COE Bidding – 1st Round of Jan 2017

Hachi

The economic cycle is on the downside now but once it gets better prices may go up again ..

Economic down that's why we see 50k coe,if good,i think we will see the 60 to 70k region again.

So we want economic good or bad?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

The point is, COE is not going to crash .

a few simple reasons y it won't crash:

1. Open bidding: a lot of vultures (like some of us here) will swoop in to bid if it looks very low

2. Dealer bidding: there's no incentive for dealers to bid below the COE rebate level coz any lower they have to rebate buyers

So dropping of coe maybe it is due to economic no good for the past 1-2 years? So if the economic gets better, coe might go back to high 50k to 60k level?

When the economy recovers, and the quota of COE doesn't keep up, you can bet that people will keep bidding, and that will mean a higher COE..

Sometimes wait and wait also problem.

Wait 6mths to 1yr for coe to drop 3k,but my old car depreciation 6mths to one yr is 6k to 10k,so is really LPPL unless those folks with 10yrs loan then I got nothing to say.

No point waiting for shit to drop right?

If car due to scrap - just go get your next car!

- buy new car and stop pissing around on COE timing

Maybe those people might able to wait for such a day come?! Cause coe indeed is dropping over the years le, from last time 70-80k to now 50k. Lol.

What goes up must come down and what comes down must go up. Is only when and by how much. COE 10 years ago was less than 20K, up to 90 k if I am not wrong and the lowest in recent years was 38 k.

U guys seem optimistic that it will go down but unfortunately I don't see it this way cos there is backlog of orders from the last bidding n dealers would want to secure the COEs before the motorshow which would likely spike up the COE even further with the anticipated sales from the show n the new models being introduced. Also this would likely be the last bidding before the CNY for dealers to deliver the car as promised.

IMO, I only see COE coming down perhaps from March bidding exercise only cos likely need few rounds to clear the Motorshow sales as well. My 2 cents n good luck to those who r bidding.

I agree with you fully. This round should be up

• Praise 1

a few simple reasons y it won't crash:

1. Open bidding: a lot of vultures (like some of us here) will swoop in to bid if it looks very low

2. Dealer bidding: there's no incentive for dealers to bid below the COE rebate level coz any lower they have to rebate buyers

If dealer bid lower than rebate level, their name will be very prominent in MCF.

Instant shot to fame. :D

Aiya this coe prenium crash topic has been around since 2015. My advice, book ur favorite car when there is a sudden few k drop in coe/car price.

Price should be quite stable, if buying another 1-2yr car like vios which dep 14k pa just to wait for coe drop is stupid. If ur car coe expire next yr or so, just wait. Cause I doubt the coe price will increase, it will be ard $50k > till 2018

• Praise 1

Economic down that's why we see 50k coe,if good,i think we will see the 60 to 70k region again.

So we want economic good or bad?

Bad economy when I buy. Good after I sign.
  • Praise 1

If too near to scrap date may not get good trade in value coz the AD cant resell it. If more than 1 year, can try and buy soon. If not drive still scrap.

One more,they will call you top-up if sign non-guarantee 3 to 6 bids cos you got not much choice left,they know your car going to scrap.

• Praise 1

Bad economy when I buy. Good after I sign.

Hahaha!

No,you must say after you get your car,not sign.

After you sign,economy good.They call you top-up,then how?

If too near to scrap date may not get good trade in value coz the AD cant resell it. If more than 1 year, can try and buy soon. If not drive still scrap.

No difference whether trade-in car has 1 year left or few months. Dealers will just give paper value, unless your car is a high end continental car.

• Praise 1

the fact that we need to control the number of cars on the road, pricing is one of the simplest way for ownership.

so if coe has to goes up for effective control and distribution, it is fair. but if it allows manipulation and profit others, then the system shoukd change.

No difference whether trade-in car has 1 year left or few months. Dealers will just give paper value, unless your car is a high end continental car.

Ok mine is a budget jap car. 1yrs plus and was quoted nearer to market value as compared to paper value. SE told me not to drag too long else my car can only be trade in at paper value.

• Praise 1

Ok mine is a budget jap car. 1yrs plus and was quoted nearer to market value as compared to paper value. SE told me not to drag too long else my car can only be trade in at paper value.

Yours is one year and above.One year and below is difference due to the parf calculation.

That's why I said wait and wait for what?coe never drop but old car price keeps dropping.

Unless 10yrs loan then difference cos sell still got to pay back remaining loan amount and interests to bank,left not much for new car,so that is understandable. 

But then, if sell 8mth left old car get back same trade in as 1mth left old car. Tink better to drive 7 months more. 7mths of depre is a few k at least already. COE also wun go up much nxt year. See each person circumstances also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3