New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

What's the price now?

I like this car but feel it is kinda pointless for me to own a car right now since I won't be driving much (BMW to work).

Wah quite ex. They must be confident can sell

Maybe Kia surf MCF too n hear us happy tok abt it tho no one has test driven....LOL

Don't understand what the rationale for the increase in price. As if the COE is going to go up?

Usually for car show, they had to come out with special deals as demanded by organiser. But im sure if nego hard, show price is do-able.

Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/232098710574216/ !!

Wah quite ex. They must be confident can sell

Actually, yes

They r really confident..150 niro over 4 day car show... Sell more than prius la

Usually for car show, they had to come out with special deals as demanded by organiser. But im sure if nego hard, show price is do-able.

Actually, yes

They r really confident..150 niro over 4 day car show... Sell more than prius la

Wow 150 ? That's pretty amazing.

Looking forward to your review when you get your car !

• Praise 1

Actually, yes

Now I know why price increased... Same as developers... Preview price... But now many developers selling below preview prices... Hoping for the same when coe drops :)
  • Praise 1

Torque is 265 nm and 140 bhp according to the papers today. Pretty insane levels but the ST motor correspondent Christopher Tan says the Prius with 195 nm and 120 bhp seems to drive better... smoother due to CVT... must do a back to back test drive then we'll know...

Torque is 265 nm and 140 bhp according to the papers today. Pretty insane levels but the ST motor correspondent Christopher Tan says the Prius with 195 nm and 120 bhp seems to drive better... smoother due to CVT... must do a back to back test drive then we'll know...

To a certain extend, i agree with writer. The prius power mode is really good and pick up is fast, and the drive train is smooth.

But if u compare the prius eco mode vs niro normal mode (which is their default mode), Niro drives much better, largely due to DCT. I chose Niro partly also the DCT is totally unlike their carens DCT, Niro DCT is much more subtle and smooth

To a certain extend, i agree with writer. The prius power mode is really good and pick up is fast, and the drive train is smooth.

But if u compare the prius eco mode vs niro normal mode (which is their default mode), Niro drives much better, largely due to DCT. I chose Niro partly also the DCT is totally unlike their carens DCT, Niro DCT is much more subtle and smooth

Must be a revised version, either hardware or software or both...

Test drove this car yesterday. Previously , I have also test drove the Ioniq but there was only the SE and myself, pick up was decent and hardly hear the engine sound in cabin. For the Niro, there were 2 adults plus 2 toddlers in back seats plus SE and myself. Have to press the gas pedal gently for pick up from standstill, else the engine will sound pretty rough. Rear space is pretty good, I am 6 feet and still have about 4 finger space of headroom and about 1 fist of legroom, with driver seat adjusted to my position. For the 10 yr battery warranty, it is limited to 200k mileage and for 1 change only , just pay labour charge.

• Praise 3

Test drove this car yesterday. Previously , I have also test drove the Ioniq but there was only the SE and myself, pick up was decent and hardly hear the engine sound in cabin. For the Niro, there were 2 adults plus 2 toddlers in back seats plus SE and myself. Have to press the gas pedal gently for pick up from standstill, else the engine will sound pretty rough. Rear space is pretty good, I am 6 feet and still have about 4 finger space of headroom and about 1 fist of legroom, with driver seat adjusted to my position. For the 10 yr battery warranty, it is limited to 200k mileage and for 1 change only , just pay labour charge.

Thanks for update! The 200K mileage is reasonable... I don't expect the battery to wear out more than once...

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 2