Hyundai IoniQ Hybrid

Yeobt

Was at showroom, now pre order $113,988.

Got driver memory seat, rear aircon, and front ventilated seat

I would say, low price, and feature rich.

Furthermore, they offer 10 year unlimited hybrid batt replacement, which they claim prius only entitled to 1 claim, which needs to be verified. Spacewise, on papet ioniq is bigger, but when i sat in both, prius feels bigger

• Praise 2

Furthermore, they offer 10 year unlimited hybrid batt replacement, which they claim prius only entitled to 1 claim, which needs to be verified. Spacewise, on papet ioniq is bigger, but when i sat in both, prius feels bigger

Now that is a more reasonable price... do you know whether it comes with Apple CarPlay?

Now that is a more reasonable price... do you know whether it comes with Apple CarPlay?

Nv ask.

But its has wireless charging for andriod phones.

Not sure how reliable it is. It claim much more superior performance than prius. Ioniq only 1st gen while prius alr 4th.

Running on DCT while prius CVT

And, also, sunroof :)

Thks for the info, that's a much fairer price. Someone posted earlier that it was much higher which was obviously not correct.

Anyway, think they can move some units at this price and the 10yr battery warranty is really peace of mind and a plus point for sure.

• Praise 5

If 114k is much more competitive. Hyundai must know they are going against the pioneer with almost 20years in the business of hybrid cars. So an approx 15k difference seems good.

Thks for the info, that's a much fairer price. Someone posted earlier that it was much higher which was obviously not correct.

Anyway, think they can move some units at this price and the 10yr battery warranty is really peace of mind and a plus point for sure.

The price was estimated... note that the COE dropped since the display model appeared in the showroom...

The price was estimated... note that the COE dropped since the display model appeared in the showroom...

I understand COE dropped but only $3k for Cat A and just under $7k for Cat B last round. Perhaps accumulatively over few rounds, its abit more but from the initial $125k-$130k to the actual $114k is quite a diff but nevertheless it's good news for prospective buyers cos the previous quoted price was into Prius territory. If you got any feedback on this car, pls post, thanks!

• Praise 8

As I said it was estimated... cos they had not tied down the configuration of the car so the OMV also not fixed yet mah... that alone could account for the $10,000 difference.

As I said it was estimated... cos they had not tied down the configuration of the car so the OMV also not fixed yet mah... that alone could account for the $10,000 difference.

Fair enough but I wouldn't want to estimate it and come up with a number close to Prius cos that would surely be an own goal if u ask me. Actually if the estimation came to within say $10k of Prius, I wouldn't even bother to import it cos it won't sell if u ask me.

I'm no Toyota fan but they are the world's leader in hybrid technology and their Prius has already been around for awhile so they have a head start n hence the premium attached to their Prius. That said, I'm glad Hyundai is in this hybrid game to give them a run for their money and I hope this car sells if anything, to boost Hyundai's name and show that the Koreans can also produce good cars!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 3

The thing is I think Hyundai does think it's a game changer...

I hope it is cos not many choices on entry level hybrids. Honda doesn't bring in hybrids anymore though they have Vezel hybrid in Japan so left with Toyota only if buying from AD.

High end Lexus has more choices but that out of average buyer's range.

• Praise 4

I hope it is cos not many choices on entry level hybrids. Honda doesn't bring in hybrids anymore though they have Vezel hybrid in Japan so left with Toyota only if buying from AD.

High end Lexus has more choices but that out of average buyer's range.

I hope so too... although at $114K it's not exactly entry level is it? I was hoping for an Accent type hybrid... now that would be entry level... decent enough to be a family car even though a bit small...

I hope so too... although at $114K it's not exactly entry level is it? I was hoping for an Accent type hybrid... now that would be entry level... decent enough to be a family car even though a bit small...

That price is Vezel hybrid territory albeit from PI. Don't think can get an Accent type hybrid cos hybrids are costly to produce n I guess they want a new middle range model to differentiate it. As long as got 10yr battery warranty, I think it can move units n assures confidence to buyers. Hope to read a review on this car soon.

• Praise 6

engineers are head hunted to anywhere that could pay them well. japan and korea are very near only. cross border is not uncommon.