2nd Generation Peugeot 3008

Carbon82

That experience sounds familiar with many people who had the DSG failure, gearbox oil leak, engine oil leakage that needs topup every other week, etc. I personally avoid any car with a "W" in it for now and those with many rings. lol.

Yep, somehow pple are very weary about French cars. Just like their food, look nice but not feeling. Haha, am conseidering he rings now although there are also some negative remarks, but the drive is really smooth.

At least you will be covered by warranty...

I read a blog of one 308 Peugeot owner and his story is one hell of a horror story. He even posted the repair logs. I think even given me a 10year warranty but having to go thru what he have been, I rather pass on that.

It's pretty safe to say, 3008 has been running smoothly in Europe for a while now under their new platform. So I won't be worrying too much about reliability from a company that has put its heart and soul to make this car. Can tell it's built way better than previous Peugeot cars by touching and feeling the car. Even the drive also surprised me, it felt more sturdy and complete unlike old Pugs.

Yes, I have to agree that this car have a very very attractive touch and feel. Drive wise, nothing to wow about.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yep, somehow pple are very weary about French cars. Just like their food, look nice but not feeling. Haha, am conseidering he rings now although there are also some negative remarks, but the drive is really smooth.

I read a blog of one 308 Peugeot owner and his story is one hell of a horror story. He even posted the repair logs. I think even given me a 10year warranty but having to go thru what he have been, I rather pass on that.

Yes, I have to agree that this car have a very very attractive touch and feel. Drive wise, nothing to wow about.

That's why i hesitated. But give it 2-3yrs track record for this new powerplant and platform ... i think it has yet to proof itself.  Guess only time will tell ... whether it'll be a hit or ... miss. Certainly, i don't wanna be the guinea pig from all the horror stories seen and experienced.

That's why i hesitated. But give it 2-3yrs track record for this new powerplant and platform ... i think it has yet to proof itself.  Guess only time will tell ... whether it'll be a hit or ... miss. Certainly, i don't wanna be the guinea pig from all the horror stories seen and experienced.

Whenever there is a new car, there are bound to be "guinea pigs". Look at the QQ, VW, Rings, Harrier, etc. Many horror stories and complaints, but people still buying. I guess whichever car you choose, you just have to be able to afford it and live with it. 

In 2-3 years time, people will be looking at something new again and what is proven is considered outdated. I am glad that Peugeot decided to use the proven Aisin 6-speed gearbox. This is sure much more reliable than any DCT, DSG, EDC, S-tronic and all the GB failures I have heard of. 

Maybe I should stick with a Toyota.

• Praise 2

Whenever there is a new car, there are bound to be "guinea pigs". Look at the QQ, VW, Rings, Harrier, etc. Many horror stories and complaints, but people still buying. I guess whichever car you choose, you just have to be able to afford it and live with it. 

In 2-3 years time, people will be looking at something new again and what is proven is considered outdated. I am glad that Peugeot decided to use the proven Aisin 6-speed gearbox. This is sure much more reliable than any DCT, DSG, EDC, S-tronic and all the GB failures I have heard of. 

Maybe I should stick with a Toyota.

Actually .. .that's where i'll be considering whether i shd get the facelifted version of the 3008 - after most if not all the niggles have been sorted out (if!!). So ... not necessarily a new model.

Aisin GB is almost flawless ... the new BMW 2-series Active/Gran Tourer and its 116d are using Aisin GB too ... talk about reliability ...  [:p]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all..im also interested in this car..when are your expected delivery dates?

Mine is Oct / Nov.

Wow, suv peugeot is something that I didn't anticipate actually. If the money will allow and my wife obviously I would love to get it on a deal lease at DSRLeasing.

• Dislike 1

Wow, suv peugeot is something that I didn't anticipate actually. If the money will allow and my wife obviously I would love to get it on a deal lease at DSRLeasing.

what kind of advertiser are u?? Do we still live in the early 2000s to advertise like this? Your company no money to pay for ads is it? Try something that's actually realistic to advertise so at least some people might consider it. So please kindly get out, this thread is for Peugeot 3008 not for advertising your business. 

Supercharged
(edited)

Wah today's price list 1.2 active is

$123,999..the 1.6 price might as well buy harrier haha

This is what i got from an AF se... 1.2T is $115,999 (Active) $128,999 (Allure). 1.6T Allure is $141,999. Edited by Xers007

This is what i got from an AF se... 1.2T is $115,999 (Active) $128,999 (Allure). 1.6T Allure is $141,999.

Any idea is the Allure display unit in the showroom already?

Always tempted to get a Peugeot due to its classy design... but its reliability still cannot make it... in the end hv to settle for a Peugeot toy car model to admire its design

This is what i got from an AF se... 1.2T is $115,999 (Active) $128,999 (Allure). 1.6T Allure is $141,999.

The price is on the high side. Indeed their latest design impressed. Most of us will be attracted by their specifications and design, but talking about reliability, it maybe questionable as compared to Japanese cars. To most of us if not all, we probably drive it for 6 to 8 years. Even the most attractive car, we may tired of it by the 3rd years. It will be a nightmare, if the car keep going to service center at the later years. Basically buying a car not only must have a personal like for the design but also proven reliability is a must too.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

Any idea is the Allure display unit in the showroom already?

Yes its in for viewing but need the se to bring u for viewing for now until i guess till their official launching the car in aug Edited by Xers007

Neutral Newbie

Hi all.

I managed to secure the artense grey active before they raised their price. Target delivery date is end sept early oct. Hope to see fellow owners on the roads soon.

Sesmic

↡ Advertisement