2017 Nissan Note e-POWER

primera38

Nissan Note e-POWER series hybrid launch in Japan on 2nd November 2017

JC08 mode fuel consumption of e-POWER-equipped vehicles in the 34.0km / L ~ 37.2km / L

01_s.png

02_s.png

03_s.png

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

In the engine room of the existing note, the power generator to be connected to the engine, traveling to perform the regenerative power generation "EM57" motor, integrated power train of e-POWER fit, such as a compact inverter to manage power in and out. The high-voltage lithium-ion battery to store the power for the drive is placed under the front seat

13.jpg

14.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

Source: http://car.watch.impress.co.jp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPSRE9e06wg

Edited by primera38
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It's weird. It uses a petrol engine to charge the batteries.

It's like riding an electric bike but you pedal to a dynamo to charge the battery. [laugh]

There used to be a car which used the same concept called Fisker Karma. The Fisker company has since closed down.

MTM4MjcxNzA4NDM5MTI3NDgy.jpg

This at least look sleek and sporty and not to mention fast. This Nissan Note.....pass.

Great concept.

As long as have petrol you can keep driving.

With plug in hybrid once you run out of battery

power, you cannot drive and need to change it.

:D

• Praise 2

If you are thinking there's a port to plug in for charging you will be sorely disappointed.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/02/nissan-note-e-power-ev-series-hybrid/

What's interesting about this Note e-POWER is that, despite effectively being an electric car with a gas generator, it doesn't have the option of being charged – it has no plug-in port. Instead, it relies entirely on the engine for electricity.

"Great" concept indeed.

Edited by Watwheels

I know its doesn't have a plug in port.

If you read my post I am exactly saying

the problem with the plug in 

is that when it run out of charge you are stuck.

With the range extender you can keep driving

as long as you have petrol.

Please learn to read properly before replying

to something you misinterpreted.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

I think they bring out this concept is to exploit some countries' vehicular tax system. If buyers register the car as an electric car they may not even have to pay road tax.

Similar in concept to a Chevy volt except the volt can plug in charge for range of 50 miles. Once depleted, got gasoline engine which runs the electric motor.

This enote interior looks a bit dated or maybe just the colour.

Nissan's e-Power: Brutal G-Forces In A Mini MPV

Bertel Schmitt ,   CONTRIBUTOR

I have written about the auto industry all my life.  

“It’s totally different from a conventional hybrid” said Nissan Co-CEO Hiroto Saikawa this morning in Yokohama, when he showed the new e-powered Nissan Note.

In a regular hybrid, the internal combustion engine still sets the wheels in motion as we have been used to for more than 100 years. The ICE is supported by an electrical motor, which draws its power from a battery. During braking, the electric motor turns into a generator, which charges the battery. The regenerated energy is the secret behind the hybrid’s great mileage.

In an e-powered car, the ICE no longer is tied to the wheels. The motor works as a generator, and charges a battery. The battery powers an electrical engine, which now finally can set things in motion. With that setup, the ICE can work at the revs most suited for low consumption. In case that’s reminding you of how the Chevrolet Volt works, then you are right. What’s so totally different then?

A hybrid used to require a lot of space in the cars, and a lot of money from the customer. Nissan shrunk the hybrid to the size of a regular engine, and it fits in the engine compartment of the Nissan Note, a Mini-MPV. Its battery is one twentieth the size of that of a Nissan LEAF, and it fits below the front seats without eating into the ample legroom of the rear passengers.

So what? The answer will be provided at a testdrive. When I took an e-powered Note on a quick spin through Yokohama this afternoon, a torquey 187.3 foot lbs electric motor delivered face-flattening-forces in tune of what is demanded in the ludicrous mode scene. The aggressively regenerating brake takes a little bit of getting used to. In the Note, we now brake with the accelerator. Take your foot off the gas, and it feels as if you slammed the brakes. If you don’t want to alarm your passengers, you will quickly learn to work the pedal with the tender touch of a piano player in a Chopin recital. With a little practice, the disk brakes will remain unused, and the mileage will soar.

Speaking of mileage, the stated 2.7 liter for 100 km according to the very optimistic Japanese standard would translate to 87.4 mpg U.S. if it could be easily converted, which it can’t. Nissan doesn’t have U.S. numbers, because the Note will be sold in the Japanese market only for the time being. “We’ll see how it is doing at home, then we’ll decide about going abroad,” Nissan spokesman Nick Maxfield told me today. The Note lists in Japan at 1,772,289 Yen [$17,155], proof that hybrid no longer equals expensive. Nissan seems to have a lot of trust in its pricing power: Customers will cross-shop the car with the Toyota Aqua, better known Stateside as the Prius C. The Aqua is similarly priced, and it is on place 2 of Japan’s salesparade. Bigger brother Prius takes #1.

I think they bring out this concept is to exploit some countries' vehicular tax system. If buyers register the car as an electric car they may not even have to pay road tax.

In Singapore, road tax is still needed as this is a petrol-electric car. It's electric motor is rated at 80kW and therefore road tax here is likely be around $370.

The torque is really impressive at 254Nm. Equivalent to a 2.5l NA petrol engine.

CO2 emission is at 68g/km therefore if the car is here, there is a $30k rebate. It may not enjoy the full rebate as the OMV for the highest spec is unlikely to be above $30k.

Japan list price for the highest spec is 2.244 million yen, it is about $29k OMV + 20% custom duty + $5k ARF + $53k COE + Dealer premium $15k = $108k

Fuel tank 41L x 34km/l = Manufacturer claim range 1394km

Will it be a good buy at $108k?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1