Is it safe to travel to Jakarta?

Blacksnow

I'm flying to Jakarta tmr for a few days for work.

Anyone here familiar with the current situation there? Is it safe? I'm Chinese.

↡ Advertisement

How safe depends entirely on you.

I was staying at the Nikko in Jakarta and the protest was at the fountain across

from the hotel but never affected me. They didn't come into my room and disturb

me and when I went for food in the shopping centre opposite they didn't bother

me also. When I went to the office no one disturb me there.

I was in Bangkok when they were protesting and no one disturb me there too.

If I bump into any protesters on the street, I head straight for the nearest massage

shop and have a 3 hour massage. By the time I come out they are always gone.

I was hoping they shut down the airport in Bangkok so I don't have to come back

and work in Singapore but never had such luck.

Now just because I never had any trouble doesn't mean everyone will be safe.

If you go and join the protesters and disturb the police then you may not be safe.

:D  

• Praise 11

I'm flying to Jakarta tmr for a few days for work.

Anyone here familiar with the current situation there? Is it safe? I'm Chinese.

I am also travelling to jkt tmr morning, local colleague inform me protest ended n peaceful....
  • Praise 4

I was there yesterday. This protest was most peaceful among many i've seen. Protesters tried their best to be civil. Even brought along trash bags to pick up their trash, made sure no one got violent etc etc But of course there will always be cunts in large groups. So yes its safe but be smart.

• Praise 1

I was there yesterday. This protest was most peaceful among many i've seen. Protesters tried their best to be civil. Even brought along trash bags to pick up their trash, made sure no one got violent etc etc But of course there will always be cunts in large groups. So yes its safe but be smart.

I read there were torched cars, injured people and even a fatality

Doesn't sound very peaceful leh

• Praise 1

By their standards that is very peaceful :D
  • Praise 3

Since u already decided subconsciously then better don't go..
  • Praise 2

Stay within your work area and the hotel, you should have no problem.

Just don't go wandering near the protest area, you'll be ok.

• Praise 1

i would beg to differ. avoid unless necessary. try not to roam outside the hotel. you stick out like a sore thumb.

you never know what will develop as this is not some employment strikes. anyone sure they are equipped to handle the situation. anyone here going to guarantee your safety?

• Praise 2

This kind of protest can easily get violent easily but I think it is still safe to go. Biz trip to Jakarta is just office, airport, car and hotel.

Just don't itchy backside and walk around shopping. Just order room service will do.

• Praise 2

only a small minority were spoiling for a fight.

• Praise 2

How safe depends entirely on you.

I was staying at the Nikko in Jakarta and the protest was at the fountain across

from the hotel but never affected me. They didn't come into my room and disturb

me and when I went for food in the shopping centre opposite they didn't bother

me also. When I went to the office no one disturb me there.

I was in Bangkok when they were protesting and no one disturb me there too.

If I bump into any protesters on the street, I head straight for the nearest massage

shop and have a 3 hour massage. By the time I come out they are always gone.

I was hoping they shut down the airport in Bangkok so I don't have to come back

and work in Singapore but never had such luck.

Now just because I never had any trouble doesn't mean everyone will be safe.

If you go and join the protesters and disturb the police then you may not be safe.

This is call street smart. Probably you were sensitive enough to wear the correct tee shirt colour.., behave humble during the protest.

The most important you know how to seek refuge in massage parlour. In bkk and Jakarta most MP are control/aid by the underworld or police. Ordinary Joe and tom won't dare to disturb such places.

During haytai flood many years ago..I was trap inside the hotel room with my girl. I beg you, not fun at all. So to dream that you want to get trap in bkk due and not coming back to work..must think twice.

This kind of protest can easily get violent easily but I think it is still safe to go. Biz trip to Jakarta is just office, airport, car and hotel.

Just don't itchy backside and walk around shopping. Just order room service will do.

Yes room service for massage/food. Hahaha Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

This is call street smart. Probably you were sensitive enough to wear the correct tee shirt colour.., behave humble during the protest.

The most important you know how to seek refuge in massage parlour. In bkk and Jakarta most MP are control/aid by the underworld or police. Ordinary Joe and tom won't dare to disturb such places.

During haytai flood many years ago..I was trap inside the hotel room with my girl. I beg you, not fun at all. So to dream that you want to get trap in bkk due and not coming back to work..must think twice.

Yes room service for massage/food. Hahaha

I guess its no fun for your daughter to be trapped in the hotel room.

I would have chosen a nice Thai hottie to be trapped in the hotel room myself.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

I guess its no fun for your daughter to be trapped in the hotel room.

I would have chosen a nice Thai hottie to be trapped in the hotel room myself. [thumbsup]

Tonite no match you see bei eng..who on earth bring wife and children to hatyai for holiday? bkk still OK.. hatyai? Unless you saying go temple pray pray..haha

Haha my experience..the hotel ration the food and water for guest as well. No one to change bed sheet for days.. no internet..only mobile signal. Can't step out of the hotel..cause flood right at the hotel main entrance..

Tell me..what can you do?

By the way..hottie..trap in the room with you for days will also become coldies..

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

When I worked in MNC, I used to travl to Jakarta very often for work.

Sometimes there would unrest, but my company would just tell me stay within certain areas and you're be alright.

Some areas are tightly controlled by police, bcuz it's the business and important tourist area. They would not allow protest there.

Some areas you go, you're on own and risking your neck.

↡ Advertisement