help, this app is very useful because your location can be tracked. What are the situations that might make this useful when you can just call 995?

1) elderly people who do not know their address. Like they know they stay in jurong but dunno street or block number which can happen if they are visiting

2) if you are unsure where you are. Maybe you are lost and there is no landmark like maybe of you go hiking and you don't know exactly where you are

3) you do not know where you are like maybe in an unfamiliar neighbourhood

4) for elderly maybe language barrier and they find it hard to verbalise address

GPS is not perfect as they don't give exact location but a rough location but it goes a long way in cutting down the time to ascertain the location.

I put this in a new thread cos I don't see where else I can put as no existing thread on this seem to exist.

Just downloaded and installed. I really slow, already so many people use this app and so many people post responses and cases attended by this app.. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

The nurses I know , they will not want to do CPR in public. Being trained in order to renew the license doesn't mean they will do.

Nod nod in the past we medic must hold a valid licence insider for reservist training. Now... decades down the road I doubt I have the confidence like active era to perform real life for CPR.
  • Praise 1

http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/SpecialFocus/Pages/dare-to-save-a-life-learn-cpr-and-how-to-use-the-aed-video.aspx

For those who DO NOT know anything about CPR and AED it is very easy to do. Just follow instructions and well there is a short video on it.

So don't be afraid in an emergency.

Of cos if one is trained this video might not be too appropriate since this video was made for the lay person.

On the contrary, Singapore has no good Samaritan laws (already discussed in parliament and dismissed by our overlords).

So while it is good to be helpful, please make sure you know what you are doing. If you don't know, better to just stand aside.

Nod nod in the past we medic must hold a valid licence insider for reservist training. Now... decades down the road I doubt I have the confidence like active era to perform real life for CPR.

Army CPR/first aid training is wayang one la. I also passed all the tests (with certificate) but I won't be able to help anyone if it really comes down to it.

The best part is that I think I am in the top 30% in terms of competency so the other 70% is worse than half f*** type. If I were injured, I wouldn't want them to help me.

On the contrary, Singapore has no good Samaritan laws (already discussed in parliament and dismissed by our overlords).

So while it is good to be helpful, please make sure you know what you are doing. If you don't know, better to just stand aside.

Army CPR/first aid training is wayang one la. I also passed all the tests (with certificate) but I won't be able to help anyone if it really comes down to it.

The best part is that I think I am in the top 30% in terms of competency so the other 70% is worse than half f*** type. If I were injured, I wouldn't want them to help me.

Don't say like that lah. Active time me and fellow medic did encountered couple of real life incidents in camp. Those knowledge were put into good use..however after Rod slowly the confidence dissipating. Knowledge still there but not the confidence.

By the way I was from 41. So during active times my routine were camp/DB/Alexandra ward 15. Everyday in a medical environment.

nx time u see an ahpek collapse, as he is croaking, ask if he is @ingenius..if afrirmative, then dun call 995, call pizza hut [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]

:grin:  :grin:

• Praise 1

Don't say like that lah. Active time me and fellow medic did encountered couple of real life incidents in camp. Those knowledge were put into good use..however after Rod slowly the confidence dissipating. Knowledge still there but not the confidence.

By the way I was from 41. So during active times my routine were camp/DB/Alexandra ward 15. Everyday in a medical environment.

I'm not targeting army medics la. You guys definitely have the experience.

I'm actually talking about the clowns that go through command school and have to pass their first aid/CPR tests. I can safely say that 70% of them don't know what they are doing (even during the test).