Toyota Wish Check Engine Light on

Yellowbird

​Need advise on this issue,

​Presently driving a 2010 Toyota Wish, 5 months ago, the CEL came on with the VSC icon flashing and turn off. So I went to change both the O2 sensor and was ok for the next few mths.

​But recently, the same thing happen again, after a couple of days, the CEL came on with the VSC icon flashing and turn off. It came on and off after a few days.

​Anybody have any idea what might be this issue?

↡ Advertisement

Vehicle Stability Control & Traction Control issue what, why change O2 sensors? Where or who did you go to? Mai luan luan change.

Using the obd device can clear the fault but when the real issue isn't resolved the CEL will come back. So whoever did the "repair" for you cleared the fault code so you do not see it on the dash but obviously the problem is still there.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Vehicle Stability Control & Traction Control issue what, why change O2 sensors? Where or who did you go to? Mai luan luan change.

Using the obd device can clear the fault but when the real issue isn't resolved the CEL will come back. So whoever did the "repair" for you cleared the fault code so you do not see it on the dash but obviously the problem is still there.

I went to the workshop.. they got the reader.. but seems it is the universal type... so the error code is a list..

Today i went to the workshop in AMK auto point. They got the proper reader... catalytic converter issue.. 

I went to the workshop.. they got the reader.. but seems it is the universal type... so the error code is a list..

Today i went to the workshop in AMK auto point. They got the proper reader... catalytic converter issue.. 

Repair not cheap..

Yes... Workshop quote me 850 for a recon. Plus labour 140... Plus gst....

My previous Nissan Cefiro was quoted 3~4K from AD service centre 8 yrs ago [bounce1] .

Edited by Jameshong

CAT is very ex due to the fact precious metal or rare earth is used lor.

Suggest you look see first lor.

Is the FC very high ? from before to now ?

The engine will charge up the CAT with Oxygen by inserting a lean cycle, and every driving cycle a self test is conducted during one of the lean cycle lor.

It is possible the other component in the engine cause this error code lor, as one forumer pointed out in take lor, MAF etc.

As I suggested go buy a cheapo OBD reader, Torque app can check for pending error too.  The O2 sensors characteristics is also display.

Go online learning.  If not you are probably always paying for unnecessary repair lor .....

Yes... Workshop quote me 850 for a recon. Plus labour 140... Plus gst....

CAT is very ex due to the fact precious metal or rare earth is used lor.

Suggest you look see first lor.

Is the FC very high ? from before to now ?

The engine will charge up the CAT with Oxygen by inserting a lean cycle, and every driving cycle a self test is conducted during one of the lean cycle lor.

It is possible the other component in the engine cause this error code lor, as one forumer pointed out in take lor, MAF etc.

As I suggested go buy a cheapo OBD reader, Torque app can check for pending error too.  The O2 sensors characteristics is also display.

Go online learning.  If not you are probably always paying for unnecessary repair lor .....

still monitoring and looking around... But because of this fault, my VSC is disable also.. which is bothering me..

still monitoring and looking around... But because of this fault, my VSC is disable also.. which is bothering me..

If u druve safely n sanely, no need worry about vsc. All my rides till now wo vsc.
  • Praise 1

just a thought that comes to my mind....

the cat. is just piece of metal.... so should not be spoil... maybe there is a build up of carbon or others... is it possible to dismantle and give it a good scrub??

actually the FC now is much better.... i travel usually the highway. left with very slighly below 1/4 mark. i hit 620km liao

It is a piece of metal, yes.  But it is micron thick lor, deposit on a piece of ceramics.

It is a catalyst and it is EASILY poisoned by LEAD, SILICONE for example.

Give your engine a SPIRITED DRIVE this weekend, it really clean the CAT lor.

Go NSH always clean it ........ ALWAYS.

the cat. is just piece of metal.... so should not be spoil... maybe there is a build up of carbon or others... is it possible to dismantle and give it a good scrub??

actually the FC now is much better.... i travel usually the highway. left with very slighly below 1/4 mark. i hit 620km liao

It is a piece of metal, yes.  But it is micron thick lor, deposit on a piece of ceramics.

It is a catalyst and it is EASILY poisoned by LEAD, SILICONE for example.

Give your engine a SPIRITED DRIVE this weekend, it really clean the CAT lor.

Go NSH always clean it ........ ALWAYS.

i try already.. using the sports mode.... rev to 6k RPM before manaually change the gear... but saddly, the deposit is super stubborn.... refused to be clean off....

watch u tube, there are plenty of suggestions to clean cat converter, whether it works or not, it's up to you to try

you may get rid of carbon, but if the cat is already damaged, the precious metal contaminated or destroyed, then no amount of cleaning will help.

↡ Advertisement