2nd Generation Peugeot 3008

Carbon82

We collected our 3008 1.2 Active on Friday.

So far, I have had 3 problems

1. The screen blacked out when I plucked in my iphone 6s.

2. My car suddenly stopped and died in the middle of the road and the screen tells me gear box failed repair required. Luckily there was no car behind me. I had to restart the car and it was ok after that.

3. The small opening at the bumper came loose

So I had to go back to Peugeot to have the car fixed.

They said that the gear box failed message was recognized in peugeot 3008 cars in UK, and so updated and reprogrammed the whole car for me.

Fingers crossed - nothing else will happen or I will be quite pissed.

Previously drove a Japanese car - reliable and no such glitches.

By the way can add me to the whatsapp group?

By the way can add me to the whatsapp group?

Hey Diana, hows things going after the repair and reprogramming? Hope the problems did not persist..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No worries Harry..... its a good car.... i have 2 Pug... if have trouble i have double trouble.... 

Enjoying my 3008 so far..... 

Harry have you booked yours...?

Still looking around as my COE not expire anytime soon. I am hoping COE will drop further in the coming months or early next year. So far having few Jap cars and never experience any breakdowns on the road. Only air-con problems. So I totally cannot accept risk of car breakdown.

• Praise 1

I believe strongly that the EUROPEAN CAR OF THE YEAR was awarded to the Peugeot 3008 for good reasons.

Great car worth the buy.

was reliabilty one of the criteria used in the assessment?
  • Praise 2

If you are interested in reliability, this list will give you an idea starting with the least reliable in number 25.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/gallery/the-20-best-car-brands-listed/bmw/

Thank you. Interesting findings which contradict some common assumptions. I'm actually quite surprised to see Volvo ranked number 1 and skoda 3. Peugeot as number 8 is not bad either. However, the list doesn't seem to be exhaustive though as the Lexus is noticeably missing. It also seems to have only evaluated cars that are three years and younger, when more serious issues tend to surface after the first three years. That might explain why Honda is ranked below some of the other cars. It also appears to give similar weightage to all problems reported, as opposed to the severity of the problem, and is based only on the number of reported complaints and not the type.

• Praise 1

Thank you. Interesting findings which contradict some common assumptions. I'm actually quite surprised to see Volvo ranked number 1 and skoda 3. Peugeot as number 8 is not bad either. However, the list doesn't seem to be exhaustive though as the Lexus is noticeably missing. It also seems to have only evaluated cars that are three years and younger, when more serious issues tend to surface after the first three years. That might explain why Honda is ranked below some of the other cars. It also appears to give similar weightage to all problems reported, as opposed to the severity of the problem, and is based only on the number of reported complaints and not the type.

Yes, very interesting findings. The first 3 years is important if I want to get a new car. Wouldn't want any serious or minor nick nacks happening during that period. If there are serious issues even during the first 3 years then after that might be worse. So its just a good indication. Really no one can tell what will happen after that. If the reliability report is based on cars from 3-7 years, it will most likely be outdated by then as consumers who buy new cars will want to know what is the current status.

If buying a used car, then may need to look at a different report. Maybe a 2014 JD power report?

Cars today are heavily reliant on electronics and software. The more they are used, the more issues might be faced. Totally no comparison with the "Datsun 120Ys" anymore.

Now even have screen protector for the Peugeot icockpit or Audi virtual cockpit. Unheard of many years ago. Times have changed.

Edited by mavericke

I just cleared my mailbox. Please pm me with your name and number so I can add u to the whatsapp chat. Thanks

Hi Drwatson I had reply the details for u to add me in whatsapp group. Pls assist for this process. Tks.
  • Praise 1

All new cars 1st 3 years should be relatively problem free. If major issues arise in the 1st 3 years (i.e car stalling, gearbox issues), it's really bad.
  • Praise 1

Currently driving a Peugeot 308 which will be due soon. Looking at VW and Peugeot. Any recommendation for conti cars? Cant decide between Tiguan and 3008. 

• Praise 1

After 5 years, the parts should be more readily available. So, you need not even fear lack of parts. [:p]

IIRC, Kian Hua, Trans Hua, United Motors, Unico...

Thanks for sharing the parts importers.

For everyone awareness, these importers DO NOT carry all parts of the car brand they r importing. They only carry common parts, they will not tie up their $ to stock up parts that nobody may buy. If u r buying uncommon parts, u pay a deposit, wait long long and they ship in for u. Then go outside workshop to do, and not many workshop do French cars. Anyway, Agent also don stock up every part.

Drive this kind of car need to be prepared to service at agent, or a workshop who invest in computerised diagnostic tools. Check agent servicing cost, spare parts price etc.... which can determine whether cost effective to service or end up selling when problem arise.

My friend drive S Max, 5 yrs aircon spoil, agent quote him $8K to fix. He finds it ridiculous. He ended up Trade-in s-max to a dealer (dealer sway, don know got problem), and ended up with Vezel.

• Praise 1