Will you marry her if she prefer to stay home & not working

AFV_V200

A friend is thinking of getting married.

He draws less than $3k pm and the woman makes slightly more than $3k pm.

He pays for everything when they date. He drives Uber off work so he can afford a trip to Korea (the woman chipped in with the cost too) and the woman insisted on flying Singapore Airlines when there are many cheaper alternatives. I see him so worn out from driving Uber and asked him not to do so anymore. Amazingly the woman did not stop him from doing so.

The woman wanted a flat to call her own when they marry despite the income they're drawing. She doesn't mind even if it is in a far flung location; friend works in town and friend stays at parents' place in Balestier which is pretty central.

Friend isn't willing to marry at this stage because he wants to establish his career but the woman gave him an ultimatum - do not waste her time if he doesn't want to get married.

Do you think he should marry her or dump her ass?

Sounds like the woman is serious about the relationship. I don't think her demands are excessive for the housing part.

After all with their income, getting a bto flat is a 3 to 4 year wait (I'm assuming no resale).

Your friend and her should have a frank talk about what's each other expectations. I really agree with not wasting the girls time if you think your life plans are different. Ladies once they hit 32 thereabouts really value drop ++

• Praise 2

I booked a trip to Korea in September. And the flights there. I flew Sq cos... Sq ranked 27 in worldwide flight safety.

Korean Air and the other one is ranked 46 and 49 on flight safety.

Taking Sq to Korea is 100 percent a rational choice hahaha

Keke... took korean air b4, very few airlines can match sq in terms if safety, hygiene

If have choice, will stick to sq coz trust their maintenance standards more

• Praise 2

Keke... took korean air b4, very few airlines can match sq in terms if safety, hygiene

If have choice, will stick to sq coz trust their maintenance standards more

i booked my flight 6 mths in advance for march holidays, SQ the cheap tickets are selling fast. KAL and Asiana still many many seats  [laugh]

confirm damn chio la. 

not chio this thread will not even be here.

chioh is in the eye of the beholder haha 

but agree with your assessment.

Edited by Lala81

Sounds like the woman is serious about the relationship. I don't think her demands are excessive for the housing part.

After all with their income, getting a bto flat is a 3 to 4 year wait (I'm assuming no resale).

Your friend and her should have a frank talk about what's each other expectations. I really agree with not wasting the girls time if you think your life plans are different. Ladies once they hit 32 thereabouts really value drop ++

its makes sense cos the girl wont want to wait too long also.

and the flat isnt too pricey since she didnt demand for a central location. and is a good investment imo

we have to give and take also...when men are older, doesnt mean got ladies want hor

Most important is whether you can be soul mates and in tune with each other.

If you are nothing else matters.

If you are not, even if it's a wife who guarantees you her employment for the next 30 years with an income that matches or is compatible to yours, it won't matter.

Women change with love - what they say initially won't really matter. 

My wife  is quite good looking and has great character, and she wanted someone tall, dark and handsome. In the end, she had me, neither tall, nor dark (OK maybe a little), nor handsome.

• Praise 3

Most important is whether you can be soul mates and in tune with each other.

If you are nothing else matters.

If you are not, even if it's a wife who guarantees you her employment for the next 30 years with an income that matches or is compatible to yours, it won't matter.

Women change with love - what they say initially won't really matter. 

My wife  is quite good looking and has great character, and she wanted someone tall, dark and handsome. In the end, she had me, neither tall, nor dark (OK maybe a little), nor handsome.

what's so difficult with dark?

Just go to the tanning salon come out all bronze ala louis koo  [laugh]

its makes sense cos the girl wont want to wait too long also.

and the flat isnt too pricey since she didnt demand for a central location. and is a good investment imo

we have to give and take also...when men are older, doesnt mean got ladies want hor

Men have longer shelf life, they can always go down the age gap.

My friends married or are marrying women 7 years younger than them. 

The women of my batch, if they aren't married now, let's just say I'm not expecting any wedding invitations anymore.

• Praise 1

Which lady don't want his partner to be tall dark and handsome? Just like guys want their partner to be tall fair and pretty...haha.

• Praise 4

Looking at more opinion before I make up my mind. Friends whom I had asked told me to get out. And yes I love her a lot but need to realistic of living cost in Singapore. Got hand got leg why don't work? Some friends of mine has back pain but still working.

I don't provide tai tai life style.

Very hard to advise on such things coz nobody else is in the relationship apart from you. But based on the facts that you provide, you have to consider that you may have to take care of not just bread and butter issues but also do plenty of household chores due to her back issue. She may even ask you for a maid in future despite not doing much. At some point in the marriage, you may want a kid and she isn't able to give you one. Ask her if she minds you adopting a child if she is not prepared to give birth, if she says no, I can only say this girl is a damn selfish person. I know some women who are only self-serving in a relationship and wants the guy to do everything but they do nothing. For the sake of your future happiness, do look beyond the exterior and study her character well before you commit.
  • Praise 2

if this type of malaysia char bo i dun mind, can sing at home and still make money   :wub:

tbn_58392_a.jpg

Aiya, even if she knows like the above now, she will get older.

epa04877509-local-swimmer-wearing-a-nylo

Become like that how?  :grin:

• Praise 1

Lower back pain??? Many people get it ... Ok - maybe there may be different severity levels

I've been having it for over 15-20  years or more now already

Just go polyclinic n get letter to see Ortho (or in my case it was Sports Medicine Doc)

If the pain is so severe already and not treated its kind of silly;  OK the MRI part cost me about $350 at CGH and with proper posture, pose and gait training/ rehab  or whatever you call it won't come to more than like $60-$70 including seeing the doctor each time and each physio costs only about $30-$40 max

I abused my body carrying very heavy loads when I was young like between 25-40 (don't we all??) , now I kenna payback time-my L3,L4,L5 and I think S1 quite bad shape

You need to get to the bottom of it, Lower back pain can be treated, IMO and even if cannot be treated.. make an informed decision. She has to learn the correct things about it and make changes in life style, way to walk, way to work, way to pick things up, strengthening core muscles or neglected muscles as things become worser if no treatment is done  

But time to time like once or twice a year i get that severe nerve impingment thingy if I have not picked up things in the correct way but I have learned to live well with it and I still do light sports       

just sharing my $0.02, it may vary accordingly to different people differently, good Luck Bro!!

• Praise 3

Not to stereotype but my cousin met a pinoy while at the bar in SG blahhhh, and they got married, now with a kid. He had to go back to her kampung and build a house (from scratch) for her family at Philippines to live in. She's not working, half hearted in doing housework (cousin's mum is helping her with it).

So basically all he does now is work to support the family, and her family. My aunt is concerned once she gets her PR status, the inevitable will happen lol.

Sorry to be mean... Your cousin is named "Carrot Head"?

I booked a trip to Korea in September. And the flights there. I flew Sq cos... Sq ranked 27 in worldwide flight safety.

I took Korean air biznass class, sibeh sart
  • Praise 1

I took Korean air biznass class, sibeh sart

a friend married a pinoy.

got her citizenship.

she disappear after that.

i think he saddle with bank loans up to 150k. declared bankrupt.

now working as a cleaner in chennai business park

if you see a cleaner with physical of a hulk ,scrubbing the toilet bowl

that's him

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 10
  • Dislike 1

Which lady don't want his partner to be tall dark and handsome? Just like guys want their partner to be tall fair and pretty...haha.

Haha thats everyone's dream but in reality..... [:p]

• Praise 2

Haha thats everyone's dream but in reality..... [:p]

in reality

you can go nite club for guys

or duck shop near bendemeer for gals or gay

can get what you want

just need to pay

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5