New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

Actually the biggest reason why i jump into niro is the tech..

1. Driver and passenger electric seat

2. Driver memory seat

3. Ventilated driver and passenger seat

4. Rear aircon

5. High head room

6. Spacious legroom

7. Reverse side mirror auto tilt

8. Sunroof

Wanted a PI prius, but mom complain too low she had issue going in. So had to find a taller car

At below $110k, you cant find many car with this spec

Join us @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/232098710574216/

It will be more fun when more people got the car

Sorry to clarify... Passenger side is manual seat adjustment if I recall correctly...

↡ Advertisement

2. Driver memory seat

4. Rear aircon

5. High head room

6. Spacious legroom

8. Sunroof

Wanted a PI prius, but mom complain too low she had issue going in. So had to find a taller car

How's the 10 yrs lithium battery warranty like? Unlimited exchange?
  • Praise 1

Sorry to clarify... Passenger side is manual seat adjustment if I recall correctly...

Is it?

Hmm.. Nv try passenger side at all cos is always SE there when me n wife test drove.

Not important for me also la cos that seat will be baby seat...

How's the 10 yrs lithium battery warranty like? Unlimited exchange?

So far SE says is 10yr 200k km warranty becos mgmt nv clarify on battery warranty

But then looking at hybrid warranty in SG, all are offering 10yr unlimited, and since niro and ioniq share same tech, it should be unlimited as well. Let's wait for them to officiating it

Battery warranty based on what? If battery performance reduced, will CNC say it's normal wear and tear of a battery, so not covered?

• Praise 1

Battery warranty based on what? If battery performance reduced, will CNC say it's normal wear and tear of a battery, so not covered?

I think based on what I understand from an example from Lexus, the warranty should cover drop in charge capacity below a certain level within a certain time frame. The battery capacity is expected to drop as time passes, but it consistently falls below the expected charge level, then it can be considered to be out of spec and therefore should trigger and replacement... in the case of the Lexus LS600h long-wheelbase, the battery can't power the car anymore... and that's NiMH tech by the way... so I guess with Li-Po batteries, it should not develop the memory issues of NiMH batteries... so should be more lasting...

D ony beef abt hybrid cars r the batteries. Can last max.5 yrs nia.

If it's 10 yrs unlimited replacement, I would hv chosen Niro instead of HRV.

• Praise 2

I think based on what I understand from an example from Lexus, the warranty should cover drop in charge capacity below a certain level within a certain time frame. The battery capacity is expected to drop as time passes, but it consistently falls below the expected charge level, then it can be considered to be out of spec and therefore should trigger and replacement... in the case of the Lexus LS600h long-wheelbase, the battery can't power the car anymore... and that's NiMH tech by the way... so I guess with Li-Po batteries, it should not develop the memory issues of NiMH batteries... so should be more lasting...

I get the idea from our handphone battery issue situations. After 10 months or so, some user may experience standby hours of the phone drop and service centre say this is wear and tear issue, so no warranty. So, I am just afraid CnC will use this type of excuses for the Niro buyer too. 

• Praise 1

Think of tradinng in my 2014 sorento for this cutie. Any views

got money sure can.

but the C&C SE was so unprofessional he didn't want my business when i shared my car is only 2 years old, bought at a high price where the same car now is much cheaper new... thing is, I already did my calculations as to how much I will lose out...

don't know whether they SE or financial adviser.... 

• Praise 1

I totally agreed SE plays an impt role. But then, dun get turn off by that SE, find another 1 in showroom. I can recommend mine to you. I find him great in every aspect

I was keen in prius, almost confirmed 1 month back, when the SE says PI is cheapskate go buy, and they deserved to be burnt becos they are cheapskate. Totally turn off, and i walk away from BM.

Considered the niro becos SE is very attentive, and from sorento to carens, he has been updating me on promo and etc. He even remember when my car going to scrap, and know my priority is fuel saving. Such SE hard to come by now

i see. so this SE has been updating you all the way and you have yet to purchase? that's excellent service.

i might go showroom to view the niro and hopefully test drive it in the next few weekends.

got money sure can.

but the C&C SE was so unprofessional he didn't want my business when i shared my car is only 2 years old, bought at a high price where the same car now is much cheaper new... thing is, I already did my calculations as to how much I will lose out...

don't know whether they SE or financial adviser....

Bro wat u driving now to trade in?
  • Praise 1

2. Driver memory seat

4. Rear aircon

5. High head room

6. Spacious legroom

8. Sunroof

this car is 110k? 

when can get?

what is the omv?

• Praise 1

this car is 110k?

when can get?

what is the omv?

Omv 30+k.

Parf expect $3k cos minimal arf payable.

Car should be late feb

I opt for later cos i didnt top up for gaurantee coe.

Usually rule of thumb is.. System will prompt hybrid system faulty is battery has issue

And also, our local driving pattern can hard uses EV mode all the way. So even if batt cant hold charge, within mintues u would have brake and it charges batt again

Omv 30+k.

Parf expect $3k cos minimal arf payable.

Car should be late feb

I opt for later cos i didnt top up for gaurantee coe.

You bought? Congrats if you did and keep us informed of the COE bid, delivery etc.

The CEVs rebate is $15k? or more?

• Praise 3

I am actually worried this car will be the next Vezel. Throw 1 stone hit 1 Niro. Don't wanna drive a car that everyone else also driving. 

Think the majority of buyers won't buy hybrid so I doubt if it will be anywhere near Vezel in terms of volume.

• Praise 4

I am actually worried this car will be the next Vezel. Throw 1 stone hit 1 Niro. Don't wanna drive a car that everyone else also driving.

Wun lah. There's still a sizable herd out there who are kimchi-adverse, conti-adverse n will onli buy jap.
  • Praise 1

How come Niro would be the next Vezel? 

↡ Advertisement