2nd Generation Peugeot 3008

Carbon82

On 11/1/2020 at 11:07 PM, VincentYeap said:

Yeah, but the price seems pretty attractive now, not sure if it will be revised higher with the facelift 😊

no more 1.6 only 1.2. if u look at sgcarmart. this 1.6 selling only 2% premium so mean they are not making much money on this. 1.2 appeared more. the car OMV is 29k. ARF is 33k. i presume 1.2 will be lessor.. they will look at 130k to 140k bracket with the COE price now.... for the new one.

On 11/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, Elixir said:

mine is 1.6. Peugeot phased out 1.2 then. I think they brought it back. I compared and test drive with Toyota CHR, Honda HRV and Renault Scenic etc. My previous ride is a VW Scirocco hence Tiguan is not a choice then since prefer to try other brands, we needed a 5 dr due to elderly parents.  I chose 3008 even though I didn’t own a Peugeot before and there were some undesirable comments here but it was a good one. Test drive it and you can compare. Choose Allure though, the insides are nicer. The ride is smooth and quieter than others. 

yes i was worried about the reliability. but after joining the telegram group. able to get more info and assurance. only noticed battery flat will cost lots of problem which the warranty cover.

For my side, the replacement of the battery is free. I’m not sure why, maybe within first 3 years or the package that I signed up that time. AutoFrance asked me to change the wiper lately, this is chargeable 

Yeah, because we couldn’t travel back to Malaysia. We actually drove to Kluang, Seremban and Malacca within the first 5 months. It’s actually very nice road drive. It’s quiet inside, comfortable for long distance drive and when facing JB jams. It’s not exactly a sports car even if the Sports mode is turned on but it does ramp up the speed fast enough for overtaking. 

I think there’s always the question of reliability but if we are driving in Singapore which we cannot drive far and long, it’s actually quite okay. All cars, models and their brands have their fans and haters if you’ve been in this forum long enough. I’ve been here for more than 15 years. Just buy what you like and only after test drive. PM the bros and Sis if need further advice. I did that, it helps. 

For instance, they are many who said VW Scirocco has the gear issue, the 7-speed DSG, but I drove it for 7 years. No issue. My favourite car work shop even said we are lucky but I think, it’s VW right, how bad can it be and is the way you drive and maintain the car. Till now on Singapore, I still see many scirocco around.  I really like that car, but it’s not suitable for elderly and if you are male friends who have to bend and get in the back. 

Edited by Elixir

On 11/7/2020 at 8:07 PM, Elixir said:

For my side, the replacement of the battery is free. I’m not sure why, maybe within first 3 years or the package that I signed up that time. AutoFrance asked me to change the wiper lately, this is chargeable 

Yeah, unlike other ADs, battery replacement is covered under warranty by AutoFrance, that is unless you change it outside. Still the case.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

My 3008 android auto will not start when I connect my Samsung S20 to it. I have try different phones but it does not work.  Is anybody facing the same issue?

On 11/19/2020 at 10:06 AM, Android said:

Hi,

My 3008 android auto will not start when I connect my Samsung S20 to it. I have try different phones but it does not work.  Is anybody facing the same issue?

Well, my problem is somewhat different. When I plug in after starting the engine, my Apple Carplay won't connect. However, after unplugging and reconnecting, it works just fine. Got to repeat this every time I start the car.

Digging deeper into the problem, it seems like the issue lies with the firmware version being the old version (2018), probably the factory version. I believe AF didn't update the version when handing the car over. Testing this with the 3008s in AutoFrance showroom, I couldn't reproduce this problem. Noted that the cars in the showroom had a much newer version (2019). Right now, I am still waiting for AF to arrange a time to update my firmware.

Not sure if this helps with your problem?

photo_2020-11-20_15-52-39.jpg

photo_2020-11-20_15-52-26.jpg

On 11/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, VincentYeap said:

Well, my problem is somewhat different. When I plug in after starting the engine, my Apple Carplay won't connect. However, after unplugging and reconnecting, it works just fine. Got to repeat this every time I start the car.

Digging deeper into the problem, it seems like the issue lies with the firmware version being the old version (2018), probably the factory version. I believe AF didn't update the version when handing the car over. Testing this with the 3008s in AutoFrance showroom, I couldn't reproduce this problem. Noted that the cars in the showroom had a much newer version (2019). Right now, I am still waiting for AF to arrange a time to update my firmware.

Not sure if this helps with your problem?

photo_2020-11-20_15-52-39.jpg

photo_2020-11-20_15-52-26.jpg

Have you try with connect your phone with different cables? Particularly original iPhone cable?

On 11/24/2020 at 11:08 AM, Weiliang82 said:

Have you try with connect your phone with different cables? Particularly original iPhone cable?

It's not the cable (tried with 2 different iPhones and cables on my car), same problem. Like I mentioned in my post, everything works just fine (using same phone and cable) with another Peugeot 3008 (updated firmware) in the AF showroom.

Will know soon enough once my firmware is updated. It's either a faulty unit or just a firmware update.

Edited by VincentYeap

On 11/28/2020 at 10:17 AM, VincentYeap said:

It's not the cable (tried with 2 different iPhones and cables on my car), same problem. Like I mentioned in my post, everything works just fine (using same phone and cable) with another Peugeot 3008 (updated firmware) in the AF showroom.

Will know soon enough once my firmware is updated. It's either a faulty unit or just a firmware update.

The CarPlay problem was solved with the latest firmware update. This issue is no longer reproducible after the update. 

At the same time, seems like this update also resolves wireless Carplay adapter issues with RCC units, getting a new wireless Carplay adapter to try it out.

Neutral Newbie

Hello, just decided to buy 1.2 allure model.

Can anyone please kindly add me on to your Whatsapp Group?  My mobile number is 971 zero 425 nine. 

Thanks 🙂

↡ Advertisement