COE Bidding – 1st Round of Jan 2017

Hachi

After CNY, it will fall. 2 SE updated me their pricing for CATB, 1 increased by $1K while the other kept their price as last week. The signs are there that it will fall. By how much, I don't think anyone will know.

mazda 3 and Altis dropped price, Kah HRV up by 1k only. It's a obvious sign will fall. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

After CNY, it will fall. 2 SE updated me their pricing for CATB, 1 increased by $1K while the other kept their price as last week. The signs are there that it will fall. By how much, I don't think anyone will know.

mazda 3 and Altis dropped price, Kah HRV up by 1k only. It's a obvious sign will fall. 

Guys, lets start, my car left around 8 months...2017 might be a bad year....What do you think???

Why don't you at least include some info about the previous bids like other thread starters bro?

Anyways

45-50k for Cat A and B.

It's too late for CNY, looming recession, and a lack of Uber participation are my reasons.

If Uber jumps in, and there are some leftover people who got their bonuses and are still buying, then both Cat A and B will hover around 50k or so.

• Praise 1

i continue to bet coe will fall to the low $40 within the next few bids. as to whether it will hit below $40, we will know by March.

What's the bet? One bungalow? I bet definitely above 40 dollars..
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

I dont think govt will ever relax the car loan again for the coming next 2 years. Just reviewed it on the end may 2016 this year and LTA/MAS/govt is not like our neighbour who keep on flip prata and indecisive . 

The reason why MAS tighten the rule in 2013 is a measure to encourage financial prudence and to safeguard borrower to default their payment.

then why MAS relax the rule end-may 2016?

gahment is very decisive when they want to collect more money.

• Praise 1

then why MAS relax the rule end-may 2016?

gahment is very decisive when they want to collect more money.

If MAS don't relax, the COE might crash to below 10k. They already see it coming with over 30% of vehicle population going to be scrapped within these 2 years.

My feel is that it will start to trend down. Perhaps both CATs down by $1-2K

Reason being it's the Xmas and New Year weekend, so lesser "traffic".

Perhaps some might wait for the motorshow.

Economy is indeed not so good.

• Praise 1

i continue to bet coe will fall to the low $40 within the next few bids. as to whether it will hit below $40, we will know by March.

You are more optimistic(you meant to suggest low 40k?) than me. I only dare to guess mid 40k. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

My feel is that it will start to trend down. Perhaps both CATs down by $1-2K

Reason being it's the Xmas and New Year weekend, so lesser "traffic".

Perhaps some might wait for the motorshow.

Economy is indeed not so good.

No need to guess. Just benchmark a year ago. Lowest coe for cat a & b for last year is around Dec and Jan period. After that, coe start climbing up until those willing to pay buyer are cleared Edited by Axela72

I give up guessing month to month figures because i have never been correct. Instead,  I note down the January Average COE results of the past few years for reference. Lets play the guess game from here  [laugh]  [laugh]

Year    CAT A     CAT B

2013    91k         95k

2014    72k         78K

2015    65k         75k

2016    48k         52k

2017    ?               ?

Edited by Ct3833

My Guess

CAT A to fall slightly and CAT B Up 1K. Reason is there were 800 unsuccessful CAt B bid last round out of 1200 coe. I think there are a lot of potential buyers out there in 2017 waiting for COE to crash before gluing in. Not many booking from now till next motor show. At least I think that way.

No need to guess. Just benchmark a year ago. Lowest coe for cat a & b for last year is around Dec and Jan period. After that, coe start climbing up until those willing to pay buyer are cleared

This year CNY is January

I dont know how appropriate it is to relate people getting bonuses to whether they buy car a not. Because the one time year end bonus will only help them with the downpayment only. Unless they are short of cash for downpayment but their monthly salary can sustain the monthly instalment?

• Praise 1

I dont know how appropriate it is to relate people getting bonuses to whether they buy car a not. Because the one time year end bonus will only help them with the downpayment only. Unless they are short of cash for downpayment but their monthly salary can sustain the monthly instalment?

Well you know, some bros' year end bonus is enough to buy a few cars..

Well you know, some bros' year end bonus is enough to buy a few cars..

I m not expecting this bunch of ppl to contribute n affect a lot the overall statistics of ppl buying cars.

I'm looking at how much is my salary increment... If there is any... :p

• Praise 1

My Guess

CAT A to fall slightly and CAT B Up 1K. Reason is there were 800 unsuccessful CAt B bid last round out of 1200 coe. I think there are a lot of potential buyers out there in 2017 waiting for COE to crash before gluing in. Not many booking from now till next motor show. At least I think that way.

This year CNY is January

What you mentioned also very true. Who will buy car these two weeks when they should had bought it last two weeks ago when AD slashed their prices. Plus they won't be able to get it for CNY

• I think a more sensible strategy is to GUESS what is this weekend's 4D winning numbers, strike it BIG and buy your dream car.  [:p]

• Guessing the next bidding's COE pricing will get you nowhere  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2