New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

10 year battery warranty. Does this mean free replacement of battery if battery fails to perform to expectation at anytime?

The word expectation quite subjective la. Like any battery product, battery will degrade over time. If one day, the fuel cell is not holding charge long enough,or not producing enough power to move the car, the system.should prompt. Same as prius

Yysiong, managed to get COE?

No.. Submit cpf statement on tue. Loan yet to approved

Was advise that 90% of motorshow order yet to bid coe cos many customer only exercise OTP this week

The Niro is interesting & I quite like it. With 250Nm torque, it shld be a good nippy drive. Specs is very good n definitely doesn't look awkward like the Prius. Hope to see some on the roads soon to judge its 'real world' looks. Under bright lights in the motorshow tend to look good.

Haha. I kind of tot motorshow light not as bright as our sunlight

Really? It comes with adaptive cruise control?

I just checked

Think dont have.

Sigh

Guess this feature is for very premium car

Yes.

Hope not. Taxi/grab/uber priority is mileage, which so far prius has the best mileage. LCR actually favor vezel/shuttle hybrid more looking at the fleet out there

sorry bro,

My bad. No adaptive cruise control, i tot it.has becos i saw the +/- and vehicle pic on display

Sorry if i mislead you

thanks for sharing...

the auto cruise control means that the car will speed up and reduce speed accordingly?

sorry bro i gave wrong info

It has cruise control but not the auto pick up & reduce speed. I.tot there is becos of the +/- and on screen display. Sorry!!!!

sorry bro,

My bad. No adaptive cruise control, i tot it.has becos i saw the +/- and vehicle pic on display

Sorry if i mislead you

It has cruise control but not the auto pick up & reduce speed. I.tot there is becos of the +/- and on screen display. Sorry!!!!

Ioniq has adaptive cruise and a number of the autonomous driving features (lane departure, AEB etc).

Probably explains why it is slightly more expensive than the Niro in Singapore when the Niro is more expensive in UK.

With our start stop traffic pattern and dense traffic, personally I dun see much use for cruise control, would rather control the speed manually. Hope that C&C will change to the current 5" HU to a bigger one. Last I have checked, Komoco has changed the HU for Elantra Elite to a 8" one, it was initially launched with a 5".

Edited by Wattokkingu
  • Praise 1

With our start stop traffic pattern and dense traffic, personally I dun see much use for cruise control, would rather control the speed manually. Hope that C&C will change to the current 5" HU to a bigger one. Last I have checked, Komoco has changed the HU for Elantra Elite to a 8" one, it was initially launched with a 5".

to each his own.. but adaptive cruise control is so useful to me...

once i hit the expressway and turn it on, there is no more need for me to step on brake and gas till i want to exit the expressway... 

i just need to put my foot on the floor to standby to zam brake just in case some bugger cut into your front suddenly....

Yysiong, the Kia SE say singapore version no adaptive cruise control? cos i google kia niro, it has the adaptive cruise control... so i was wondering whether our singapore version have or not... we all know that we always got the dumb down version of the car model... 

Edited by Auron
  • Praise 2

to each his own.. but adaptive cruise control is so useful to me...

once i hit the expressway and turn it on, there is no more need for me to step on brake and gas till i want to exit the expressway...

i just need to put my foot on the floor to standby to zam brake just in case some bugger cut into your front suddenly....

Yysiong, the Kia SE say singapore version no adaptive cruise control? cos i google kia niro, it has the adaptive cruise control... so i was wondering whether our singapore version have or not... we all know that we always got the dumb down version of the car model...

What's the difference between normal and adaptive cruise control?
  • Praise 1

The word expectation quite subjective la. Like any battery product, battery will degrade over time. If one day, the fuel cell is not holding charge long enough,or not producing enough power to move the car, the system.should prompt. Same as prius

Was advise that 90% of motorshow order yet to bid coe cos many customer only exercise OTP this week

I just checked

Think dont have.

Sigh

i wouldnt want to be the first batch of customers.  new car models will always have teething problems and recalls.......

(edited)

What's the difference between normal and adaptive cruise control?

Normal only single set speed and can't change speed.

Adaptive uses radar and other features such as smart cam etc to determine the car's speed or. Either to slow down or pick up speed.

sorry bro,

Sorry if i mislead you

Should be without cos if have, niro would also have the lane departure and anti collision features since all these make use of a radar or similar technology.

But it's already a nice car.

Haven't placed booking cos I am hoping that COE will drop further and bring down the price...

Edited by Aukang
  • Praise 2

Normal only single set speed and can't change speed.

Adaptive uses radar and other features such as smart cam etc to determine the car's speed or. Either to slow down or pick up speed.

Should be without cos if have, niro would also have the lane departure and anti collision features since all these make use of a radar or similar technology.

But it's already a nice car.

Haven't placed booking cos I am hoping that COE will drop further and bring down the price...

OK, noted. Thanks.

COE will be coming down due to LTA is releasing more COE for Feb.Yiu have your dream car soon.

I just checked

Think dont have.

Sigh

Sssshhhh....in MCF, cannot say take loan hor. Sifu say muz pay full cash...

The word expectation quite subjective la. Like any battery product, battery will degrade over time. If one day, the fuel cell is not holding charge long enough,or not producing enough power to move the car, the system.should prompt. 

I mean I do not have to pay a cent to change this hybrid battery throughout ten years?

• Praise 1

(edited)

I mean I do not have to pay a cent to change this hybrid battery throughout ten years?

This is a good question that you need to ask the SE.. I also interested to know as it will be a factor for booking the car or otherwise Edited by Aukang

This is a good question that you need to ask the SE.. I also interested to know as it will be a factor for booking the car or otherwise

Yeah... so am I... although I don't know if what the SE says is reliable or not... cos the company policy for this may be fuzzy since there has been no claims made yet... 

• Praise 1

Was told that

1st recon, if cant fix will change.

there is labour charges.

Warranty is only on parts, labour not inclusive.

Same as Prius from BM. Service charge apply.

OK, noted. Thanks.

COE will be coming down due to LTA is releasing more COE for Feb.Yiu have your dream car soon.

Yeah. Hope coe down. The last rd coe drop.. Nxt bid shot up. Edited by Yysiong
  • Praise 1

Yeah. Hope coe down. The last rd coe drop.. Nxt bid shot up.

With about 300 more COEs for both cat A and B I think got good chance it will come down...

KIA Singapore website brochures indicate Niro's battery comes with a 10-year warranty but whether unlimited or not, I am not sure.

Kia batt warranty is limited to 200,000km or 10 yrs. Believe Hyundai is the same.

Edited by Newkid
  • Praise 1

Kia batt warranty is limited to 200,000km or 10 yrs. Believe Hyundai is the same.

so I assume no additional charges except for labour cost, for changing of battery.

Will confirm with SE with buying in months later.

If due to some reason which unable to change battery, this niro still run 100% under petrol, right?

↡ Advertisement