COE Bidding – 1st Round of Jan 2017

Hachi

Nobody knows. Some who have change to new rides will say economy still ok and COE will go up. Those waiting to change will say economy may be turning bad will say COE likely to drop. And then there is some will say COE will hover at the current price range........... I really dunno and I believe many also dunno but trying to say as though we all know. Sharks......what am I saying.

• Praise 2

Though COE price have increased last round after heavy booking experienced by dealers, COE price last round was still the second lowest over the last many months. There is still chance that COE will continue to decline. 40+k should be a reasonable expectation. But i am realistic not to expect COE to crash. And dont wait for that last train that will never arrive.

• Praise 3

50k there abouts is the support level that our garment is willing to let their COE income (read: garment income) fluctuate.

Sustained level of low 40sK or risk going down below 40sK will see them come in with measures to boost it back up (eg, tighten quota further, lift loan restriction and many other tools under their utility belt).

• Praise 2

Guys, lets start, my car left around 8 months...2017 might be a bad year....What do you think???

Since it's 8mths left may not worth much so I would take a chance and wait. I sold my ride with 13 mths to go cos found the car we like and price affordable . But back then if I were to go less than 12mths i was planning to go all the way to scrap and take a chance hoping coe will correct .
  • Praise 2

Though COE price have increased last round after heavy booking experienced by dealers, COE price last round was still the second lowest over the last many months. There is still chance that COE will continue to decline. 40+k should be a reasonable expectation. But i am realistic not to expect COE to crash. And dont wait for that last train that will never arrive.

Agreed to a certain extent... At most, I still continue looking for >9 years old manual car and keep the low depreciation. 

So far so good....

A few months ago, when i try to sell my left 3 months swift sport...It seems like not many got cash on hand...Maybe the target audience I am looking belongs to the lower tier...Many requested rent, COI or instalment when my asking price is less than 8k....

Cat A = 45k

Edited by Hachi
  • Praise 1

50k there abouts is the support level that our garment is willing to let their COE income (read: garment income) fluctuate.

Sustained level of low 40sK or risk going down below 40sK will see them come in with measures to boost it back up (eg, tighten quota further, lift loan restriction and many other tools under their utility belt).

I dont think govt will ever relax the car loan again for the coming next 2 years. Just reviewed it on the end may 2016 this year and LTA/MAS/govt is not like our neighbour who keep on flip prata and indecisive . 

The reason why MAS tighten the rule in 2013 is a measure to encourage financial prudence and to safeguard borrower to default their payment.

• Praise 1

Will decline. Dealers in fact maintained the pricing and some even reduced price. Instead.
  • Praise 1

Since it's 8mths left may not worth much so I would take a chance and wait. I sold my ride with 13 mths to go cos found the car we like and price affordable . But back then if I were to go less than 12mths i was planning to go all the way to scrap and take a chance hoping coe will correct .

Agree. You will get very little above scrap for your car. My car had 4 months to go and I was offered just a few hundred above PARF. As long as your car is in good condition, you might as well wait until closer to the date and as general view is that COE will likely come off CNY.  I think 8 months is good timing if economy continues to remain weak. Your risk is that deep pocketed Uber/Grab and increase in COE renewals will decrease supply of new COEs.

• Praise 1

Go in when the price is comfortable. 2017 COE quota will be lesser than 2016. Global economy is weak but doesnt look like crashing soon and US is currently doing very well.

• Praise 3

My prediction for the 1st round in January 2107 may still slight ups for CAT A and CAT B in a region of S$500+-.  The COE will still range between S$50K likely until mid-year.

I've hearsay that SG already now on the technical recession and may suffer a recession for the next 3 years.

• Praise 2

This is the 'usual' thread to predict COE? Okok, look legit. hahaaa

My prediction both CAT will go lower, only marginally lower.

CAT A $48K

CAT B $50K

• Praise 3

After CNY, it will fall. 2 SE updated me their pricing for CATB, 1 increased by $1K while the other kept their price as last week. The signs are there that it will fall. By how much, I don't think anyone will know.

• Praise 2

Guys, lets start, my car left around 8 months...2017 might be a bad year....What do you think???

Bad is relative. Bad in the economic sense or bad in the sense COE will remain high?

Specific to COE, my approach would be to hope for the best.. COE at 30 K but expect the worst... COE hovers at high 40Ks to low 50Ks.

• Praise 2

After CNY, it will fall. 2 SE updated me their pricing for CATB, 1 increased by $1K while the other kept their price as last week. The signs are there that it will fall. By how much, I don't think anyone will know.

It doesn't matter it falls or not, coe is there to stay. Who does not want to collect over $400m a month? 

And to the car dealers, when coe goes high, they reduce a bit of their profit margin and once coe goes down they increase back their profit margin.

Edited by AltisOwner
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1