Singapore dropping F1..... tips welcome formula E

D3badge

wtf...i still saving up to attend just one time in my life and they are talking about dropping it already?

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I think this Bernie just action only try to corner Singapore into signing a new deal quickly. Whilst he is a shrewd businessman, he will meet his match in our negotiators who now no longer are so hard up of F1 as when we first bid for it. So it has to be fair terms or no deal. Can't be Bernie increasing his fees in dwindling attendance n poor economy environment can it?

If our negotiators are so good then they wouldn't have gotten this deal for us in the first place.

How can it be that we are paying to host a race that causes so much noise and inconvenience to our population, traffic and retailers? The only people that earn are the hotels and that before accounting for the increased taxes during that period.

I hope they cancel this deal even if f1 offers to pay us to host them.

wtf...i still saving up to attend just one time in my life and they are talking about dropping it already?

dun bluff, you sure got free tickets one <_<

If our negotiators are so good then they wouldn't have gotten this deal for us in the first place.

How can it be that we are paying to host a race that causes so much noise and inconvenience to our population, traffic and retailers? The only people that earn are the hotels and that before accounting for the increased taxes during that period.

Every F1 race hosted needs to be paid. If you don't want to pay then u don't host simple as that. Knowing our govt, I'm sure they have done their sums n find it's beneficial before they decided to bid. That said, it's been so many years already n thus the benefits of holding an F1 race may have diminished n so it has to be priced accordingly. Bernie is not stupid n neither are we. It has to be win win before a deal can be concluded.

Obviously, to hold an F1 City race will cause inconvenience to shops, public etc. The price of inconvenience I believe is calculated in the overall negotiation price n if no agreement is in place then no more F1 so my take is to let the authorities handle it n my point is Bernie doesn't have the ace in his sleeve anymore as it's a level playing field as we not that desperate to hold it anymore.

• Praise 9

How about going for free? Many ways how to do it.

Can even get paid too. Janitorial services?

Bernie is not so much as for his own benefit. You big boys make sure your workers get paid right.

All dem workers are Atlas to their family.

No kaba boom here. No kidnappings. No sabotage.

Who need who?

The Queen could drive one of those monsters around here.

We should just sell F1 newater at $50 bucks a pop, Enye.

Because AMDK hor

cutting down number of races also good for the drivers and their team [sweatdrop]

I think they not only need to cut down the number of races but also the stupid restrictions on the car itself. Bring back the screaming engines!!! Also do away all the stupid aerodynamic restrictions!!! Let the engineers develop the fastest car and allow other teams to copy the winning team design. [grin]

656455773096491184.jpg

• Praise 2

As peasants, we will not understand how the negotiator thinks.

W/o the noise, might as well get Formula E.  I am missing V12 3.5L of yesteryears.  20k RPM.

Since there is an large event in town, who call the peasants to ownself trouble ownself going into CBD?

Lastly, only non petrol head will make all these complaints.  I miss my old office in Centennial Tower.  We go home at 3pm on Friday when the supporting race starts.

I think they not only need to cut down the number of races but also the stupid restrictions on the car itself. Bring back the screaming engines!!! Also do away all the stupid aerodynamic restrictions!!! Let the engineers develop the fastest car and allow other teams to copy the winning team design. [grin]

656455773096491184.jpg

I stopped watching F1 since it is moved to 1.6L turbo.  It is too boring. 

I stopped watching F1 since it is moved to 1.6L turbo.  It is too boring. 

This weekend last race liao. Very exciting seeing which Mercedes driver lift the championship title.

Welcome to Abu Dabi!!!

• Praise 1

This weekend last race liao. Very exciting seeing which Mercedes driver lift the championship title.

Welcome to Abu Dabi!!!

I think Ros stretegy will follow behind Ham. He will not risk to challenge him.

As long as Ros cross the finishing line 5th place and above, a new champion for the 1st time.

He wanted this for very long already.... Likely no chance after 2016.

Red Bull is coming up strong for 2017. Not so easy for Mercedes thereafter.......

cutting down number of races also good for the drivers and their team [sweatdrop]

yes, old season of 17 - 18 races was just nice.

now overkill and over exposed.

however, new owner thinks more races is betterer ...   [bigcry]

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/f1-shakeup-new-owners-want-more-races/news-story/31371dcc07f80b1645fd5d15eea7ff53

Edited by Blueray

So since 2008, for 8 years, we have spent half a billion SGD just to host F1 night race.

the returns only benefited a very niche business and small groups
years after years ... the retail and F&B already given feedbacck that F1 did not drive their business upward ... may be a little spike and only to selected group

Every F1 race hosted needs to be paid. If you don't want to pay then u don't host simple as that. Knowing our govt, I'm sure they have done their sums n find it's beneficial before they decided to bid. That said, it's been so many years already n thus the benefits of holding an F1 race may have diminished n so it has to be priced accordingly. Bernie is not stupid n neither are we. It has to be win win before a deal can be concluded.

Obviously, to hold an F1 City race will cause inconvenience to shops, public etc. The price of inconvenience I believe is calculated in the overall negotiation price n if no agreement is in place then no more F1 so my take is to let the authorities handle it n my point is Bernie doesn't have the ace in his sleeve anymore as it's a level playing field as we not that desperate to hold it anymore.

Yes yes, I'm sure they have done their sums in the past. What I'm saying is that I feel they've done it wrongly. Wouldn't be the first time they screwed up (see the YOG calculations) for a big event.

Hope they don't screw it up this time around. 

yes, old season of 17 - 18 races was just nice.

now overkill and over exposed.

however, new owner thinks more races is betterer ... [bigcry]

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/f1-shakeup-new-owners-want-more-races/news-story/31371dcc07f80b1645fd5d15eea7ff53

Like fifa world cup. Football also in danger of over exposure.. too much spoil the cook