Marbella KR5

Theoldjaffa

I bet there are lemons in every product you buy. This is just pure luck I guess.

I remember i have a friend who bought a car with "4 rings". And guess what it was a lemon.

Lotsa problem since she got the car. And best of all, they never solve her problems.

Ended she sold it off after a year of driving for another brand.

My Marbella KR5 works really well even till this day. No regrets.

I hope so.My first time using a marbella product.I am satsified with the video quality so far
↡ Advertisement

My tx2 wifi broke down after 2 days.i went back to do an exchange and the new set works perfectly good with my sd card.shocking to know the quality of marbella.

For tx2, did u try the motion detection. mine got problem.cannot detect moving thing when stationary

For tx2, did u try the motion detection. mine got problem.cannot detect moving thing when stationary

I have no idea on that.mine is connected to the ignition.

I have no idea on that.mine is connected to the ignition.

finally my dash cam Marbella TX2 is working with motion detection when stationary. I'm using Power magic Pro to cutoff voltage when voltage low. All DIY .even lying of cables.

How many of you guys installed an external power pack? And if not, hows the effect on the car battery?

Just got a KR6 installed on my ride and i did not get the power pack (quoted $260 for mightycell). Recommended to get one to not shorten the lifespan of my car battery, but i thought i would try out without the battery pack for the next few months and see how.

Neutral Newbie

Using TX2 here too. Anyone find the beeping from the TX2 excessive, or too frequent? I can't find anything to show me how to turn it off.

Grateful for any help.

:)ac

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Starting a thread on this.

Just installed this, good price and meets my basic criteria of recording clear enough videos without paying extra for features I don't need, like GPS, lane departure warning etc.

Comes with screen and is very easy to configure. Has motion activated parking mode with auto cut off without requiring extra powermagic.

All in all, I feel it's quite good value for money.

How much you paid

• Praise 1

Starting a thread on this.

Just installed this, good price and meets my basic criteria of recording clear enough videos without paying extra for features I don't need, like GPS, lane departure warning etc.

Comes with screen and is very easy to configure. Has motion activated parking mode with auto cut off without requiring extra powermagic.

All in all, I feel it's quite good value for money.

Hi,

How is your KR5 holding up after more than a year of use ? my trusty ITB-100 is dying and in need of a replacement.

video still clear ? any fogging issue.

Separately, did anyone managed to get this unit working in 1ch mode ? my rear is a ITB-100 all wired up.

thanks

• Praise 1

Hi,

How is your KR5 holding up after more than a year of use ? my trusty ITB-100 is dying and in need of a replacement.

video still clear ? any fogging issue.

Separately, did anyone managed to get this unit working in 1ch mode ? my rear is a ITB-100 all wired up.

thanks

Hihi

I changed to an iroad q9 in Feb. Nothing wrong with the cam itself, but the iOS software sucks.

Also, I can't properly export videos out to view.

Need to physically take out the sdcard, view from PC viewer, copy out. Very troublesome.

With iroad I can view and download straight into the Photo app in my iPhone and upload into YouTube.

The cam itself is good. But overall user experience when downloading is not.

Hihi

I changed to an iroad q9 in Feb. Nothing wrong with the cam itself, but the iOS software sucks.

Need to physically take out the sdcard, view from PC viewer, copy out. Very troublesome.

With iroad I can view and download straight into the Photo app in my iPhone and upload into YouTube.

Thanks for sharing.

Hihi

I had the same experience too and I called their office and their staff told me that there is a new mobile app they have re-designed and upload it on the Apple and Google Playstore recently. The new app name is called “Marbella DVR” and I downloaded the new app.

Now I can finally share the video through Whatsapp, FB and upload it to Youtube or Google Drive without taking the card out from my Marbella.

Worth trying the new improved apps as there are quite a number of function improvement especially for IOS.

• Praise 2

Just installed my KR5 this weekend, and I must say for its price range it is overall a rather good product if you don't need all the fancy additions like GPS etc (there is Google maps for that!). Didn't have much trouble setting up the app on my phone, and the recording is clear. I got the camera separately for $249 and had it installed at one of their authorised workshops in Sin Ming. While at the workshop, I saw some Pioneer ICE and now I'm thinking if I should change my ICE although my ride has 5 years left.  [:p]

The only thing I can't decipher, though, is that beeping sound. My camera will do a double beep suddenly, maybe once or twice throughout a 15-20 min drive, and for the life of me I have no idea why it is beeping.

I read somewhere that this camera has lane departure warning, is the beeping due to lane departure? Or rather, how does the camera warn me if I depart from my lane? 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just installed my KR5 this weekend, and I must say for its price range it is overall a rather good product if you don't need all the fancy additions like GPS etc (there is Google maps for that!). Didn't have much trouble setting up the app on my phone, and the recording is clear. I got the camera separately for $249 and had it installed at one of their authorised workshops in Sin Ming. While at the workshop, I saw some Pioneer ICE and now I'm thinking if I should change my ICE although my ride has 5 years left. [:p]

The only thing I can't decipher, though, is that beeping sound. My camera will do a double beep suddenly, maybe once or twice throughout a 15-20 min drive, and for the life of me I have no idea why it is beeping.

I read somewhere that this camera has lane departure warning, is the beeping due to lane departure? Or rather, how does the camera warn me if I depart from my lane?

I think if I am not wrong it's the g sensor that is working. It will alert you when you do sudden braking, go over a hump too hard or get into an accident. All the files will go into the event folder.

You can set to less sensitive via the Marbella DVR app.

The lane departure feature you need to activate to have the function. Personally, I turn this feature off. Very annoying. Like a naggy old auntie keep teaching you how to drive.

Edited by Mad_Max_2000
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I just collected my KR5 yesterday and managed to get it installed right after my collection. I agreed with what Theoldjaffa comment on this and overall it's a very decent dashcam with power magic (I paid $100+) to install my previous Power magic and the previous power magic keep taşıt kredisi failed on me, don't know it was the installation or what but I was really frustrated.

Anyways the KR5 has the function in-built power magic and it's wifi + app is handy. 

Bro Theoldjaffa, how's the heat resistance like so far when you park under the hot sun? All my previous cam all can not make it [:(]  especially my office there is open space car park, no shelter at all.

So far I always park under shelter

I think if I am not wrong it's the g sensor that is working. It will alert you when you do sudden braking, go over a hump too hard or get into an accident. All the files will go into the event folder.

You can set to less sensitive via the Marbella DVR app.

The lane departure feature you need to activate to have the function. Personally, I turn this feature off. Very annoying. Like a naggy old auntie keep teaching you how to drive.

Above in red is a good explanation.

Indeed the frequent beeping is usually from the sensor caused by shocks over humps or even heavy braking besides impact upon collision.

↡ Advertisement