Hyundai IoniQ Hybrid

Yeobt

how is this compared to vezel hybrid in terms of pickup and performance ?

is the adaptive cruise control better than the honda sensing ? 

• Praise 1

Driving Vezel Hybrid, paper timing is 8.5 seconds. It feels pretty quick and torquey to the electric motor boosting. The Ioniq may likely have a slower paper time but it will definitely be torquey as compared to its petrol cousins.

Honda Sensing has adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, collision warning, autonomous braking and etc, think the Ioniq has the first 3. They are useful and practical features, not gimmicks.

On the other hand, Vezel comfort is pretty bumpy and loves to lean during cornering, pretty sure the Ioniq fares better in comfort and handling. And aftersale warranty from AD vs Vezel PI.

Also has blind spot detector... this is a must in our really crowded roads especially when it's raining...

useful definitely...  

if it becomes a must...  driver needs to go back school..

pls dont be over reliant on new tech... 

Test drove the Ioniq last Saturday...

The car is very quiet and vibration free when during idle and on the move.

Cabin noise is kept to a minimum which is very impressive in my opinion.

In D-mode the car feels like any 1.6l on the road and pick up is just about right.

However when you push the gear knob to S-mode,you can feel the extra power coming in.

I am currently driving a 2.5l Mazda 6 and the Ioniq feels as effortless as my current car in picking up speed.

A pity though I have no chance to try the car at higher speed as the route is a very short distance.

Other than the boot which is a little small, It scores well in almost every other aspect.

The SE seems to be more eager to close the deal than to intro the car to me.

Keep telling me can give me more discount and can help to negotiate for a better deal if I am interested.

Ask him a bit about when the battery kicks in to assist the car also cannot answer and ask me to see the features of the car by myself as it is printed on the showroom car.

Hi,

Mind sharing what's the price offered to you?

Test drove the Ioniq last Saturday...

In D-mode the car feels like any 1.6l on the road and pick up is just about right.

However when you push the gear knob to S-mode,you can feel the extra power coming in.

I am currently driving a 2.5l Mazda 6 and the Ioniq feels as effortless as my current car in picking up speed.

A pity though I have no chance to try the car at higher speed as the route is a very short distance.

Other than the boot which is a little small, It scores well in almost every other aspect.

Keep telling me can give me more discount and can help to negotiate for a better deal if I am interested.

Ask him a bit about when the battery kicks in to assist the car also cannot answer and ask me to see the features of the car by myself as it is printed on the showroom car.

• Praise 1

Test drove the Ioniq last Saturday...

Can use my SE lar... he isn't pushy... and can tell you more about the car...
  • Praise 1

Can use my SE lar... he isn't pushy... and can tell you more about the car...

But I already test drive.

Will it create a conflict if I sign with another SE?

Am offered the same at $113,888, and also more discount, but never indicate how much more.

Am considering between the Ioniq and Vezel Hybrid, but Vezel Hybrid has no test drive available.

Find the storage areas in Ioniq rather lacking, smaller centre console box, no pull down utility slot on the right side of dash (pulled down the cover to find fuses and the OBD port!).

The free servicing covers only the labour. For the hybrid battery warranty, understand it covers both parts and labour, with unlimited number of replacement, and mileage clocked.

I've test driven last week, and am still waiting for my SE to reply on trade-in car price and the loan package. Maybe I should switch SE....

113,888 but he say can get more discount from that price...

You interested?

Am offered the same at $113,888, and also more discount, but never indicate how much more.

Am considering between the Ioniq and Vezel Hybrid, but Vezel Hybrid has no test drive available.

Find the storage areas in Ioniq rather lacking, smaller centre console box, no pull down utility slot on the right side of dash (pulled down the cover to find fuses and the OBD port!).

The free servicing covers only the labour. For the hybrid battery warranty, understand it covers both parts and labour, with unlimited number of replacement, and mileage clocked.

I've test driven last week, and am still waiting for my SE to reply on trade-in car price and the loan package. Maybe I should switch SE....

Yes it is the storage areas in the car that is a major letdown for me.

I will be making a trip down this weekend again to see if I can live with the small boot or not.

Didn't know that the free servicing is for labour only. My SE even offered me 5 years 'free servicing'.

Checking on the trade-in car price should not take more than 30min but my opinion is don't expect too much from Komoco. Your SE really CMI...

If I am not wrong, the interest should be 1.98% for 50% or more loan.

Anything lesser should be about 2.08% which is still lower than most AD offers.

• Praise 1

Yup the boot is rather shallow... I think you can only put one layer of luggage bags (full sized). Stacking is not possible. If you travel a lot, and especially to Malaysia, and lug along tons of luggage bags, then you'll have to reconsider lor...

• Praise 1

Yup the boot is rather shallow... I think you can only put one layer of luggage bags (full sized). Stacking is not possible. If you travel a lot, and especially to Malaysia, and lug along tons of luggage bags, then you'll have to reconsider lor...

Also battery under boot floor so no spare tyre right?

What i feel is, why get a feature that you wont use..

Cruise control is useful on an empty street, but adaptive cruisw control.. errr.

You wont know 1 day it ki siao and instead of slow down, it accelerate

I trust my leg on the brake more than the electronic on board. Hahahaha

Test drove the Ioniq last Saturday...

Cant blame the SE cos they are not used to sell hybrid. Esp for KM, SE are so used to just sell elantra and tucson.

Even in BM, only some SE can answer hybrid question. I have test drive prius twice, 1 really dunno anything, just keep saying toyota hybrid is most reliable. The other, very knowledgeable, know how the hybrid works, and the various modes and etc.

Yes it is the storage areas in the car that is a major letdown for me.

I will be making a trip down this weekend again to see if I can live with the small boot or not.

Didn't know that the free servicing is for labour only. My SE even offered me 5 years 'free servicing'.

Checking on the trade-in car price should not take more than 30min but my opinion is don't expect too much from Komoco. Your SE really CMI...

If I am not wrong, the interest should be 1.98% for 50% or more loan.

Anything lesser should be about 2.08% which is still lower than most AD offers.

Nv consider Niro?

What i feel is, why get a feature that you wont use..

Cruise control is useful on an empty street, but adaptive cruisw control.. errr.

You wont know 1 day it ki siao and instead of slow down, it accelerate

I trust my leg on the brake more than the electronic on board. Hahahaha

Cant blame the SE cos they are not used to sell hybrid. Esp for KM, SE are so used to just sell elantra and tucson.

Even in BM, only some SE can answer hybrid question. I have test drive prius twice, 1 really dunno anything, just keep saying toyota hybrid is most reliable. The other, very knowledgeable, know how the hybrid works, and the various modes and etc.

Nv consider Niro?

Ha..ha.. I am a sedan man.

Ioniq can easily pass off as a sedan but not the Niro.

Saw it at the motor show but did not have the urge to check it out.

Anyway I check out the Ioniq again yesterday and finally concluded that I have to give it up because of the small boot space. What a shame they do not have the option of tyre repair kit instead of a full size type in the boot. If not, it will be my number one choice...

If my karchng is very itchy right now, the choice would be between Mazda 6 and Passat...

Since the car show, the price of the Passat has dropped about 10K while the Mazda 6 remained the same. If it has dropped in tandem with the recent dropped in COE, I would have signed on the dotted line.

As for the Passat, I am not sure whether VW has really fixed the problem associated with their dual clutch gearbox. Definitely cannot afford to have my car in the workshop for days because of that.

I will probably wait a little longer for the launch of the new Camry and Insignia probably later this year.

↡ Advertisement