New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

Test drive both the Niro and the Ioniq and report back, please !

I prefer the design of the Niro, but may be partial to the Ioniq because it has the complete complement of driver aids (ie blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, SMART CRUISE, automatic emergency braking).

Pretty cool - and it's going for $113k, so just $4k more.

I thought Ioniq is going for $118k?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

$5k discount at the motorshow apparently

Ok tks bro, I would take the Ioniq if at $113k. Prefer the shape but to each his own lah but I'm glad both Korean brands manage to come up with a hybrid to give us buyers more choices, cheers!

• Praise 3

What is the omv and rebate?

SE said parf max is $3k. I assume it will be min arf payable at $5k

Ok tks bro, I would take the Ioniq if at $113k. Prefer the shape but to each his own lah but I'm glad both Korean brands manage to come up with a hybrid to give us buyers more choices, cheers!

Ioniq looks good too. Too bad im 1.8m...

SE said parf max is $3k. I assume it will be min arf payable at $5k

Ioniq looks good too. Too bad im 1.8m...

Niro more spacious than Ioniq for u? I shorty only 1.67m so can't tell diff

• Praise 6

Niro more spacious than Ioniq for u? I shorty only 1.67m so can't tell diff

Ya niro more spacious for me

Cos i need space for carseat too.i would say this 2 brand gona give prius a run for money

went to Motorshow today to take a look at the new Niro as one of my potential cars...

impressive car. had a chat with a stranger while checking out the car. we both agree that while Ioniq has more features, the Niro might be the one motorists will purchase at the end of the day. and CDG has Ioniq planned for their fleet.

then when I went to chat with a C&C sales executive, horror of all horrors.

"what car you driving now?"

"your car now new 95k can get. how much you think i wanna take in? not i want to put you down. but really ah brooo..."

had wonderful service at Audi (coffee, sat down and discussed loan breakdowns), Ford (offered to deposit 1k to secure Motorshow offer while test drive on another day) & Toyota (chat with an SE on the new Prius).....

but the service from C&C left me in bad taste....

honestly, after walking around level 4, Niro was the last car I was checking out because "save the best for last".... then that SE just spoiled my day...

• Praise 1

went to Motorshow today to take a look at the new Niro as one of my potential cars...

impressive car. had a chat with a stranger while checking out the car. we both agree that while Ioniq has more features, the Niro might be the one motorists will purchase at the end of the day. and CDG has Ioniq planned for their fleet.

"your car now new 95k can get. how much you think i wanna take in? not i want to put you down. but really ah brooo..."

had wonderful service at Audi (coffee, sat down and discussed loan breakdowns), Ford (offered to deposit 1k to secure Motorshow offer while test drive on another day) & Toyota (chat with an SE on the new Prius).....

honestly, after walking around level 4, Niro was the last car I was checking out because "save the best for last".... then that SE just spoiled my day...

I totally agreed SE plays an impt role. But then, dun get turn off by that SE, find another 1 in showroom. I can recommend mine to you. I find him great in every aspect

I was keen in prius, almost confirmed 1 month back, when the SE says PI is cheapskate go buy, and they deserved to be burnt becos they are cheapskate. Totally turn off, and i walk away from BM.

Considered the niro becos SE is very attentive, and from sorento to carens, he has been updating me on promo and etc. He even remember when my car going to scrap, and know my priority is fuel saving. Such SE hard to come by now

• Praise 2

Yes agree, CNC SE is a real let down. They are not well trained and also tends to look down on potential customers wearing too casually.

Have seen some reviews on the Niro on YouTube and not all are good. Since it's just launched in Singapore, we don't know weather it will run well or not. Since it's the first hybrid CNC is selling, do they have the knowledge to rectify any issues or not. I would rather let the first few batches test the market before committing....Just my 2 cents.

• Praise 2

Created a group for owner/potential owner on FB. The more ppl join, the better it is :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/232098710574216/

Yes agree, CNC SE is a real let down. They are not well trained and also tends to look down on potential customers wearing too casually.

Have seen some reviews on the Niro on YouTube and not all are good. Since it's just launched in Singapore, we don't know weather it will run well or not. Since it's the first hybrid CNC is selling, do they have the knowledge to rectify any issues or not. I would rather let the first few batches test the market before committing....Just my 2 cents.

Chk out any car model online and there will be fair mix of positive and negative review lah

And if all ppl wanna see how a car perform after someone eles bought it, there wont be even 1 of it on the road lo. Hahaaha

Anw, some people like to take a leap of faith

Created a group for owner/potential owner on FB. The more ppl join, the better it is :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/232098710574216/

Chk out any car model online and there will be fair mix of positive and negative review lah

And if all ppl wanna see how a car perform after someone eles bought it, there wont be even 1 of it on the road lo. Hahaaha

Anw, some people like to take a leap of faith

I tend to agree.

I watched a couple of the reviews and the main minus is that it's hybrid engine/transmission does not work as well as that of the Prius, which is more fuel efficient. And since this is a hybrid, the reviewers gave overwhelming weightage to fuel efficiency.

Which I do not necessarily agree with. People in real life are not looking for the most efficient hybrid, but rather the best car at a certain price point.

Niro looks much better than the Prius, has a larger boot, has more head room, and has a more responsive non CVT transmission. Not to mention is priced much more attractively. To me, that beats the slight FC advantage of the Prius any day of the week.

Just my 2c.

• Praise 3

I tend to agree.

I watched a couple of the reviews and the main minus is that it's hybrid engine/transmission does not work as well as that of the Prius, which is more fuel efficient. And since this is a hybrid, the reviewers gave overwhelming weightage to fuel efficiency.

Which I do not necessarily agree with. People in real life are not looking for the most efficient hybrid, but rather the best car at a certain price point.

Niro looks much better than the Prius, has a larger boot, has more head room, and has a more responsive non CVT transmission. Not to mention is priced much more attractively. To me, that beats the slight FC advantage of the Prius any day of the week.

Just my 2c.

Agree... the driving experience is better with the Niro and Ioniq due to the DCT gearbox. Driving experience is more important than the fuel savings cos in real life, you don't drive like the journalists in a test drive... the difference may not be that big.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Think of tradinng in my 2014 sorento for this cutie. Any views

Only if you don't need the 7 seats anymore... Otherwise space and gadgets wise, Sorento is still much better

Any test drove today? FR please?

Edited by Aukang

Only if you don't need the 7 seats anymore... Otherwise space and gadgets wise, Sorento is still much better

Any test drove today? FR please?

Actually the biggest reason why i jump into niro is the tech..

1. Driver and passenger electric seat

2. Driver memory seat

3. Ventilated driver and passenger seat

4. Rear aircon

5. High head room

6. Spacious legroom

7. Reverse side mirror auto tilt

8. Sunroof

Wanted a PI prius, but mom complain too low she had issue going in. So had to find a taller car

At below $110k, you cant find many car with this spec

Join us @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/232098710574216/

It will be more fun when more people got the car

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3