Unhygienic food preparation and service practices

Yeobt

To show how important my message is to the little birds.

This message from RADX is appended.

快, 飞鵅传书, 去!

post-132626-0-88801800-1483670823_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Datsun366
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

my wife bough a pack of cooked food from chap chai rice stall. she ate and found that the veg taste and look like it made of plastic.

we have seen some video on FB on how some people in other country made fake food, but how possible is this to happen in sgp?

does this look wield to you? we did not approach the stall owner but i have written to AVA and the food sample is still store in our fridge.

IMG-20170106-WA0045a_zpslfiiaecf.jpg

• Praise 1

to me, if we are serious about hygiene on food preparation for public, there is a very simple way to enforce this.

all food preparation kitchen have to obtain env licence. set min standard for such usage including dishwashing.

carry out inptomptus inspection and if place is not utilise as planned, impose fine.

• Praise 1

why would one want to fake a cheap vegetable, egg or rice which is beyond my understanding! [laugh]

The cost of faking is more than the raw food cost.

This gooyee thingy looks like those flour/starch they used in their cooking, and too much of it will make your food looks like siao, sneeze or ahem ahem...  But this one looks like fake vegetable. :D

Blanch vegetables and season with sauce at home, safe and healthy.

my wife bough a pack of cooked food from chap chai rice stall. she ate and found that the veg taste and look like it made of plastic.

we have seen some video on FB on how some people in other country made fake food, but how possible is this to happen in sgp?

does this look wield to you? we did not approach the stall owner but i have written to AVA and the food sample is still store in our fridge.

IMG-20170106-WA0045a_zpslfiiaecf.jpg

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Yup, now we know how pro the legendary pathologist does his work...hahahahaha.

Only superbly smut person like him can unnerstand whot I post.

Only for the pubic health pros and not for those sensationalists.

Always start at home and work outwards. You might not need to go too far from the flagpole before you hit the first case of unhygienic food preparation.

Really got flies hatching from pre prepared foodstuffs. Got pikture but cannot show my comb.

People like to make a profit and when some smut alecks come in to share the profit, the costs go up and quality goes down.

Should make some of the people the government sponsor and chop as smart people eat the fly eggs and crunch on the Drosophila.

Yes, at my aunts Lucy ever got frozen prawns with suspicious strands in them, these prawns originate from nearby country that has airline that James' craves.

Needless to say, binned the entire lot.

And you wonder why 50% is a reality for otherwise outstanding work.

Do not trust anyone. Do a Caesar.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for writing to AVA .

We have received the case from AVA and would be responsible for your feedback henceforth.

Please feel free to email us at [email protected] or contact us at 1800 225 5632(+65 6225 5632 if overseas) for more information.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely

National Environment Agency

Twincharged

Roach-infested Singapore tofu maker fined for food safety lapses

Offering a number of soybean-based products from tofu to vegetarian chicken, Dolford Food Manufacturing company was convicted yesterday and fined S$3,000 (US$2,200) after its premises were found swarming with cockroaches and jumping with spiders. 

The firm was found guilty of failing to meet the food safety standards in a routine July inspection of its Admiralty Street location. Inspectors found its food processing and packing rooms visibly dirty and filled with cockroaches, spiders and cobwebs, while the flooring, wall tiles and doors were structurally damaged. 

Due to the hygiene lapses and poor maintenance, the company’s operating license was immediately suspended only eight days — July 30 through Aug. 7. 

Dolford Food was founded in 2010 and specializes in soybean-based products such as egg tofu, beancurd skin, spiced tau kwa (firm tofu) and vegetarian duck and chicken. 

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Roach-infested Singapore tofu maker fined for food safety lapses

Offering a number of soybean-based products from tofu to vegetarian chicken, Dolford Food Manufacturing company was convicted yesterday and fined S$3,000 (US$2,200) after its premises were found swarming with cockroaches and jumping with spiders. 

The firm was found guilty of failing to meet the food safety standards in a routine July inspection of its Admiralty Street location. Inspectors found its food processing and packing rooms visibly dirty and filled with cockroaches, spiders and cobwebs, while the flooring, wall tiles and doors were structurally damaged. 

Due to the hygiene lapses and poor maintenance, the company’s operating license was immediately suspended only eight days — July 30 through Aug. 7. 

Dolford Food was founded in 2010 and specializes in soybean-based products such as egg tofu, beancurd skin, spiced tau kwa (firm tofu) and vegetarian duck and chicken. 

If anyone is concerned about which particular brands / range of products, can just look here: http://www.dolford.com.sg/products.html

• Praise 2

Once at prata store.. the guy was kneading dole.. I order,  he straight take my money and just go back to kneading.. no glove or washing hand 😱

Had to cancel order..

Tbe folks queueing behind me probably tot I was silly. 

To set a standard, first got to look at our hawker centre stall layout. Each kiosk is so cramp, you know the hygiene standard. Inspection is done not when they are in operations but when it is cleaned up and no activities. 

OMO quite common. Even if he wears groves,  take out and put back for each customer,  how hygienic can it be? Cashless is the way to go. 

Again, the fans blowing onto the tables and cleaners sweeps using bare hands onto the floors, wet utensils, no proper pathways for queuing or even trolleys,  etc. Don't even want to consider tray returning if cleaner can't even push a cleaning trolley through the cramp passageway. 

Edited by Victor68
Missing words
↡ Advertisement