Camless Engine is coming!

Eyke

Supercharged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZWeNPi2XkE

"47% increase in power, a 45% increase in torque and a 15% reduction in fuel consumption."

"...no longer need parts such as the throttle body, camshaft, cam drive, timing gear and cover, wastegate, pre-catalytic converter systems and direct injection systems, helping to further reduce size, weight and complexity."

and in China car 1st!

http://koenigsegg.com/qoros-debuts-driveable-freevalve-qamfree-engine-at-2016-guangzhou-motor-show/

Edited by Eyke
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Soon this engine will be in china cars like chery. It will be duplicated and renamed to something like FreeVelva to show it is a knock off china imitation.

Supercharged

Just wonder,anything wrong with the electronics...the Engine....will be gone.

wait for gen 2; let Qoros go and put into production then troubleshoot 1st.

It's interesting. It doesn't require the camshaft, cam-drive system. Timing chain/belt is no longer an issue but the sensor on each intake valve....hmmmm... I'm not so worried about the electronics and actutator coz  similar systems are found in gearboxes. But plenty of sensors....not to my liking.

As co2 emissions gets stricter it's a matter of sooner car makers will adopt such cam-less engine tech.

if rotary engine is good why mazda stop and conti, japanese and korean car maker all still stick with piston?

Mazda will come up with a new Turbocharged Rotary engine soon.

Soon we will go back to using steam engines. That's provided the oil cartels don't murder the inventors of the next modern steam engine.

It's interesting. It doesn't require the camshaft, cam-drive system. Timing chain/belt is no longer an issue but the sensor on each intake valve....hmmmm... I'm not so worried about the electronics and actutator coz  similar systems are found in gearboxes. But plenty of sensors....not to my liking.

As co2 emissions gets stricter it's a matter of sooner car makers will adopt such cam-less engine tech.

if rotary engine is good why mazda stop and conti, japanese and korean car maker all still stick with piston?

The cam-less thingy is not talking about rotary engine lah.  It is still piston engine but dont use camshaft for opening and closing valves.  I got confused like you did before I watch the video.

Supercharged
(edited)

he like the automotive Lex Luthor: so smart, rich & bald...think i'm in love  [laugh]

Edited by Eyke

actually there's even a simpler design, with only a rotor and a stator called: electric motor [laugh]

Exactly.!

Its already clear the internal combustion engine is in the sunset of its life and its beyond me why anyone is looking to spend their $$$ on R & D for this...

Supercharged

Exactly.!

Its already clear the internal combustion engine is in the sunset of its life and its beyond me why anyone is looking to spend their $$$ on R & D for this...

as long as infra for electric vehicles not ready then ICE will still remain.

eg. Sg, unless u stay landed or office has charging point, how u gonna charge ur pure electric car?

↡ Advertisement