you print out the value you paid for your COE and paste on your car

i see you on the road also give way to you

:D

:a-m1524:

tio suan by elite!!! 

when chia roast goose ?  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Guys, I always ask this question but not sure of the answer.

If you see a car coming too fast at you from your rear view mirror and collision is inevitable, do you step on the foot brake harder or do you let go brakes and just brace for impact at whatever front vehicle in front of you.

Which one will be the safer to minimise injuries?

if you can do it quickly and safely, switch to the next lane and let the car in front of you take the hit. 

Twincharged

can't stop laughing  [laugh]  :D  :a-happy:

He forgot he not driving his BMW today la. Signal already people must give way. No need to check mirrors.

• Praise 3

why bm again.....

i think the van also purposely die die want to turn into the utmost left lane where there are 3 lane to turn into   [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

i think the van also purposely die die want to turn into the utmost left lane where there are 3 lane to turn into   [laugh]  [laugh]

I think that is the only possible lane to enter PIE. Or can he still enter from the 2nd lane? 

Edited by 3pinplug

You didn't mention whether your car is stationary or still moving.

Stationary:

Depends on what vehicle is in front of me and what vehicle is coming at me. If I have bikes in front of me, I will pull my handbrake and step hard on the brakes to take more impact so that the bikers have higher chance of survival. If the vehicle behind me is a concrete mixer, it won't make any difference though.

If there is a car in front of me, I'll probably put to Neutral and won't pull handbrake in order to make full use of rear and front crumple zones of my car, and transmit some of the impact to the car in front.

Real life: I'll probably only have time to shout "Oh shIt".

thanks for the reply, I think your answer make sense. But in that spilt second to make a decision, how many of us can actually react and do the correct action. 

I think most of us will instinctively depress the brakes hard and then brace for it regardless of the road condition ahead. But i got some whiplash from that accident. In real life, I have been banged from behind at traffic light, I only remember shouting some profanities moments before impact. haha

if you can do it quickly and safely, switch to the next lane and let the car in front of you take the hit. 

Ideally this should be the best maneuver, but if collision is inevitable, i would its think better not to because I worry that i may kill some motorcycles at my blind spot if i swerve out suddenly.

Ideally this should be the best maneuver, but if collision is inevitable, i would its think better not to because I worry that i may kill some motorcycles at my blind spot if i swerve out suddenly.

That is why it is always important to know your surrounding when driving. I scan my sides and rear every few seconds. When that car or motorcycle behind/beside me is suddenly missing, it must be in my blindspot and I will LL brace for impact. To swerve out would mean killing the motorcyclist and still got hit by the runaway car behind.

thanks for the reply, I think your answer make sense. But in that spilt second to make a decision, how many of us can actually react and do the correct action. 

I think most of us will instinctively depress the brakes hard and then brace for it regardless of the road condition ahead. But i got some whiplash from that accident. In real life, I have been banged from behind at traffic light, I only remember shouting some profanities moments before impact. haha

Just stepping on the brakes will not be enough. During collision, your foot will be off the brake pedal. 

I beg to differ. I think the van was going straight (allowed). The BMW wanted to turn right and assumed the van would turn right as well. In any case, the BMW was not allowed to turn based on the arrow on the road. So, BMW: van  = 0:1

• Praise 1

BMW is in the wrong lane for the PIE entry.

He wants in and can't wait.

Van is also keen to go into the PIE and doesn't want to give way.

The winner: the owner of the workshop that does the repairs.

Both sides can argue until the cows come home, there won't be any real resolution. It will be 50:50 or 60% the BMW's fault. IMO.

• Praise 1

Both sides can argue until the cows come home, there won't be any real resolution. It will be 50:50 or 60% the BMW's fault. IMO.

with this video it won't be 50-50 liao, more like 80-20.

• Praise 2

with this video it won't be 50-50 liao, more like 80-20.

In theory sir..

Hence I keep wishing that we know how things turn out. Because I know cases which seem clear cut, yet end up best case 80:20 instead of 100%.

The BMW encroached into the van's lane, which can be said to be going straight. The road after the traffic lights has only two lanes and the BMW should have stayed in the left lane after the traffic lights. 

Don't think van was turning right at all-the driver was clearly going straight on the straight or right turn lane 1 but his van was nudged by the reckless beemer driver making the illegal right turn.

Footage not really clear but it seemed that the BM's multi-million SMART cutting-edge automated signal indicator failed big time   [rolleyes]

Only fault of the van driver was not being alert when the hiong beemer was closing on his left at the cross-junction because his vision should be straight (where he was heading) and able to visualise road conditions on his left i.e. menacing BM 

Fault solely lies with the beemer driver it seems.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Don't think van was turning right at all-the driver was clearly going straight on the straight or right turn lane 1 but his van was nudged by the reckless beemer driver making the illegal right turn.

Footage not really clear but it seemed that the BM's multi-million SMART cutting-edge automated signal indicator failed big time   [rolleyes]

Only fault of the van driver was not being alert when the hiong beemer was closing on his left at the cross-junction because his vision should be straight (where he was heading) and able to visualise road conditions on his left i.e. menacing BM 

Fault solely lies with the beemer driver it seems.

very hard to say about the van. 

some time as a driver u can sense that bm gonna right turn, from various small action etc.

some cases is the van driver in that suitation ' buay gan wan' step brake.

most driver when u see accident coming, u will brake and avoid regradless u right or wrong.

if u right, then give the sign later.

but on the other hand, there are alway drivers on the road, who are alway ready to get into accident

taxi driver and delivery driver have high %.

dun try your luck against them [;)]

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

Most likely Chinaman.

I think no need 2nd guess.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

damn bloody clown, sometime I really wonder these CCB PRCs, do they themselves think that their life is cheap?  :huh:

• Praise 3

can't stop laughing  [laugh]  :D  :a-happy:

At least he signalled by raising his hand- though should have checked his blind spot as well and not hiong hiong switched lane like that thinking the entire planet would stop-rotating and give way to his "Rolls Royce".

Many of his counterparts & PMD users are worst- they simply bo huey /bochup and chiong left, right, centre, etc especially across pedestrian crossings whether they have the right-of-way or not.

Worst is those clowns who sped from your blind spot behind left and across zebra-crossings on slip roads when you are about to enter. Drivers with heart conditions should have a self-operated defibrillator on board their rides if suay suay kena this type of situation  [dizzy]  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2