2nd Generation Peugeot 3008

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie

We have created a group chat for people who have already booked or are interested and want to know more information about this car.

You can PM me or duckweed for the add!

Hello! Collected my 1.2 Active. Pls add me into grp chat. Thanks alot!
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I am to take delivery of my 3008 next week. Really looking forward to it. However, Autofrance has registered the car a few days ago to beat the new VES tax. So technically I am getting a 1-week old car next week. Anyone face this issue here?

Also, would like to join the WhatsApp group. Please add me. Thanks!

Yesterday drove by Peugeot showroom in Alexendra Road and saw a few SLV plated 3007 driving out of the building.

Wow, really good selling.

Yesterday drove by Peugeot showroom in Alexendra Road and saw a few SLV plated 3007 driving out of the building.

Wow, really good selling.

Yeah. More and more sightings on the road! 

Hi all, I am to take delivery of my 3008 next week. Really looking forward to it. However, Autofrance has registered the car a few days ago to beat the new VES tax. So technically I am getting a 1-week old car next week. Anyone face this issue here?

Also, would like to join the WhatsApp group. Please add me. Thanks!

Added! 

Edited by drwatson

Neutral Newbie

Thanks, Please keep me posted..

just confirmed an Active version...

also, would like to check how is the included front and back incar recoder? quality of recording?

Thanks again..

Can add me too? :)

Can anyone share the pickup and power of the 1.2L engine? I know the spec said something like 11.8 secs. I am not looking at sub 10 seconds sprint. I am only concerned whether it has the reasonable power to over take at lower speed. The torque actually. I am currently driving a vezel.

Thanks all in advance.

Can anyone share the pickup and power of the 1.2L engine? I know the spec said something like 11.8 secs. I am not looking at sub 10 seconds sprint. I am only concerned whether it has the reasonable power to over take at lower speed. The torque actually. I am currently driving a vezel.

Thanks all in advance.

why dont you go and do a test drive. there is quite a difference bet the QQ1.2 and this 1.2. but it is better for u to experience it.

Thanks all in advance.

betta u go test drive and all your questions will be answered instantly.... different mouths different taste laa... :a-happy:

Hello, just thot I post my 2 cents worth on Peugeot. I have been driving this brand for more than 20 years so I do know a little bit about these cars.  First there are workshops like ANTZ that can repair these cars if you don't want AF to do it. ANTZ does a good job and the team are all ex-AF. As for spare parts, many manufacturers uses common components. In the 3008 the gearbox and AC are Japanese.

Placed an order of the 3008 in Feb and only collected the car in Oct. There is a worldwide production shortage as factory cannot cope with demand. Wanted the GT Line but offered only the Allure. Chose the 1.2 over the 1.6THP as I driven the 508 1.6THP for the last 6 years. The 1.2 having only 3 cylinder revs better than the 4 cylinder 1.6. It also sounds better (quieter too).

After driving for 1 month, believe my decision on the 1.2  over the 1.6 was right (p.s. the 1.6 suffer from turbo oil pipe leak and I changed this twice. others also have similar experiences ( a $500+ repair bill). The engine mountings also need attention every 50,000 KM.

Back to the 3008 1.2  Allure. After 1 week of driving, rattle from left front door and a clicking sound when turning steering during parking. Took it back to AF and they confirm this needed fixing. Changed "comms" device for the steering and attempted to fix rattle. Also replaced the AC condenser as they one from the factory wasn't suitable for the tropics. No big issue and all attended to without fuss.

Also applied "glass coating" the very next day after collecting car. This was done at Artdeshine Toa Payoh Lor 6 SPC petrol station. Victor (90290720) does a great job at a very reasonable price. With all the rain these days, the coating is keeping the car paintwork really nice. I recommend this treatment and has done this for my last 2 Peugeot.

Since the rattle didn't really get fixed, I thot I fix it while I upgraded the sound system. The original speakers are pretty lousy with only 6 speakers (China made very low cost light weight component).  After opening the door panel, which was a real pain to do, the cause of the rattle was evident, there was what look like an LED light control box on the left door (see picture) that rattle occasionally. Sound insulated both front doors (double layers). Swap the cheapo speakers out and installed a pair of RS Audio (German) component speakers in the front and a full range single speaker for each rear door. This made a world of difference to the music. Work done by Fred at Soundflux 97813868. If u enjoy your music, seriously consider this investment. Next assignment, install a power tailgate. (p.s. don't consider the locally installed blind spot monitoring offered by AF, really dump device and totally useless. lights up all the time, it cannot tell a moving object from a stationery).attachicon.gifsoundproof3008.jpg

wow!  It quite a bit of problem for a new car.  Have to fix steering issue and rattling issue.

as the 1.2 Active does not come with LED headlight, is there a way to change that?  How much would that cost?  Thanks.

Thanks all in advance.

Go for a test drive and have a feel of it.

Or go to the motorshow tomorrow and take a look first.  [laugh]