Hyundai IoniQ Hybrid

Yeobt

125k to 130k? zhun boh?

hyundai sg website put it as 140K plus...

prius is already 137k... hyundai will not price it below that and somemore its a new model...

Edited by Auron
↡ Advertisement

Pay more up front but save long run in petrol. 1 litre maybe can up to 30km ?

Not much real savings as the savings on petrol gets eaten up by the higher cost of hybrids in SG. You need to drive a lot like taxis in order to have good savings.

125k to 130k? zhun boh?

prius is already 137k... hyundai will not price it below that and somemore its a new model...

Where you see price?

Wow, $125K is high price. Is Kia Niro here yet? 

Yeah its kinda high... No idea about the Niro. If it does come, it will probably be end of 2017 bah considering it is going to be on sale early next year in US. 

125k to 130k? zhun boh?

Where did you see the price at hyundai singapore website?

Yeah its kinda high... No idea about the Niro. If it does come, it will probably be end of 2017 bah considering it is going to be on sale early next year in US. 

Where did you see the price at hyundai singapore website?

at the payment estimator link, there is a list of vehicles where you can select.

when selecting the vehicle, the price is shown. i select the ioniq, saw the price 140k+

125k to 130k? zhun boh?

Well they are silly if they want to compete with Prius price wise cos whilst they may be a new model, the Prius is an established Hybrid which is into its next generation already n thus has the experience n know how of what is expected of a hybrid n all the teething issues have been sorted out largely n like it or not the Toyota brand name is renowned so I won't buy this Hyundai unless they discount it to tempt me to try, my 2 cents....

• Praise 3

at the payment estimator link, there is a list of vehicles where you can select.

when selecting the vehicle, the price is shown. i select the ioniq, saw the price 140k+

I think that is just the listed price for the Ioniq. The list also contains veloster, i30 and i40 which they do not currently sell them. 

I was offered to place $5K as refundable downpayment for the $125K selling price to have the 1st pick when its officially out for sale. 

No one in the right mind to sell or buy that car at $140K.  [smash]

I think that is just the listed price for the Ioniq. The list also contains veloster, i30 and i40 which they do not currently sell them. 

I was offered to place $5K as refundable downpayment for the $125K selling price to have the 1st pick when its officially out for sale. 

No one in the right mind to sell or buy that car at $140K.  [smash]

oh... if u are offer 125k, then that should be more accurate... 

did they say estimated date available?

oh... if u are offer 125k, then that should be more accurate...

did they say estimated date available?

125k also mad! Toyota brand and Prius reliability at 130k plus is hard to beat!
  • Praise 1

Besides the impractical pricing, note the rear headroom is even lower than Elantra. Side note - iirc, Ioniq using lithium batt as opposed to Prius Nimh.

• Praise 1

Yup, it uses Li-Po batteries which is a significant weight saver, and space saver and it doesn't have memory effects. But it can catch fire ala Samsung Note 7.

I have taken a good look at the car on display when I went back for a service. The boot is very shallow, not very practical. The rear headroom is really low, too low for me (1.75 m). And the inside isn't my taste with the same design direction as the Tucson, i40, etc... prefer the Sonata and Elantra design.

I don't understand why if it's going to be a taxi, then it is an issue... lots of Prius taxis also... but Hyundai has a relationship with Comfort Taxis, so I guess we should have seen that coming from faraway... it makes sense for Comfort as they will only have one brand of cars in their stable. While it makes sense for Hyundai cos they will move thousands of units of what essentially is rather over-priced in Singapore... it in within $5000 of the Prius, and that's going to make people buying hybrids move to the Prius instead... it will take quite a while before the public associate hybrid with Hyundai...

But having said that, this is a groundbreaking model since the variants are PHEV, full EV and hybrid petrol-electric... all other car companies have different models and drive trains for each of the different models above... Hyundai is the first and the most ambitious to do a 3-in-1 design...

This is a 1.6 L class car... and it's almost $40,000 more than a base model Elantra... how to sell...

The Kia Niro also shares this platform...

from taxiuncle FB group

15267520_10154234197023224_6016766553977

Damn, the back looks quite swee especially in white. Such a waste to become taxi. Let them use the new prius instead lah, that one so ugly  [laugh]

The new Prius is so ugly I wonder how it got past the design stage... this Ioniq is really good looking at the rear but the front needs some work.

But the funny thing is i see many of them on the road....