New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

Hi,

Yes, sadly, I have to agree with Sopskysalat, that it is all about marketing and pricing strategies. And all the pros in the car will make buyers overlook the cons, such as the small 5 inch touch screen, and perhaps most buyer will not care too much about but the price of the car. Anyway at least a 7 inch touch screen would be good even without navigation. I wonder how much more will it cost ?

Yes, they are Kia Niros on the road, I have not seen one on the road, but was shown a photo of one in Gravity Blue that was delivered.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I also went to test drive the Niro and I kind of agreed with what bro nirofan said. For a car that is asking for around $110k, a 5in screen appears rather inappropriate and how much more can the car price increase to install a 7in with navigation system? Besides that, when I floored the accelerator during the test drive, the engine sounded pretty loud and felt stressful, not as punchy as compared to the other cars I have test driven. However when driven normally, the car is very quiet and smooth. 

IMO, if someone is looking for a hybrid car with good fuel consumption, spacious interior, someone with normal driving habit (don't usually  floor accelerator) and don't mind the 5in screen, Niro is definitely the car for you.

Edited by tlt3668
  • Praise 1

At least they can offer option add on for airbag, HU, ACC, LED ...etc. A la carte uses in other countries but this probably make maintenance and stocking spares more difficult for AD.

Then, we do not really know what is the arrangement with the between AD and principle. But I am frustrated with basic options we can choose from some cars that we like so much.

Current era, cars should come with these standard, Led headlight, active safety features such as ACC, collision prevention, lane keeping, android/IOS connectivity etc.

Hypersonic

At least they can offer option add on for airbag, HU, ACC, LED ...etc. A la carte uses in other countries but this probably make maintenance and stocking spares more difficult for AD.

Then, we do not really know what is the arrangement with the between AD and principle. But I am frustrated with basic options we can choose from some cars that we like so much.

Current era, cars should come with these standard, Led headlight, active safety features such as ACC, collision prevention, lane keeping, android/IOS connectivity etc.

The main problem is still our local car tax structure. A $3k increase in OMV will be like almost $10k in selling price.
  • Praise 2

The main problem is still our local car tax structure. A $3k increase in OMV will be like almost $10k in selling price.

Yes, that's how jap car sells... else their pricing will not be this Low

It's all about pricing... usually they'll add these stuff third party... but they have to test out first... so the first batch won't get it... just the K3 where the later batches get the option for upgrading the screen to Motrex or Eurostyle. Same for Elantra, the later batches get the 8 inch Elegant Auto screen. Just wait lor... I think in about 3-4 months time you'll get a larger screen. No need to pay extra. They have to find a unit that is cost effective and good enough and that they can install safely without voiding the manufacturer warranty...

It's all about pricing... usually they'll add these stuff third party... but they have to test out first... so the first batch won't get it... just the K3 where the later batches get the option for upgrading the screen to Motrex or Eurostyle. Same for Elantra, the later batches get the 8 inch Elegant Auto screen. Just wait lor... I think in about 3-4 months time you'll get a larger screen. No need to pay extra. They have to find a unit that is cost effective and good enough and that they can install safely without voiding the manufacturer warranty...

Talking about pricing, advertised price is not the real selling price for Kia Niro, as well as, all Kia cars.

They will slap a $10,000 surcharge for their cars if you don't surrender your current car to them, or adhere to their ridiculous loan conditions.

Kia Niro at $126,999 at $30,000 CEV rebate and scrap of $2,500, meaning $12,450 depreciation a year is way overpriced for a compact Korean car.

This puts it in price range of the Honda Odyssey / Accord, Toyota Camry.

I think we've had enough of misguided misconceptions of "unscrupulous" pricing. We got your point, Ian1.

Since you've already bought another car, just move on.

Overpriced or not, is up to each individual to decide.

Willing seller, conditions laid out, willing buyer, conditions accepted.

• Praise 1

I think we've had enough of misguided misconceptions of "unscrupulous" pricing. We got your point, Ian1.

Since you've already bought another car, just move on.

Overpriced or not, is up to each individual to decide.

Willing seller, conditions laid out, willing buyer, conditions accepted.

Agreed and have moved on.

Don't you think its fair for others to realise the actual price of Kia Niro is $126,999 and not $116,999 as adverised.

Even the car media got mislead and said at launch it was priced at $109,999 and compared it with Ioniq @ $118,888 or Prius at $131,888!!

Neither Hyundai Ioniq nor Toyota Prius has this $10,000 surcharge and the comparison was unfair.

http://www.carbuyer.com.sg/news/1174-kia-niro-hybrid-price-singapore-review

Truth be said, this brand and model is not doing well, compliments of their marketing department and bait and switch pricing strategy.

Edited by Ian1

Talking about pricing, advertised price is not the real selling price for Kia Niro, as well as, all Kia cars.

They will slap a $10,000 surcharge for their cars if you don't surrender your current car to them, or adhere to their ridiculous loan conditions.

Kia Niro at $126,999 at $30,000 CEV rebate and scrap of $2,500, meaning $12,450 depreciation a year is way overpriced for a compact Korean car.

This puts it in price range of the Honda Odyssey / Accord, Toyota Camry.

Wah. Thats steep

The trade in surcharge and loan surcharge can negotiate one.

Though both companies managed by cycle and carriage, yes you can on Mitsubishi Outlander but Kia sales people said theirs (Kia) is not negotiable.
  • Praise 1

Though both companies managed by cycle and carriage, yes you can on Mitsubishi Outlander but Kia sales people said theirs (Kia) is not negotiable.

Then u asked the wrong SE.

Then u asked the wrong SE.

Congrats if you did. Was rejected by Kia at both Leng Kee and Ubi showroom. They said its Kia Management policy.

Anyway, maybe a blessing in disguise.

Likes About Niro:

Sunroof

Nice Odometer

Heated Steering Wheel

Wireless Charging

Seat cooler

Nice tailights

Dislikes About Niro:

Cram interior (poor rear legroom for passenger)

Uselessly small boot space design

Small internal media screen

Poor sound proofing / insulation

Slow pickup

Poor build quality (the plastics in my test drive car was already creaking)

Headlight dated and still on halogen / filament

Top speed only 160km/hr (must be slowest in the market)

Korean that's an Audi Wannabe

Reliability and durability of Korean cars in Humid and Hot Tropical weather eg in Singapore still questionable

Reliability and durability of Korean cars in Humid and Hot Tropical weather eg in Singapore still questionable.

Sure or not bro?

Alot of taxis are korean leh

Good point on the taxis

Congrats if you did. Was rejected by Kia at both Leng Kee and Ubi showroom. They said its Kia Management policy.

Anyway, maybe a blessing in disguise.

Likes About Niro:

Sunroof

Nice Odometer

Heated Steering Wheel

Wireless Charging

Seat cooler

Nice tailights

Dislikes About Niro:

Cram interior (poor rear legroom for passenger)

Uselessly small boot space design

Small internal media screen

Poor sound proofing / insulation

Slow pickup

Poor build quality (the plastics in my test drive car was already creaking)

Headlight dated and still on halogen / filament

Top speed only 160km/hr (must be slowest in the market)

Korean that's an Audi Wannabe

Reliability and durability of Korean cars in Humid and Hot Tropical weather eg in Singapore still questionable

The way u write seems like the car offended u, or u are from competition brand

Cram interior, useless small boot space - seriously, wat car u comparing with? A luxury sedan? Or a full size suv? Comparing to similar range, niro win vezel and qashqai in space. Forester is another level. Btw, go see the CHR. Really "large" boot and "large" rear passenger leg room

Too speed 160km/h is a dislike? How many times u can drive above 120km/h in SG. LTA is alr going in ASC. And, this is a hybrid. Ppl buy hybrid for fuel saving, not chiong no 1 on expressway leh

Reliability in hot and humid tropical country still questionable? Seriously in year 2017 this is still discussed? U might want to start looking at the electronics around your house how many is korean brand. open ur eye wide how many hyundai and kia on the road now.. maybe loos toyota, but definitely more than honda or mazda now

Poor build quality.. i never understand how a person can judge a car on its quality by just test driving. Every conti brand i test drove the quality all damm good too, but does it means quality good?

End of the day, this car is made for a specific group of people.

And back to ur earlier point on unscrupulous pricing, i dont know how many car seller has tie in condition with loan, insurance and trade in. Nissan, subaru, all has it. And btw, the loan condition apply to their mecedes benz as well. Min 5 yr 50% loan. Tow kay pocket alot of money also cannot buy a merc using cash. Hahahaha

Edited by Yysiong
  • Praise 1

The way u write seems like the car offended u, or u are from competition brand

Cram interior, useless small boot space - seriously, wat car u comparing with? A luxury sedan? Or a full size suv? Comparing to similar range, niro win vezel and qashqai in space. Forester is another level. Btw, go see the CHR. Really "large" boot and "large" rear passenger leg room

Too speed 160km/h is a dislike? How many times u can drive above 120km/h in SG. LTA is alr going in ASC. And, this is a hybrid. Ppl buy hybrid for fuel saving, not chiong no 1 on expressway leh

Reliability in hot and humid tropical country still questionable? Seriously in year 2017 this is still discussed? U might want to start looking at the electronics around your house how many is korean brand. open ur eye wide how many hyundai and kia on the road now.. maybe loos toyota, but definitely more than honda or mazda now

Poor build quality.. i never understand how a person can judge a car on its quality by just test driving. Every conti brand i test drove the quality all damm good too, but does it means quality good?

End of the day, this car is made for a specific group of people. They way u talk

And back to ur earlier point on unscrupulous pricing, i dont know how many car seller has tie in condition with loan, insurance and trade in. Nissan, subaru, all has it. Did media report the higher price? And btw, yout ridiculous loan condition apply to their mecedes benz as well. Min 5 yr 50% loan. Tow kay pocket alot of money also cannot buy a merc using cash. Hahahaha

Regarding boot space and rear leg room, Niro, CH-R, Ioniq terrible lah... better would be Honda Shuttle and Vezel (leader in its class). Or if willing to go Conti, Peugeot 5008 or Renault Grand Scenic roughly same price range much more internal room.

What is considered a relatively low cost car (under $150k), nobody in this category slaps at $10,000 surcharge for loan, surrendering of a scrap car and mandatory insurance.

↡ Advertisement