Peak-hour Parking Charges @ HDB car parks

zipping

Kovan area, the peak hour is 7am to 10:30pm. Monday to Sunday. Practically whole day is peak hour. Even erp don't have this type ridiculous timing for peak hour.

• Praise 2

Kovan area, the peak hour is 7am to 10:30pm. Monday to Sunday. Practically whole day is peak hour. Even erp don't have this type ridiculous timing for peak hour.

Those few carparks for Kovan area seems to be under Aljunied GRC.

Edited by Sx4falcon

this car park is quite small and crowded, usually from 10plus am already full. 

Those few carparks for Kovan area seems to be under Aljunied GRC.

Don't need to turn it into political issue. It's under Aljunied GRC, but HDB is in charge of the whole Singapore right? Since when got separate HDB for opposition wards?

I also lan lan have to accept this peak hour charge, but I'm most unhappy that it was SNEAKED IN together with increased parking rates. This kind of attitude quite cheap and disgusting. Want to be WHITE to show transparency and no corruption, but always do such dirty stunts.....

They will tell you, Our parking charges are the cheapest in the (region/world/choose one), thus will not be possible to lower.

i can only partially agree on this statement. car ownership is a package. they may have expensive parking charges but their car price maybe much much lower. we can have low parking charges but our car price is super high. so i would rather have high parking in exchange for lower car price. 

our cars are 2-3 times more than other countries.. so assuming saving from car is 50k sgd.. this amount over ten years is 5k sgd.. and per month is about 420sgd... to offset.  i think still worth it. especially so with more expensive cars

• Praise 1

Like that it will not long before we see the same system being implemented everywhere under our dear govt rule:

- Crowded polyclinics?  Raise consultation charges during peak hours

- Crowded MRT/Buses? Raise fare during peak hours (now MRT is the opposite, lower fare during off-peak)

then soon as our private sector takes lead from our leaders...

- crowded food court cannot find seats? Raise food prices during peak hours

haha , good idea , what to do , they are the maker of rule , anyway nowadays we just need to top up our cash card and I think a lot of ppl don't even know if they deduct more . 

So we can drive our cars to say New York or London and pay the highest parking in the world?

My point is, why do we need to compare to other countries to set our own parking charges?

If it is about the government coffers, say so. Don't hide behind some lame ass excuse and bring grandmother grandfather in to compare when there is no basis of comparison. <_<

*my rant is not against you @Nzy :D

Carpark charges can compare with other countries but our ministers pay can't do likewise? Disgusting
  • Praise 1

Please dont complain on the higher parking charges, cause i believe they surely tell you we have the lowest parking charges in this planet. And count yourself lucky that you are not staying in countries like HK etc where the parking charges is at least $10 an hour, and we are still very far from it lo. Lol.  :a-happy:

if wan to compare until like that then, i can jolly well say in HK and Tokyo, there is no COE and the cars can be driven as long as you like..... how about removing COE in SG and raise the parking fees instead...

• Praise 1

Now talk a lot but come 2020 will there be any change?

For me I always no change... because I am supporting change  <_<

Come 2020 sure have some temporary change, and only for that period. Lol.  [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Come 2020 sure have some temporary change, and only for that period. Lol.  [rolleyes]

ya.. the worst is we complain and complain and in the end still vote for them.

• Praise 1

If I am not mistaken, most the the HDB carparks are subcontracted to Wilson Parking to manage. They will tell us that this is subjected to market conditions. Already, free parking is almost non-existence here. 

If I am not mistaken, most the the HDB carparks are subcontracted to Wilson Parking to manage. They will tell us that this is subjected to market conditions. Already, free parking is almost non-existence here. 

I dont think peak hour charges was implemented by Wilson parking. Reason being these are HDB owned carparks, they subcontract out to manage only. Hence, HDB should be the one who implement the charges.

After hundreds of million spent on electronic CP, and you still expect FREE Parking ??

But never mind, there are always a way.  Thunder will strike them, when it does, FREE Parking lor.

My place here CP is FREE Parking on every thunder day lor ....... thunder and heavy rain, best lor

Singapore is one of the countries with the highest thunder days.

May thunder strike them all.

↡ Advertisement