Marbella KR5

Theoldjaffa

Starting a thread on this.

Just installed this, good price and meets my basic criteria of recording clear enough videos without paying extra for features I don't need, like GPS, lane departure warning etc.

Comes with screen and is very easy to configure. Has motion activated parking mode with auto cut off without requiring extra powermagic.

All in all, I feel it's quite good value for money.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just installed this, good price and meets my basic criteria of recording clear enough videos without paying extra for features I don't need, like GPS, lane departure warning etc.

Comes with screen and is very easy to configure. Has motion activated parking mode with auto cut off without requiring extra powermagic.

How much you paid ?? Any installation required ??

• Praise 2

How much you paid ?? Any installation required ??

$339 including installation (conti and some lux jap cars)

Else should be $299 including installation for normal jap cars.

If you wait till shows like Sitex or Comex etc, you'll get a better deal like better price or freebies etc. I missed out on that

• Praise 1

cheaper than Blackvue.  Does it have WIFI download like BV?

yup. there's an app for you to view videos realtime and to download the videos. can use the app to change camera settings as well.

• Praise 1

I just collected my KR5 yesterday and managed to get it installed right after my collection. I agreed with what Theoldjaffa comment on this and overall it's a very decent dashcam with power magic (I paid $100+) to install my previous Power magic and the previous power magic keep failed on me, don't know it was the installation or what but I was really frustrated.

Anyways the KR5 has the function in-built power magic and it's wifi + app is handy. 

Bro Theoldjaffa, how's the heat resistance like so far when you park under the hot sun? All my previous cam all can not make it [:(]  especially my office there is open space car park, no shelter at all.

• Praise 2

I'm keen on this too.  I see this selling in major IT stores.  Any place that sells lower than normal retail price? 

I think this model is made in korea. unlike the other models of marbella which are made in China. 

• Praise 1

I just collected my KR5 yesterday and managed to get it installed right after my collection. I agreed with what Theoldjaffa comment on this and overall it's a very decent dashcam with power magic (I paid $100+) to install my previous Power magic and the previous power magic keep failed on me, don't know it was the installation or what but I was really frustrated.

Anyways the KR5 has the function in-built power magic and it's wifi + app is handy.

Bro Theoldjaffa, how's the heat resistance like so far when you park under the hot sun? All my previous cam all can not make it [:(] especially my office there is open space car park, no shelter at all.

So far I always park under shelter. Therefore I can't comment yet.

Typically double sided mounting tape is stronger than suction cup. So I think the Marbella should hold up well.

Tried whole day under the hot sun and the camera was a bit hot and I was a bit worried when I just got into the car. The 3M sticker held up well and the KR5 connects back to the WIFI app seamlessly.

Checked all the settings and all my recording is all well captured.

Will post again on my testing

• Praise 2

I'm keen on this too. I see this selling in major IT stores. Any place that sells lower than normal retail price?

I think this model is made in korea. unlike the other models of marbella which are made in China.

Yup it's made in Korea, not China.

How much is it selling for at the major IT stores?

Most workshops charge about $100 for installation of 2ch, you can work out the math yourself.

Tried whole day under the hot sun and the camera was a bit hot and I was a bit worried when I just got into the car. The 3M sticker held up well and the KR5 connects back to the WIFI app seamlessly.

Checked all the settings and all my recording is all well captured.

Will post again on my testing

Are u using the bundled 16gb memory card or your own?

Yup it's made in Korea, not China.

How much is it selling for at the major IT stores?

Most workshops charge about $100 for installation of 2ch, you can work out the math yourself.

Are u using the bundled 16gb memory card or your own?

I use my own SD card, I got so many 32GB card from my previous camera. My friend asked me about the installation tonight and I told him maybe he can save $50 by hooking up the rear camera himself?

Thank you for sharing about this piece of car cam.  Through your thread, I googled and found out it was currently on promo and bought from Autobac at promo price but got it installed at another of agent's (Maka Technologies) authorised dealer i.e. Auto Edition @ SGD50 for both front and rear i.e. $25 for each applicable to a normal saloon car. Autobac charges $50 for each side. There are many authorised dealers but some like Auto Edition does not seem to carry them for now. Perhaps it is still very new in the market.

Have yet to test but guess it should be ok value at SGD279/- for front and rear cam with Wifi etc..  The downside is that the rear cam records in mirror image i.e. the vehicle no. plates are seen from left to right and drivers seem to be driving left side of the roads rather than the right. Hope this can be resolved in the near future.

Here's the link for more info on this car cam retailers etc.. MARBELLA KR5

Cheers and drive safe. [wave]

Edited by Neutralsg
  • Praise 1

@Theoldjaffa

I just bought this last week for my new ride. Going to install this Saturday. Any issues thus far??

Also, may i know what voltage did you set the camera to auto cut off during parking mode? According to user manual, there are 5 options.

Thanks!

• Praise 1

@Theoldjaffa

I just bought this last week for my new ride. Going to install this Saturday. Any issues thus far??

Also, may i know what voltage did you set the camera to auto cut off during parking mode? According to user manual, there are 5 options.

Thanks!

Hi there

So far no issues. Cam works great.

Only today I parked in the hot sun, the camera shut down due to heat. I saw the message when I came back

I set to the highest voltage. I think 12.x or something

@Theoldjaffa

Thanks!

no issues for me thus far on day 5. Using the default voltage cut off, which should be 12.3 or 12.4 if i recall correctly(highest value).

• Praise 1

Wow. Thanks both of you for the ultra quick replies!!

From my cam research, found out that most of the bigger brands like blackvue iroad typical voltage cut is 11.8 or 12.0, so was pleasantly surprised to see that kr5 allows way higher than that.

Total noob when it comes to this. First time getting dashcam

• Praise 1

Hi there

So far no issues. Cam works great.

Only today I parked in the hot sun, the camera shut down due to heat. I saw the message when I came back

I set to the highest voltage. I think 12.x or something

Hi. May I know what sensitivity did you set for event and parking recording? Default is at 6.

I just installed a while ago. Saw some event videos which are nothing. Camera also kept double beeping.

Hi. May I know what sensitivity did you set for event and parking recording? Default is at 6.

I just installed a while ago. Saw some event videos which are nothing. Camera also kept double beeping.

Oh I kept most settings default.

I turned off the beepibg sound.

↡ Advertisement