New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

Regarding boot space and rear leg room, Niro, CH-R, Ioniq terrible lah... better would be Honda Shuttle and Vezel (leader in its class). Or if willing to go Conti, Peugeot 5008 or Renault Grand Scenic roughly same price range much more internal room.

What is considered a relatively low cost car (under $150k), nobody in this category slaps at $10,000 surcharge for loan, surrendering of a scrap car and mandatory insurance.

Ok. We different freq here.. cos ur low cost car is below 150k...... Hahaha

5008 and grand scenic 7 seater leh. How to compare.

Anw.. mandatory insurance and loan is a common gimmick now. Reason being salesman gets commission from those companies. Dealer that dun have high markup, SE tends to be stricter on these. U can try go PI, either they offer u 1 time cash payment (nobody dare pay 1 time to PI also), they will also insist 5 year loan. Some PI that advertise low price, 10k d.p, and 7 year loan, that loan is non negotiable too if u want that advertise price. U go borneo want to pay cash, it has a surcharge of 2.4k on top of selling price. Min loan is 30k for 1 year.

I would say u had to understand the business practice 1st before u call it ridiculous loan condition. If u can afford to take lesser loan, just go with their terms and 1 year later opt to full settlement la.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Regarding boot space and rear leg room, Niro, CH-R, Ioniq terrible lah... better would be Honda Shuttle and Vezel (leader in its class). Or if willing to go Conti, Peugeot 5008 or Renault Grand Scenic roughly same price range much more internal room.

What is considered a relatively low cost car (under $150k), nobody in this category slaps at $10,000 surcharge for loan, surrendering of a scrap car and mandatory insurance.

Shuttle and CHR are much more cramped in the rear both in legroom and especially width compared to ioniq and niro. Not sure how you can lump them in the same category.
  • Praise 1

Makes me wonder why in the first place you were "ready to sign on the line" when you had so many doubts about the Niro, especially regarding reliability of Korean-made cars? Why not just go for the Vezel in the first place?  :huh: Or is it because all these "dislikes" only came about as a result of Monday morning quarterbacks?  [rolleyes]

At the end of the day, only you perceive the $10,000 as a "surcharge", when everybody else including C&C looks at it as a REBATE. (Cue the glass half-empty half-full story) I think C&C needs to make 2 versions of their price lists liao, one version listing the original price, the rebates and then the final price for normal consumers, and another one listing the final price, the surcharges and then the original price for people like you.  [laugh]

Ownself never do properly the homework and still want to blame others...  <_<

P.S. For someone that says that they have already "moved on", you sure love harping on the same string over and over again.

Edited by Begelza
  • Praise 1

Those fence sitters can go to the MCF test drive session on 28/4/17(Fri).

From there , u will know whether this car is for u or not

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 5

Makes me wonder why in the first place you were "ready to sign on the line" when you had so many doubts about the Niro, especially regarding reliability of Korean-made cars? Why not just go for the Vezel in the first place? :huh:

At the end of the day, only you perceive the $10,000 as a "surcharge", when everybody else including C&C looks at it as a REBATE. (Cue the glass half-empty half-full story) I think C&C needs to make 2 versions of their price lists liao, one version listing the original price, the rebates and then the final price for normal consumers, and another one listing the final price, the surcharges and then the original price for people like you. [laugh]

Ownself never do properly the homework and still want to blame others... <_<

Simple answer.

This is my 2nd car for wife and kid to drive around. Main car is a 9year old 740Li.

Wanted to buy this car because its cheap (relatively speaking) when adverised at $116k coming from agent. Greater peace of mind on delivery and warranty.

But when come to paying, suddenly tell me $126k + , non negotiable. Management say this part cannot budge.

If you see in earlier attachment, even journalist got scammed on the pricing as they listed the conditional pricing!!

Those fence sitters can go to the MCF test drive session on 28/4/17(Fri).

From there , u will know whether this car is for u or notð.

Pai sei.. I meant test drive at Hyundai on the Ioniq model..

From there , whether to buy Niro or Ioniq..

• Praise 6

Simple answer.

This is my 2nd car for wife and kid to drive around. Main car is a 9year old 740Li.

Wanted to buy this car because its cheap (relatively speaking) when adverised at $116k coming from agent. Greater peace of mind on delivery and warranty.

But when come to paying, suddenly tell me $126k + , non negotiable. Management say this part cannot budge.

If you see in earlier attachment, even journalist got scammed on the pricing as they listed the conditional pricing!!

It's always been like that... if you don't like it then don't buy from them lor... can try the Ioniq cos Komoco Motors doesn't have this loan thing... I bought my car at the discounted price without taking a loan from them.

Neutral Newbie

ive been driving the niro for the past 1.5 months in Holland, gets me around 750km/tank (its really not as good as declared but the highways here are 130km/h so that hurts too).

The adaptive cruise control is awesome, the active lane assist is not as reliable as i would have liked it to be but the car is generally spacious as heck as compared to an A1 that was provided to me before this Niro, i am seriously considering getting this when im back in SG but Kia's hybrid technology is still in infancy and not as aggressive as my wife's prius C back in SG too. 

Ask me anything about the niro i will be glad to assist. 

ive been driving the niro for the past 1.5 months in Holland, gets me around 750km/tank (its really not as good as declared but the highways here are 130km/h so that hurts too).

The adaptive cruise control is awesome, the active lane assist is not as reliable as i would have liked it to be but the car is generally spacious as heck as compared to an A1 that was provided to me before this Niro, i am seriously considering getting this when im back in SG but Kia's hybrid technology is still in infancy and not as aggressive as my wife's prius C back in SG too.

Ask me anything about the niro i will be glad to assist.

I don't think the version sold here has the ACC. It's a base model with ventilated seats...

Neutral Newbie

I don't think the version sold here has the ACC. It's a base model with ventilated seats...

I thought there were only 2 trims, ACC/LKA/heated seats steering/android auto/apply car play all comes standard.

The difference between 2 tirms are the wheels and Qiwireless charging... of course I could be wrong. 

Anyways ACC is not practical in Singapore's start stop traffic jams cause the ACC shuts off below 15kmph =\

Also the active LKA will KPKB if you dont have your hands on the steering wheel for 10 seconds, after 10 seconds of KPKB'ing it will turn off. 

HI,

I have just attached the latest specs sheet for the Singapore Kia Niro as provided by C and C. As mentioned there is only one version and you will not be able to change the configuration. There is also only one interior trim, I think they call it Saturn Black Leather as in the showroom car.

Cheers,

Niro Specs Sheet 1 March Amended Version.pdf

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

My friend just got his Niro. Is there any whatsapp group for the owner to share tips and lobang? Please add him,

Brandon - 90077278.

Thank in advance.

Hi,

Just collected Niro on the 2nd. Welcome any questions about the Singapore Niro, as I get to know the car better. This is my first hybrid and I am just a lay-driver. So, not too technical, just what a normal driver would like to know. Cheers, have a nice weekend. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Just collected Niro on the 2nd. Welcome any questions about the Singapore Niro, as I get to know the car better. This is my first hybrid and I am just a lay-driver. So, not too technical, just what a normal driver would like to know. Cheers, have a nice weekend.

Hi nirofan

Believe you are enjoying every minute of yr niro ride, just like I do! FC is unbelievably good at 19.4km/L for city driving all the way.

The side mirrors tilt downwards when on R gear makes parking so easy. Not forgetting the wireless charging and blind spot indicator which is so useful for inexperienced drivers.

Hi GnNiro,

Yes,  I am getting about 17.5km/L, that is because I change to 18 inch sports rim and 225/45 tires. Otherwise surprising build quality. A bit sluggish on the climb. but, that's where the sports mode comes in, and for overtaking also. The blindspot detection, a very useful tool, although a little conservative. Parking Assist is very useful, but don't forget to do your normal lookout.

I think by default if there is no navigation, it comes with the 5 inch touch screen. Surprising the 6 speaker audio is pretty good. and the bluetooth interface is much easier than my previous car. I was surprised that it had voice activation and you can make and recieve calls handsfree.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Yes most features inside are useful, my favourite being the ventilated seats. Thinking of replacing the HU as it's rather small and without GPS,any recommendations?

Do you stay in the west side? Maybe 1 day we should meet up with other niro owners to share tips and experiences.

↡ Advertisement