Self Defence: Israeli Krav Maga and/or Russian Systema

Theoldjaffa

anyone trained in either or both? wanna hear ur feedback.

nowadays alot of siao lang, better to learn some skills to fight in case i kena some idiots in malaysia or above.

or any AMDK in Singapore. lol

↡ Advertisement

nowadays alot of siao lang, better to learn some skills to fight in case i kena some idiots in malaysia or above.

I have a fren who is into Krav Maga training.  If you need trainer, i can intro him to you.

If i kena confronted by siao lang, tink I rather do this instead:

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

To make the siao lang run away from you after you take off all your clothes like in the YouTube video about THE BEST self defence?

If i kena confronted by siao lang, tink I rather do this instead: 

[laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

The best defense is quick speed (to run away)!

That's why so many car manufacturers post their 0-62mph timing.

It's not actually for racing, but how fast you can run away from siao lang if they decide to attack you.

Hahaha..

• Praise 2

Jack I did Krav Maga before in fight work Asia in MacPherson many many years ago...... frankly speaking I dun find that effect in real life situations, cause mainly just drill on technique and mock up street fight situations.

Now I have been doing Muay Thai for 3 years at evolve mma and I find it more practical and effective in real life! reason? Cause once you reach lvl 2 in Muay Thai, you are allowed to attend their sparring classes and spar with different gym members! Thus there are diversity too as different people different skill, fitness, IQ, size etc.

It is during the sparring class you Horne your reaction and technique you learn during normal Muay Thai session into good use, condition your muscle memory and your fight IQ.

To up one more level, you can go for the amateur fight team selection and they will further train you for amateur fight!

In short you need real experience be it from sparring or amateur fight to build your confidence to apply your knowledge. From my personal experience.

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 1

Hi, if you are looking into training KM or any self defense, in your very first class, if the instructor teaches you the correct way to stand (i.e. correct boxing or Muay Thai stance) to counter an aggressor, you know that it's a FAKE self defense class. Please take note of this.

As far as I know, there's only one true Krav Maga strain in Singapore (direct lineage to Imre Lichtenfeld, god bless his soul) but they are no longer teaching. All others that I know, are improvision from martial arts and are NOT true tactical self defense (martial art do not equate civilian self defense, esp against weapons).

Cheers.

Hi, if you are looking into training KM or any self defense, in your very first class, if the instructor teaches you the correct way to stand (i.e. correct boxing or Muay Thai stance) to counter an aggressor, you know that it's a FAKE self defense class. Please take note of this.

As far as I know, there's only one true Krav Maga strain in Singapore (direct lineage to Imre Lichtenfeld, god bless his soul) but they are no longer teaching. All others that I know, are improvision from martial arts and are NOT true tactical self defense (martial art do not equate civilian self defense, esp against weapons).

Cheers.

Can share which is the one true Krav Maga gym in SG?

As far as I know, there's only one true Krav Maga strain in Singapore (direct lineage to Imre Lichtenfeld, god bless his soul) but they are no longer teaching. All others that I know, are improvision from martial arts and are NOT true tactical self defense (martial art do not equate civilian self defense, esp against weapons).

Cheers.

Hi Cthulhu, I know you said the school is now defunct, but since they apparently have been operating in Singapore for some time, it should be possible to find some students who used to train with those guys.

Do you happen to know where we could find former students of that school? Perhaps they have started a training group or something like that?

↡ Advertisement