Vietnam Airlines to Hanoi Chilling out at JW Marriott Hanoi

Boringchap

Brought the family for a quick getaway recently, and we chose to go to Hanoi for a quick getaway.  This was our first time in Hanoi. No idea what to expect.  The return flight to Hanoi on Vietnam Airlines looked reasonable (less than $1,000 for the four of us, so why not.  Let's do something different.  In this thread, I'll post the videos that I've been making from this trip, just 3 nights away.

At Singapore Changi, while waiting for our flight on VN660, spotted this Hello Kitty Eva Air Boeing 777.  This must be one of the cutest planes on the planet right now.  

This video is the flight review of Singapore to Hanoi on an Airbus A321 jet.  The flight time was just over 3 hours.  First time on Vietnam Airlines, and didn't know what to expect.  Turned out to be significantly better than expected.  Service was good.  Food was good.  Plane didn't have personal In-flight entertainment system, but that was fine, given that the flight was short (and the price was good).  Enjoy the video. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I flew Vietnam Air to Japan and to me the service was very good.

If you are on a tight budget can even try Vietjet if you don't mind

stewardess that dress like Boy Scouts. Me I don't mind cos I like

clean wholesome family image.

:D

vietjetair%20dai%20dien.jpg

• Praise 2

Vietjet even try to save weight so the plane burns less fuel.

They are just doing their bit to save the ice caps and polar

bears. I am not an environmentally unconscious person but

I support their green ways. Can you see how they are doing

their best to save weight on uniforms? I would like to give them

a big hand for doing good things.

:D

VietJet-Bikini-Airlines-4.jpg

Cool!

Im thinking of either a short trip to vietnam or cebu next march school holidays.

Camping here for more reviews. ^-^

Go Hanoi.  Their winter is cold.  I went in December 2 years ago very cold need to wear winter jacket.

bro, when you film the stewardes

do they see you as tiko? [sly][laugh]

just kidding

always enjoyed boringchap not boring video [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Landed in Hanoi safely, into their relatively new Terminal 2 (which is for international flights).  Immigration was quite smooth - there was a line but it cleared fast enough.  This short video snippet at the baggage claim.  Hanoi is one hour behind Singapore, so you can see the time was 1848hrs local time. 

Taxi Ride Hanoi Airport to JW Marriott Hanoi.  After exiting immigration and collecting our luggage, we headed outside the terminal and followed the signs to the taxi stands.  There was a long line of taxis waiting.  So we took one.  I told the driver to go by meter, and he said ok.  Make sure meter is running, because sometimes they don't use the meter and then will charge you an exorbitant amount at the end of your trip, which you never agreed to.  The video shows you how the meter looks like. The distance was about 30km, and the trip took about 45 minutes.  The first part of it was very smooth as it was a highway but once we got into highway, it was much slower due to traffic congestion, plus plenty of motorbikes!  A great relief when we finally arrived at the JW Marriott. The cost of the taxi ride was a bit over 400,000 VND, or roughly SGD$25.

Edited by Boringchap
  • Praise 3

Landed in Hanoi safely, into their relatively new Terminal 2 (which is for international flights). Immigration was quite smooth - there was a line but it cleared fast enough. This short video snippet at the baggage claim. Hanoi is one hour behind Singapore, so you can see the time was 1848hrs local time.

Taxi Ride Hanoi Airport to JW Marriott Hanoi. After exiting immigration and collecting our luggage, we headed outside the terminal and followed the signs to the taxi stands. There was a long line of taxis waiting. So we took one. I told the driver to go by meter, and he said ok. Make sure meter is running, because sometimes they don't use the meter and then will charge you an exorbitant amount at the end of your trip, which you never agreed to. The video shows you how the meter looks like. The distance was about 30km, and the trip took about 45 minutes. The first part of it was very smooth as it was a highway but once we got into highway, it was much slower due to traffic congestion, plus plenty of motorbikes! A great relief when we finally arrived at the JW Marriott. The cost of the taxi ride was a bit over 400,000 VND, or roughly SGD$25.

A word of advice. Reach the airport with a good amount of time before your flight departure.

The service attitude there is communist. They will not speed up just cos there's a queue. First airport in the world I had to queue like twenty mins just to enter the departure area.

• Praise 1

A word of advice. Reach the airport with a good amount of time before your flight departure.

The service attitude there is communist. They will not speed up just cos there's a queue. First airport in the world I had to queue like twenty mins just to enter the departure area.

That's interesting.  When was this?  Our flight back to Singapore was quite smooth, I will cover that later. 

That's interesting. When was this? Our flight back to Singapore was quite smooth, I will cover that later.

I was there in 2008 or 2009 I guess.

Was doing check in. I arrived early and checked in after some waiting. The queue to check in was super long. Longer than peak period Changi. But guess what. Only one counter open by the ground staff open for international travelers. Ha

Then had to queue to get into the departure area.

Was doing check in. I arrived early and checked in after some waiting. The queue to check in was super long. Longer than peak period Changi. But guess what. Only one counter open by the ground staff open for international travelers. Ha

Sounds awful.  I guess that would have been at the old terminal 1. The new international terminal (called Terminal 2) we used was only ready in Jan 2015.  Experience was not too bad.   

We arrived at the hotel and were quickly ushered up to level 6, which was the floor of the Executive club.  Yes, we booked a Club room.  They allowed us to squeeze 4 into a room, so why not.  Check in was very quick, and they were very nice to waive the 3rd person charge completely when they noticed that our kids were both below 12.  So that meant we only paid for 2 adults, though they knew all 4 of us would be staying in one room, and all 4 of us would have Executive lounge access, which was cool.

Here is a video of the standard club room walkthrough (we asked for 2 double beds).  The total cost for the 3 nights came up to 16 million VND, or about $1,000 SGD or around $333SGD per night. 

And yes, the club room had its own Nespresso machine too.

Here is the room service menu, to give you an idea of the prices for in-room dining.  We didn't order any.

They got their act together somewhat. There was an airport ranking some time back and VN airports, especially the one in HN fared quite badly. Somebody must have kenna f upside down, inside out.

One thing about them, the same shit can perpetuate but once it gets onto the international media, there'll be hell to pay for the offender.

• Praise 2

They got their act together somewhat. There was an airport ranking some time back and VN airports, especially the one in HN fared quite badly. Somebody must have kenna f upside down, inside out.

One thing about them, the same shit can perpetuate but once it gets onto the international media, there'll be hell to pay for the offender.

Yeah. Can see they didn't give an F then. There were staff at several counters but they only opened one lol.

We arrived at the hotel and were quickly ushered up to level 6, which was the floor of the Executive club. Yes, we booked a Club room. They allowed us to squeeze 4 into a room, so why not. Check in was very quick, and they were very nice to waive the 3rd person charge completely when they noticed that our kids were both below 12. So that meant we only paid for 2 adults, though they knew all 4 of us would be staying in one room, and all 4 of us would have Executive lounge access, which was cool.

Here is a video of the standard club room walkthrough (we asked for 2 double beds). The total cost for the 3 nights came up to 16 million VND, or about $1,000 SGD or around $333SGD per night.

And yes, the club room had its own Nespresso machine too.

Here is the room service menu, to give you an idea of the prices for in-room dining. We didn't order any.

Luxury! I stayed in those small hotels in the French quarter. 40 usd per night. Very decent for that price. Haha breakfast was the staff go next door order some pho if u wanted Vietnamese bf. Lol.