Remote WiFi Light switches and SMART home solutions

RadX

yup!  So anyone here using? any user reviews?i

did google hor hahahaha..am seeking feedback

How about just going for Hue / Lightify? Change bulb only  [laugh] provided your hall area lights accepts e27 bulbs. I'm using those for my dining and balcony.

Edited by Mnns
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

If you want just auto light switch, without fancy wifi or whatever, you can do this:

1. Install a cheap PIR switch like this one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-240V-Outdoor-180-Degree-50Hz-Security-PIR-Motion-Movement-Sensor-Detector-Switch-PIR-Infrared-Motion/32696299412.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_3&btsid=23f9253c-1a68-488d-ab35-54ba01c71e9a

You can adjust lighting and timing.

2. Connect to the lights you want to switch on. You need to do wiring.

I use cheap Ikea wall lamp with LED bulbs.

0301161_PE426568_S3.JPG

• Praise 2

Twincharged

i have wanted to fix these wifi switches before i went overseas previously ... but after reading sme unfavourable comments, i decided not to.

one main problem is the connectivity ... unless you using VPN, else its 50/50 you can get a WAN connection. At home with wifi is still ok but when you go outdoors, then see how liow. I don't really know how it works but that's the feedback i read.

however, if you have $23 to spare, then get a Orbivo to try out and see if it works for you.

Edited by Ysc3

Ah this is what the HDB used in corridors or some staircases.

If you want just auto light switch, without fancy wifi or whatever, you can do this:

1. Install a cheap PIR switch like this one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-240V-Outdoor-180-Degree-50Hz-Security-PIR-Motion-Movement-Sensor-Detector-Switch-PIR-Infrared-Motion/32696299412.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_3&btsid=23f9253c-1a68-488d-ab35-54ba01c71e9a

You can adjust lighting and timing.

2. Connect to the lights you want to switch on. You need to do wiring.

Ah this is what the HDB used in corridors or some staircases.

The PIR switch works very well.

I have 2 of them.

Installed in the living room:

1. Anyone who opens the door will trigger the light. Since it's LED bulb, you can turn on as long as you want without consuming much power. Also acts as a security. A thief who tries to come in will be surprised by the light going on and may just leave if he's not sure what other traps lay before him.

2. On the stairwell:

Lights up for safety in the darkness.

3. You can also install in the bathroom, if you just want to pee in the middle of the night for 1-2 mins, without fumbling for a light switch.

And they are cheap.

But need a bit of work to run the wires or you can pay an electrician to install them.

Edited by Kb27

can you all dun be so lazy? and stand up and go on/off the light lah   <_<   <_<

maybe TS is a busy person, cannot afford time on mundane tasks like pressing light switches ...  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3